Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 10:33 AM

27,223 posts, read 46,893,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Amber and her hubby I think are doomed as well. She is entirely too insecure and he is very controlling and is holding it in. The fact he was so freaked out about her touching things in the kitchen and would have to fix it later was the perfect example. Things need to be done just so or he gets irritated. I may be reading too much into it, but certain remarks he makes rub me the wrong way.

Tristan and Mia are definitely doomed. I wonder if he told the experts he wanted to move to Houston? That is a huge ask of someone you just met. He is very immature and continues to show it. The list they created really showed how he couldn't think of anyone else.

Bobby and Danielle seem to be really enjoying each other. I hope that Dr. Pepper doesn't create drama where there isn't any.

Tristan should have run so far from her and get that annulment but he was so stupid to stay...maybe the money that he will get at the end or camera's rolling, I don't know why he kept her.

Amber looks horrible with her blond hair as she will be much nicer looking as a brunette with healthy hair than this bad looking hair that looks like bad extensions that are burned. Both, her and him are an example why they are single.

The young couple seems like a cute match, hopefully that stays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2018, 10:41 AM

8,620 posts, read 5,699,411 times
I don't understand why none of the women can cook. I would think that would be an important skill to have in a spouse - especially if you want kids. Kids have to eat. Every day. Who is going to cook?

The chicken cooties also grossed me out and I would have told her to wash her hands and would have wiped everything down, but since she is "so sensitive," he had to keep his mouth shut.

I can't believe what a big production it was for her to cook one dinner! And she was so shaky! Weirdness.

Mia and her hubby - nope - they are both "off" for different reasons. I don't trust her - she is shady. I thought it was funny that she reread her vows where she promised to be honest and he said nothing about what really happened!

The cutie couple - they seem very compatible, but does he have anger issues? I saw one promotion of her getting upset when he did something concerning one of the dogs.

Old 09-06-2018, 05:51 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,823,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
I don't understand why none of the women can cook. I would think that would be an important skill to have in a spouse - especially if you want kids. Kids have to eat. Every day. Who is going to cook?
I don't cook, so I can relate. I never had the need to learn. Growing up mom didn't teach me. Throughout my early adult years I worked in the restaurant industry and always ate out. Then I got married to a man who is an amazing cook and loves doing so.

That said, living in the Dallas area, I notice almost every family goes out to eat. Very few have dinner at home. It could be a regional thing.

Old 09-06-2018, 03:15 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,842,008 times
Nowadays cooking isn't gender based. I know a lot of men who cook and some women who cook.
I have simply never met someone who can't cook -at all! Come on, don't we all have that one signature dish that we can and do cook, even occasionally?

The issue I had with Amber was her lack of knowledge on the handling of raw meat; especially chicken
The counters need to be prepped and so does her hands. I don't like to cook but I do cook. There is enough information on the web now to know about cross contamination from raw chicken. Just ewwwww……….
my mom taught me this: never use anything that has come into contact with raw chicken on cooked foods without washing them thoroughly first. This includes your hands, chopping boards, knives, kitchen cloths, dishes and plates, barbecue tongs, basting brush.
This is some serious health concerns, I keep the toss away plastic type gloves on when I cook chicken. I have my comet and Lysol handy for immediate use.
Overkill? Maybe but the alternatives are gross and horrible.

Even when I brown hamburger meat I use one utensil during the browning phase and switch to a clean one after all the yucky blood has cooked out.

Old 09-06-2018, 03:24 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,699,411 times
On the cooking thing: I know it is not gender based now, but traditionally it has been. It really doesn't matter now who cooks if daytime work, childcare, and chores are evenly divided (with not one person doing most of everything).

For a happy home, though, someone has to cook. It is an important skill and people should be teaching their kids how to cook. My mom did not teach me (jealously and competition issues) and I feel sorry for spouse(s) who had to gag through my learning. I am now a good cook, but it took a long time.

I just think everyone should know how to cook!

I think Amber has cleanliness issues, in general, because something was said about "hygiene."

And her hair HAS to go. It is so unattractive - all fried and broken off. What is she thinking?

Old 09-07-2018, 11:18 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,465,267 times
I have a feeling all three couples will stay married at the end, but I don't predict they all last very long.

I also can't believe these women can't cook. That's ridiculous.

How come no one's talking about Ashley and Anthony being pregnant? I'm so happy for them!

https://hollywoodlife.com/2018/08/28...-announcement/

Old 09-08-2018, 07:23 AM

Now I realize what Amber reminds me off. When you go to Disney you see the characters walking around with these wigs and dresses and she reminds me of Cinderella and other blonde Disney characters who wear a wig and you know it is fake hair.

Many girls/women have blonde dyed hair and look good. Amber should be smart and let her hair be close to her own color so it has a shine on it, rather than this dead looking stro resembling hair do.

I hadn’t watched the cooking episode until this morning and that freaked me out. She literally touched everything. From the butter to fridge, contra termination due to knife and fingers going from one food item and surface to another. My kids are not great cooks but they know how careful you have to be with raw chicken. This is disaster in the making and for him to say he will clean it later h do any realize how bad this already is.

Under the sink he has a brown bag for garbage. Hopefully the fluid stuff is not thrown in there as trying to live green and than having all these bacteria flying around and multiplying like crazy is ridiculous.

Old 09-08-2018, 08:39 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,842,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
I have a feeling all three couples will stay married at the end, but I don't predict they all last very long.

How come no one's talking about Ashley and Anthony being pregnant? I'm so happy for them!

had no idea and I don't follow Instagram and such. But great news-beautiful couple and thanks Jill!!

Old 09-08-2018, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post

That’s great news so the show does work for some couples

Old 09-10-2018, 09:28 AM

3,339 posts, read 6,015,807 times
I have some sympathy for Amber, but she really needs to get it together. She is so insecure and it's such a turn off. I am put off by her just watching her on TV, so I don't know how Dave isn't incredibly frustrated. I hope she will work on herself, regardless of the marriage, so she can improve her self-image. All the makeup and hair stuff are just extensions of her insecurity, IMO.

I have no idea what Tristan is thinking. Mia is bat**** crazy. But, I also agree with her family that it is incredibly rude and strange to expect to get married at first site living in one city and immediately expect your new spouse to move to another city. I mean, really? Why was he even in Dallas in the first place if he needs to live in Houston for his work? That's pretty crazy.

I think Bobby and Danielle will work out. Hopefully they'll be happy long term, but they seem to be a good fit.

And, as for the cooking, it's 2018. A woman not being able to cook is no more surprising or strange than a man not being able to cook. I agree it's a life skill that everyone should acquire to some degree, but it's not everyone's interest and there's nothing wrong with that. I happen to like cooking when I have time, and I'm good at it, but I would probably still be nervous cooking on camera for a person I've only known a couple weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV