Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2018, 07:14 PM

3,110 posts, read 1,986,795 times

Advertisements

Who are the smartest TV characters that you can think of? Therefore, I am asking for a list of the smartest TV characters that you can think of, along with the name of the TV show that they played on. Plus any additional comments that you may have, which is optional. Also, you can always add names to your list at another time.

The Smartest

1. Olivia Pope from Scandal. Olivia was always right about everything and was very brilliant at problem solving.

2. Raymond Reddington from the Black List. Even though he's a criminal, he is brilliant in problem solving and strategies and in understanding how situations work.

3. Sheldon Cooper from The Big Bang Theory. Sheldon may not always be wise, but academically he is a genius.

4. Leonard Hoftsetter from the Big Bang Theory. Leonard, Sheldon's best friend is also a genius academically, even though in life, he doesn't always make the wisest choices.

5. Steve Urkel from Family Matter. Steve is also one of those super brainy geniuses whose social skills leave much to be desired.

6. Columbo from Columbo. Yes, Columbo may have seemed slow and bumbling, and could be quite annoying to the criminals that he is after, but in reality, he was brilliant and exacting in figuring out exactly what happened during the murders that he investigates, and who did them.

7. Winn Schott from Supergirl. Winn is one of those wiz-kid super computer geniuses.

8. Felicity Smoak from Arrow. Felicity is also one of those wiz-kid super computer geniuses who you would rather want on your side than to not be on your side.

9. Cisco Ramon from The Flash. In addition to being a wiz-kid super computer genius, Cisco is also a "mechanical engineering genius."

10. Caitlin Snow from The Flash. Caitlin is not only a brilliant scientist, but is also a genius bio-engineer.

11. Harrison Wells from The Flash. First of all, I must admit that in adding the comments, making this post is starting to become exhausting, but Harrison Well, is a super scientist, genius, inventor and entrepreneur.

12. Barnard "Barney" Collier from Mission Impossible. And to quote Wikipedia, his "main role as an IMF agent was that of an electronics and mechanical genius. . ."

There's more, but I'm going to work on my "Dumbest TV Characters" thread right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2018, 08:15 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,896,722 times
One of my favorite characters is Gaius Baltar from the newer Battlestar Galactica. He’s not only book smart, but is very good at using his intelligence to manipulate others and look out for numero uno. He’s almost completely self-serving, but occasionally... no he’s just completely self-serving and hilarious.

Old 06-07-2018, 09:01 PM

11,632 posts, read 12,695,930 times
Mr. Spock
Perry Mason
Macguyver
Most of the TV doctors (and they were wise too, doling out all kinds of advice)

Old 06-07-2018, 09:41 PM

I just thought about Star Trek characters.

13. Wesley Crusher from Star Trek: The Next Generation. Wesley was this super smart genius, however, I wished that they would have followed up on his character either in Voyager or Deep Space Nine, or the TNG movies.

14. Mr. Data from Star Trek: The Next Generation. Although, I'm not sure if artificial positronic brains count or not, however, Mr. Data is suppose to be considered a sentient being.

15. Geordi La Forge from Star Trek: The Next Generation. Geordi was a brilliant starship engineer. Although, one would have to be pretty brilliant to be a starship engineer.

16. Julian Bashir from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. This brilliant doctor was a result of genetic engineering to his brain during his teen years.

17. Kathryn Janeway from Star Trek: Voyager. In addition to being the Captain of the starship Voyager, Captain Janeway was also a brilliant and accomplished scientist.

18. Montgomery Scott from Star Trek: The Original Series.(Aka Scotty.) As I said before, one would have to be pretty brilliant to be a starship engineer... and Mr. Scott was one of the best.

19. Mr. Spock from Star Trek: The Original Series. In addition to his Vulcan disciplined mind and emotions, Spock was also a very brilliant scientist.

20. James T. Kirk from Star Trek: The Original Series. Even though we think of Captain Kirk as this courageous hero who is able to get himself and his crew out of some very difficult jams, the 2009 Star Trek movie revealed that James was an advanced genius at Star Fleet Academy who had a high IQ. Therefore, the scrapes that he got out of, in addition to being able to out-think and out-talk malevolent machines and computers that posed threats to the Enterprise... was not only because of his guts, but was also because of his intelligence.

Old 06-07-2018, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
One of my favorite characters is Gaius Baltar from the newer Battlestar Galactica. He’s not only book smart, but is very good at using his intelligence to manipulate others and look out for numero uno. He’s almost completely self-serving, but occasionally... no he’s just completely self-serving and hilarious.
I don't know who that is, because I've never really watched the new Battlestar Galactica, but he sounds pretty interesting.

Old 06-07-2018, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
Mr. Spock
Perry Mason
Macguyver
Most of the TV doctors (and they were wise too, doling out all kinds of advice)
Those are good ones. Especially Perry Mason and Macguyver who could probably get out of a tight spot with the laces of his shoes. And of course TV doctors and surgeons are brilliant.

Old 06-07-2018, 09:51 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,262,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
Perry Mason
He was pretty smart and won all his cases, but mostly he was lucky to have clients who just happened to be innocent.

Old 06-07-2018, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncdave View Post
he was pretty smart and won all his cases, but mostly he was lucky to have clients who just happened to be innocent.
Ha-ha!

Old 06-07-2018, 10:25 PM

44,622 posts, read 61,590,826 times
Columbo

Old 06-07-2018, 10:31 PM

37,107 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Charlie Epps, Numb3rs

Leroy Jethro Gibbs, NCIS

Temperance Brennan, Bones
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV