Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 11:17 PM

743 posts, read 876,806 times

Advertisements

Interesting finale. So is the agent still alive after 90+ years? I don't really get what Amy meant. Is he immortal too? This show is really good. Not like the usual vampire story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2019, 09:23 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGS4EVER View Post
Interesting finale. So is the agent still alive after 90+ years? I don't really get what Amy meant. Is he immortal too? This show is really good. Not like the usual vampire story.
I was thinking both the Agent and Lila might still be alive because both of them got the "cure". I was surprised Amy didn't retrieve her arrow after shooting that vamp. That's a good way to run out of ammunition.

I don't think Amy drank the blood of that mother and son when they wanted to kill the Agent. I think she just killed them.

I wonder why, in her vision of the future, she saved a dying Fanning? Cuz that's just her?

I really enjoyed that finale. Excellent with the time jump.

Astro, I have to put aside most everything I have been watching in order to read the book. If it's okay with you, I would like to dm you so I can talk about the book! I'm someplace in chapter 4 and I am stunned by the differences! It took me until the wee hours of this morning to realize who Richards is! I need to talk to someone who has read the book!

Thanks so much for starting this thread, Tom!! What an excellent show and getting me to read the books.

Old 03-12-2019, 09:41 AM

157 posts, read 91,532 times
After a slow-burn season they sure did amp it up last night. Heck of a finale! I hope the show had an audience and we get a S2 because I'd like to see more of this 'universe'. I'm presuming most of the major characters will still be alive since some got the cure and some were chosen by their vamp-buddy. And I guess now I have my answer how they address the time leap from the books...we simply jumped ahead 100 years...lol!

On a minor side note...if the show gets picked up for more than a couple seasons they're going to have an issue with the Amy character. They didn't age her much after the time lapse (for a moment I thought they might have gone with an adult actress until they showed her face). But they decided to stick w/ the vampires-don't-age trope which will be problematic as this young actress ages. I guess they could play it off that they age slow. A small consideration but one that crossed my mind never the less. Great show; I'm ready for more.

Old 03-12-2019, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattedCOdude View Post
After a slow-burn season they sure did amp it up last night. Heck of a finale! I hope the show had an audience and we get a S2 because I'd like to see more of this 'universe'. I'm presuming most of the major characters will still be alive since some got the cure and some were chosen by their vamp-buddy. And I guess now I have my answer how they address the time leap from the books...we simply jumped ahead 100 years...lol!

On a minor side note...if the show gets picked up for more than a couple seasons they're going to have an issue with the Amy character. They didn't age her much after the time lapse (for a moment I thought they might have gone with an adult actress until they showed her face). But they decided to stick w/ the vampires-don't-age trope which will be problematic as this young actress ages. I guess they could play it off that they age slow. A small consideration but one that crossed my mind never the less. Great show; I'm ready for more.
I thought of the aging bit too but they did say vamps age much much slower plus after watching a show for a few years, you don't realize the difference in the actors. Just like with close friends and family, you don't see it unless you look at pictures.

Like I have been watching Grey's Anatomy since season 1 and I never notice the aging until they flashback. THEN I notice.

Old 03-12-2019, 10:47 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,590,000 times
So right before they show the future, America gets nuked by other countries for having such dangerous people? (vampires).

What I don't get is - when they show someone dying, or about to die, they then show a scene of them relaxing and talking like they are normal. What is the meaning of this? Like in the scene with the father of that daughter that chooses not to eat him, they are shown laying on the ground talking as if they are in some other reality. What's up with that?

Old 03-12-2019, 11:06 AM

157 posts, read 91,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
So right before they show the future, America gets nuked by other countries for having such dangerous people? (vampires).

Yes, it was explained that since it was an American disaster, our enemies (China, Russia, et. al.) would nuke us as their containment solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
What I don't get is - when they show someone dying, or about to die, they then show a scene of them relaxing and talking like they are normal. What is the meaning of this? Like in the scene with the father of that daughter that chooses not to eat him, they are shown laying on the ground talking as if they are in some other reality. What's up with that?

They have shown this throughout the series. When the vamps want to talk to and interact w/ regular people they can transport both into their minds eye (I guess) where a normal conversation can be held without them looking all hideous and monstrous.

Old 03-12-2019, 02:46 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,235,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Astro, I have to put aside most everything I have been watching in order to read the book. If it's okay with you, I would like to dm you so I can talk about the book! I'm someplace in chapter 4 and I am stunned by the differences! It took me until the wee hours of this morning to realize who Richards is! I need to talk to someone who has read the book!
You are always welcome to DM me. Having said that, I read the books in (quick look in my book tracking program...) 2010, so my memory ain't the freshest!

A great finale. I will be stunned if Fox doesn't renew this. Ratings are only ok, but those that watch are hooked!

Old 03-13-2019, 06:43 AM

5,521 posts, read 7,112,574 times
I watched last night. It was amazing!
The agent Brad has got to be alive, no show without him...

I was getting a little confused with Babcock and Vincent, what his motives were...

I loved that Christian lady who always seemed to save the day, I guess she is gone.

Amy did grow up this season, they showed a flash of her at the beginning of the season and she was like a toddler.

Old 03-13-2019, 08:53 AM

1,422 posts, read 3,442,177 times
Great show. i didn't go back through all the posts to see if anyone mentioned the chemistry between the Agent and Amy? i mean the acting, they were excellent together. that little girl will have some career ahead of her if she keeps in the business. great actress...

Old 03-13-2019, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
You are always welcome to DM me. Having said that, I read the books in (quick look in my book tracking program...) 2010, so my memory ain't the freshest!

A great finale. I will be stunned if Fox doesn't renew this. Ratings are only ok, but those that watch are hooked!
Well, I am only on chapter 12 now. The chapters are so long and I do have to put it down because of life. Don't worry about the memories. The ratings are only okay?? I am shocked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
I watched last night. It was amazing!
The agent Brad has got to be alive, no show without him...

I was getting a little confused with Babcock and Vincent, what his motives were...

I loved that Christian lady who always seemed to save the day, I guess she is gone.

Amy did grow up this season, they showed a flash of her at the beginning of the season and she was like a toddler.
Yeah, no Agent or Amy=no show.

Vincent? Is that Richard's? Whatcha confused about? He's dead, she turned him because he didn't want to die. BUT for some strange reason he doesn't require blood, he can eat real food and the light doesn't bother him. I wonder how that happened. Unless I missed his answer to her.

Sister Lacey, I would think that she is dead 97 years from now. Unless there was divine intervention going on. I am nowhere near finding out anything like that in the book.

She did mature already, didn't she?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV