Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 04:09 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,449,641 times

Advertisements

I like the fact they voted out two very annoying people right away. That usually doesn’t happen. Time after time we have seen those types get saved because the others believe them to be an asset to their game but they just wind up going too far.
Gonzales was just too full of Herself and the guy, already forgot his name, was just too annoying and too transparent. He just kept trying to play the bumbling nerd game too hard.

Looks like a good season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2018, 04:54 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,219,158 times
Will someone tell me what happened? I couldn't watch because I was blinded by all the white teeth!
Just joking but seriously, when they first hit the beach there were a lot of really really white teeth. I know they
are young but are their teeth really that white naturally? I'm thinking not but IDK.

While seeming sort of arrogant about it I do think Chris made the right choice to default on that first challenge
That chick was in no way getting that puzzle all she was doing was moving pieces around as fast as she could.
And that Dominick guy calling it out? Jerk move whether its survivor or not oh and he was wrong. Everyone has fire by the 2nd or 3rd challenge and 20 eggs is not such a big deal. Fishing is.

Thought it was pretty good overall. Its like production came up with small twists that made things interesting vs.
these big game changing flops. Like the sand timer on the first challenge, that ramped up the adreline without
seeming to gamey/big idea.

That swimming challenge - did someone make the choice to send out there 2 weakest swimmers at the same time? I mean they've been there about 6 days at that point, surely they've had time to discuss peoples strengths and weakness, like who can swim and who can't. And, Donathan?, you have a beach, you know there are going to be swimming challenges - go practice!

Ghost Island seems ok so far althought I was surprised Donathan didn't get anything at all. I mean whats the point of that?

These guys seem a little more....survivor judgemental because they are survivor fans? Like - oh no so and so is playing to hard for this early in the game. You are't supposed to do that. Its not a rule. If they are playing to hard I guess they are playing to hard, but if they are playing badly you can work that to your advantage maybe. Although in this case Gonzalez seemed very head strong and a loose cannon so I think it was the right move.
But I sensed a sort of how - this is how the game is supposed to be played thing going on - like they are watching the game while playing the game. IDK, just changed some of the decision dynamics a little I think.

Jacob seemed so Cochran like I felt sure he was going to pull it out and stick around but they got him. Guess he didn't play up his nerdiness enough for Jeff to fall in love with him. I realize he put a tgt on his back idol looking but seriously what are you supposed to do? You know your on the block anyway.
Black curly long haired woman calling the shots - shades of Parvati. She is someone to watch but her manipulations may put a target on her back.
Gonzalez - well she seemed sort of arrogant and I think that was her downfall.
Dominick - he seems aware that he might not have the personality to go head to head against Chris. Modifying your personality is really hard, be interesting to see if he can do it. Got an idol though. Not sure that fake idol is going to fool Chris though.
Chris seems like someone to watch.
Donathan - I was prepared to dislike him but I like him a lot. He's had quite the isolated life and this must be extremely overwhelming. He seems very earnest and hopeful and sweet. Felt so bad he didn't get anything on Ghost Island. I mean, even if you get voted out you want a full experience right?
I'm a little confused by all blond women - was trying to keep and eye for Angela who I'm rooting for based on her bio and not sure she had a speaking part?
Real Estate kid probably just got his license out of high school and probably hasn't sold a property yet. I can see why he wouldn't want to be labeled the youngest.
Sea Bass - we are going to call you Sea Bass. Serioiusly?

Yea I'm not watching to watch a bunch of whispering at Tribal. They need to do something about that.

Old 03-01-2018, 05:04 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,422,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
Probably the biggest is hidden immunity idols. These are idols, typically one per camp, hidden somewhere. Whoever finds it, plays it after the votes are read but before they are revealed. It means any votes cast against them do not count at that tribal council. They typically can be played anytime up through the Final 5, I believe.

Also, most season now have a final 3 instead of final 2.

And the new final tribal format no longer has each jury member stand up and ask a question or make a statement. Instead, it's an open forum where jury members can address anyone at any time, including other jury members, to try to get the information they want about the 3 people who are up for a million dollars.

That's the big ones. There are always twists they throw in now and then.

Thanks!

Old 03-01-2018, 06:54 AM

I was laughing so hard at Jacob telling Stephanie all about the advantage he got on Ghost Island I couldn’t stop. What a maroon. He said he would keep it to himself. But oh, she was “flirting†with him and “she was pretty†and “wanted to work with him.â€

Good grief man. You were so played by her! That’s what happens when you think you’re being the clever one. I think this role of people playing the poor awkward nerd is getting old. I believed Cochran but since then, eh, not so much.

Anyway he’s gone and now she knows who has the advantage. Since the teams will be changing it could be useful to her in making new alliances. Well done Stephanie!

Old 03-01-2018, 07:17 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Someone said there was less food this season of Survivor? That little skinny gay guy must have put two pounds of rice in the pot JUST FOR HIMSELF during his stay on ghost island. I was wondering how he was going to eat it all. I was thinking, damn, give some of it to the starving kids in Africa!

Whispering and breaking out during tribal council - this has it's origination during the season before last where Jeff let a council continue into unorganized chaos. I knew then it would be a continuing trend and essentially risk ruining what should be a public discussion. It happened a few times last season as well.

Old 03-01-2018, 07:54 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Someone said there was less food this season of Survivor? That little skinny gay guy must have put two pounds of rice in the pot JUST FOR HIMSELF during his stay on ghost island. I was wondering how he was going to eat it all. I was thinking, damn, give some of it to the starving kids in Africa!

Whispering and breaking out during tribal council - this has it's origination during the season before last where Jeff let a council continue into unorganized chaos. I knew then it would be a continuing trend and essentially risk ruining what should be a public discussion. It happened a few times last season as well.
Yep, as soon as I heard Dimples give his blessing to Gonzalez whispering, that turned me right off. I also knew that was going to be a "usual" TC thing as soon as they did it in the season before last. (Thanks, Dd, I am just parroting you, had no clue which season it was.) I don't like it at all.

I agree with the two who went home. Loved their surprise. I, too, was prepared not to like Dothan but he seems so genuinely "babe in the woods " that I like him. That accent though!! Hurts my ears!

What was up with James? I can't swim very well but I would have at least TRIED!

Hello to the "old timers" who are still around. Where is Jax???

Old 03-01-2018, 08:28 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,860,811 times
I hate hate hate the whispering and moving around. They should be required to speak out loud or not at all. Whispering defeats the purpose of an open discussion. Wheel and deal on your own time. TC is ours.

Anyhoo, glad that Gonzales got played. I did not like her at all. Did they show her exit talk thingy? I didn't see one. Jacob was okay (thought a bit too much of himself) but it was hilarious watching him get played by some, obvious, flirtation. Not a good move bub. lol I really like Donathan. I'm glad he wasn't voted off.

I didn't get why the guys were so beat on the first challenge. It didn't look all that difficult. The run wasn't that far.

I dig the TC area. That big scary fire head is super cool. Ghost Island definitely seems interesting. Guess we'll see how that plays out.

Oh, leave my socks alone NYTom!

And yeah, where is Jax?

Last edited by JonasW; 03-01-2018 at 08:47 AM..

Old 03-01-2018, 09:39 AM

Quote:
I dig the TC area. That big scary fire head is super cool. Ghost Island definitely seems interesting. Guess we'll see how that plays out.
So do I. All the camera shots and scenery were great especially the way they were juxtaposed with the action like the big crab pouncing on its prey when someone was being tricky and the snake when someone was being sneaky. I love when they do that.

Old 03-01-2018, 10:20 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,532,538 times
First two hours should have been titled: Let's make Jacob look like a goober. On all ends he appeared unaware of reality and was unable to cope with how people need to act/react to survive Survivor.

After his trip to Ghost Island he had no reason to make up what he did. Could have explained it in detail right down to what he had to do with his attempt to reverse the curse on the Legacy Advantage. Need be, all he had to do was lie about who he gave it to.

And then to make matters worse, he got played. So the guy who's hair makes it look like his mother was a sheep is gone and yes, the Legacy Advantage curse carries on.

Old 03-01-2018, 11:55 AM

5,888 posts, read 6,955,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
While seeming sort of arrogant about it I do think Chris made the right choice to default on that first challenge
That chick was in no way getting that puzzle all she was doing was moving pieces around as fast as she could.
And that Dominick guy calling it out? Jerk move whether its survivor or not oh and he was wrong. Everyone has fire by the 2nd or 3rd challenge and 20 eggs is not such a big deal. Fishing is.
Did they show anyone fishing? I was thinking they should have had a couple go fishing instead of everyone working on the shelter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
That swimming challenge - did someone make the choice to send out there 2 weakest swimmers at the same time? I mean they've been there about 6 days at that point, surely they've had time to discuss peoples strengths and weakness, like who can swim and who can't. And, Donathan?, you have a beach, you know there are going to be swimming challenges - go practice!
If I was going on the show, I would practice how to do things like make a fire, make a fish trap, do slide puzzles, swim underwater, etc. I would also watch all past seasons again and note things like where the most idols are hidden (tree trunks ?). Most of all, I would learn how to keep my mouth shut and not tell others if I found an idol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV