Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 12:17 PM

2 posts, read 3,324 times

Advertisements

Bronco Lane
Sugar Foot
BandStand with Dick Clark
Pinky Lee the first show I watched when we first got TV
Wagon Train
What has happened to TV we always had something good to watch and we too had only three channels. It was free, now I pay out the wazoo and have 200 over channels and nothing fit to watch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 12:42 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,625,047 times
I'm sure someone mentioned it but i always liked ''Good Times'' as JJ was a funny dude . I'll still catch it on TV Land at times. Even though i'm a 80's Rockin Anglo i always thought that Thelma was fine. Wonder how many white dudes besides myself liked Thelma...lol...

Old 11-06-2008, 01:52 PM

2,449 posts, read 5,950,738 times
Rowan and Martin's Laugh In

Sanford and Son

Emergency (paramedics show)

S.W.A.T

Carol Burnett Show (Tim Conway was a gas!)

Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom

Wonderful World of Disney

Jack Lalane (exercising in the morning as a kid to his show!)

Old 09-15-2010, 05:38 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times
45 years ago today!

YouTube - Lost in Space - Network Sales Presentation

Old 09-15-2010, 07:22 PM

44,359 posts, read 20,066,476 times
My TV comes out of Chicago, and there's a station called "The U," at channel 26.2 (with an antenna), that broadcasts old TV shows, many of them black and white. Once in a while they have a 14-hour marathon with a particular theme. About a year ago, the marathon was pilot episodes of a whole bunch of great old TV shows. What a blast it was to see those shows! The one that surprised me most was the pilot of the Dick Van Dyke Show. Almost all the actors were different than the ones with which we're familiar. Carl Reiner (NOT Dick Van Dyke) played the head writer and was married to Mary Tyler Moore's character. The show was pretty serious and only had a couple of fairly lighthearted moments - not a comedy at all. They already had little Richie, and he was a school-age kid. A different actress played Sally Rogers. Dick Van Dyke had a small role. It was strange, seeing that pilot!

Some of the other pilot episodes shown that day were: The Beverly Hillbillies; Andy Griffith; Leave It To Beaver; I Dream of Jeanie; Father Knows Best; Gilligan's Island; Bewitched; Lost In Space; Bonanza; Little House on the Prairie; and a whole bunch of others.

That oldies channel is one of my favorites!

Old 09-15-2010, 08:34 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,545,902 times
Didn't read through the entire thread, but I always enjoy the shows that don't last long. BJ and the Bear, Then Came Bronson (Remember the theme song "Goin' Down That Long Lonesome Highway"?), Emergency, Doogie Howzer, Dragnet, Adam-12. Those last 3 you can watch on hulu.com.

Old 09-16-2010, 12:32 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times
Gunsmoke
MacMillian and Wife
Black Sheep Squadron
Have Gun Will Travel
Cannon/Mannix/Barnaby Jones
It Takes a Thief
Mission Impossible
CHiPS
The Misadventures of Sheriff Lobo

Old 09-16-2010, 06:38 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,002,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ8 View Post
My TV comes out of Chicago, and there's a station called "The U," at channel 26.2 (with an antenna), that broadcasts old TV shows, many of them black and white. Once in a while they have a 14-hour marathon with a particular theme. About a year ago, the marathon was pilot episodes of a whole bunch of great old TV shows. What a blast it was to see those shows! The one that surprised me most was the pilot of the Dick Van Dyke Show. Almost all the actors were different than the ones with which we're familiar. Carl Reiner (NOT Dick Van Dyke) played the head writer and was married to Mary Tyler Moore's character. The show was pretty serious and only had a couple of fairly lighthearted moments - not a comedy at all. They already had little Richie, and he was a school-age kid. A different actress played Sally Rogers. Dick Van Dyke had a small role. It was strange, seeing that pilot!

Some of the other pilot episodes shown that day were: The Beverly Hillbillies; Andy Griffith; Leave It To Beaver; I Dream of Jeanie; Father Knows Best; Gilligan's Island; Bewitched; Lost In Space; Bonanza; Little House on the Prairie; and a whole bunch of others.

That oldies channel is one of my favorites!
The first 4 Lost In Space episodes were the best.
Yes, LUV the oldies channel.

Old 09-19-2010, 12:40 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,454,370 times
Wow I am experiencing deja vu like mad. Did anyone mention "Our Miss Brooks"? Those who do here's some trivia for you. What is the similarity between that show and my board name? If you know the answer, you are as old as I am (or older).

I loved Mr. Peepers and Ernie Kovacs. Kovacs was way ahead of his time in TV and was tragically taken from us too soon.

Then there were (sorry if these were mentioned before I tried to check through the posts) the gems of the 50's and maybe a couple of 60's because I can't remember for sure.

Private Secretary with Anne Southern

My Little Margie with Gale Storm

Life With Elizabeth with Betty White

Your Hit Parade various singers

Dr. Hudson's Secret Journal: can't recall the star's name

Sky King: can't recall the star's name

Annie Oakley: can't recall the star's name

The Original Mickey Mouse Club with lots of kids

Science Fiction Theater with Truman Bradly

Outer Limits with Boris Karloff (I think)

The Twilight Zone with Rod Serling

Arthur Godfrey's Talent Scouts with of course Arthur Godfrey

You Bet Your Life with Groucho Marx

The list goes on but I am exhausted. I need a nap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV