Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 07:32 AM

8,238 posts, read 10,728,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
I have not read one article that noted ABC is considering a spinoff/reboot without her.

And of course the idea of a spinoff will be discussed at the production company meeting. Everything will be on the table including wrapping it up and moving on.
ABC isnt considering it because right now there is nothing to consider. That said, Sara Gilbert and Tom Werner are expected to meet with Bruce Helford and the rest of the writers to come up with ideas to move the show on without Barr. Everyone involved (cast included) is open to moving forward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2018, 11:42 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
That, according to what I just saw. Of course, they're sounding magnanimous due to their concern about other cast members left blindsided, but I wouldn't be surprised, given the $60 million in ad revenue they're looking to fill.

IMO, though, I agree with some of the people wondering why they even bothered to resurrect that show. I said early on, you can't go home again. Personally, I couldn't have cared less about those characters today. Roseanne belongs in the past.

Word is, they're considering "Jackie," and they already have a tag line: You tuned in for her, anyway.
LOL I didn't. I always thought she was over-the-top and she only got worse, slipping more and more into her bad Carol Burnett impersonation.

That ship sank; let it go, for crying out loud.
I agree. I like Laurie Metcaf as a real actress but I CANNOT STAND her hyperactive Jackie character. Ugh.

I'm not a fan of reboots in general. I'll give Murphy Brown one shot and that's it. I can't imagine a "Friends" reboot or a "Seinfeld" reboot , etc.

That said - if they were going to continue the Roseanne show without Roseanne - I think John goodman would be a better anchor for the show than Jackie.

Old 05-31-2018, 12:05 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,310,364 times
Fine Roseanne big bucks so it hurts; send her to therapy and sensitivity training; accept her apology; forgive her, and then put the show back on air, and all those people back to work.How about that?

I'm a firm believer in second chances and forgiveness, especially when it comes to comedians.

(Don't bother asking why, because I'm not going to tell you!)

Last edited by picklejuice; 05-31-2018 at 12:20 PM..

Old 05-31-2018, 12:25 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,454,370 times
I was enjoying the show. It had a lot of stories going on. Roseanne isn’t needed. Kill off her character and make it about husband Dan struggling to keep the family together. Rename it “The Conners.”

Old 05-31-2018, 12:32 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,090,712 times
wow I don't think they should do any of this . we are boycotting abc plain and simple I'm sorry but they allow anyone to say anything on that crappy show the view and and now they axe Roseanne off the show sorry but let it go and I'm sure these other folks can find other work .

Old 05-31-2018, 12:51 PM

5,251 posts, read 3,610,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I was enjoying the show. It had a lot of stories going on. Roseanne isn’t needed. Kill off her character and make it about husband Dan struggling to keep the family together. Rename it “The Conners.”
I think they should literally KILL the Roseanne character & then have the series be like "Clue", where each of the remaining characters are examined per episode for the many valid reasons they could be the killer. Entertaining & therapeutic.

Old 05-31-2018, 12:52 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
The "family" are all GROWN ADULTS. Why are they such losers that they keep coming back to the nest?

Old 05-31-2018, 05:57 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefe View Post
I think they should literally KILL the Roseanne character & then have the series be like "Clue", where each of the remaining characters are examined per episode for the many valid reasons they could be the killer. Entertaining & therapeutic.
You should pitch that to ABC. It would be ratings GOLD.

Old 05-31-2018, 06:06 PM

18,101 posts, read 15,676,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
The "family" are all GROWN ADULTS. Why are they such losers that they keep coming back to the nest?

Only Darlene (and her 2 kids) are living back home and the storyline was she lost her job and as a single mom with 2 kids and no job, she needed to move back in for awhile.

No one else lives there aside from the Roseanne and Dan.

Becky and DJ live in their own places and come for the occasional dinner and hijinks. DJ has a young daughter and his wife is in the military and he's home from the military. Jackie of course has her own place (and now has her & Roseanne's mother living with her).

Old 05-31-2018, 07:08 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefe View Post
There have been several mystery shows like that where the entire season is built around finding the killer
How to Commit Murder has gone on WAY too long--I stopped watching it in first season because of its general irrational script--but some people love it...

Or you could have Roseanne die in some way that enables Dan and the children to get large settlement and become very wealthy---
Like "Beverly Hillbillys"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV