Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 02:00 PM

1,761 posts, read 2,099,146 times

Advertisements

I like Dany as much as the next person but I'm team Sam. She didn't need to burn his fam.
Also, between her and Jon I think while Jon is impulsive, I think he'd be a better ruler. He cares more about people than ruling.
Honestly, Sansa would be a better ruler than both of them.

Old 04-15-2019, 02:24 PM

20,396 posts, read 14,667,898 times
That scene where Bran told Sam to go talk to Jon and tell him the big news.

My son said, "Why doesn't he just go tell him, himself?"

My snarky azz: "Because Winterfell is not ADA compliant. There are stairs involved."

My son:

People at work this morning were discussing "what it meant" that the dragons were looking at Jon like that, during the make out scene at the waterfall. I just took it as a funny thing like how if you're getting it on and your dog or cat is in the room, weirdly sitting there watching. I keep pets out of the room for reasons, yeesh, privacy please!

But yanno, I was praising Jon all during the episode for being the one with some sense, regarding the big picture here. Everyone else wants to fuss and bicker about who's the king of whatever and he's like, "Who cares, we do not even have time for this. Dead guys are coming!" But then it's like, time for nookie? Of course there's time for nookie! There is ALWAYS time for nookie. We could nookie right here for a thousand years! No one would even know! Nope. They will all be dead so, hey sure they won't know. Dammit Dany. I like you but quit distracting our boy, he's got to keep FOCUS. Dead guys! Wall! Ice dragon!

Yes Jon, we all know that dragon-mum's magical hoo-hah is very inspiring and everything. But come on now, head in the game!

And at this point...is it just me, or do the Greyjoys just collectively seem like a bunch of really tragic losers? I feel like Cersei seems less important for even entertaining one of them. And that moment where Theon is gonna go fight the dead up North and his sis is all like, "What is dead may never die" and he pauses... Great moment. Like yeah I know that's our house motto and everything but not really a vote of confidence given the present situation.

I'm also wondering... Feels like there is some parallel mojo with how Dany killed Sam's family members...and how she had that conversation with Jon where she was like, "So your sister doesn't like me...and if she doesn't respect me, that's going to be a problem..." They got interrupted before she could come right out and be like, "I may have to kill your sister, this won't be a problem between us will it, snookums?" I feel like Sansa is going to be a point of conflict in the Jon~Dany love match. Since their blood relationship clearly isn't an issue, they've only gone on and ON about how Targaryens liked to marry each other for a long time. 'Course their kids will probably be wackadoo but...*shrug*...if Westeros isn't used to having zany rulers by now...

EDIT: Yes I know, she's not supposed to be able to have any more babies. But I've got a feeling they'll get past that somehow or other. Maybe she'll like, lay an egg or something. lol!

Old 04-15-2019, 02:35 PM

32,113 posts, read 34,732,040 times
I would have loved to see Daenerys spend some quality time with Ramsay Bolton. Like Arya, she could not have survived what Sansa survived.

Old 04-15-2019, 02:38 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,274,211 times
I was beyond excited for it to start last night! I could barely keep still. At one point my husband was yawning 30 min before and I'm like "Wake your arse up!!! We have waited almost 2 damn years for this show and you are not falling asleep on me"...then I made some coffee.

Here are my favorite highlights:
* Love that the first words are from Tyrion.
* The looked on Varys 's face after those words are priceless
* The dragon ride was pretty cool
* The stare down between Sansa and Dany
* LOVED the reunion of Arya and Jon. I got teary-eyed!
* LOVED the Tormund is alive and making jokes - HAHA! "I've always had blue eyes!" I adore him!
* The look on Jaime's face seeing Brann

I loved how upset Cersei was over the Elephants. Someone needs to tell her that there were no Elephants because the entire CGI budget was spent on the Dragons!

Old 04-15-2019, 02:46 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,274,211 times
I'm still a Dany fan but yes I agree the whole "Bend the Knee" thing is getting old. I do admire that she came from nothing and look at her now. No one has gotten that far in such a short time frame without being cunning and smart. She really had the balls to push through, many times against the advice of Jorah but always came out on top... and all that from the sheer will to be a great leader. That's the Dany I love.

Oh but the crap is going to hit the fan if Jon tells her the truth about his heritage! I cannot see that going well at all.

Old 04-15-2019, 02:51 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,129,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
And that moment where Theon is gonna go fight the dead up North and his sis is all like, "What is dead may never die" and he pauses... !
Has anyone given any thought as to what the Iron Islands motto is supposed to mean? I suppose you could interpret it as fatalism...as in "once you're dead they can't kill you again." If so, where is the value in such fatalism? Just because you can only die once doesn't mean that you should be careless about protecting your life.

If it doesn't mean that, then what does it mean?

Old 04-15-2019, 02:59 PM

32,113 posts, read 34,732,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
I was beyond excited for it to start last night! I could barely keep still. At one point my husband was yawning 30 min before and I'm like "Wake your arse up!!! We have waited almost 2 damn years for this show and you are not falling asleep on me"...then I made some coffee.

Here are my favorite highlights:
* Love that the first words are from Tyrion.
* The looked on Varys 's face after those words are priceless
* The dragon ride was pretty cool
* The stare down between Sansa and Dany
* LOVED the reunion of Arya and Jon. I got teary-eyed!
* LOVED the Tormund is alive and making jokes - HAHA! "I've always had blue eyes!" I adore him!
* The look on Jaime's face seeing Brann

I loved how upset Cersei was over the Elephants. Someone needs to tell her that there were no Elephants because the entire CGI budget was spent on the Dragons!
I'm surprised you're the first to mention this. I considered making a poll about whether your heart exploded when they reunited. Mine nearly did.

Old 04-15-2019, 03:07 PM

1,761 posts, read 2,099,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I'm surprised you're the first to mention this. I considered making a poll about whether your heart exploded when they reunited. Mine nearly did.
Legit jumped up and down and cheered.

Old 04-15-2019, 03:23 PM

20,396 posts, read 14,667,898 times
Meh, about Arya and Jon. I would be more excited to see her have a sit-down with the Hound and talk about how she did in Walder Frey. She's got war stories to share with the grizzled veteran types. She's earned some respect, and the Hound is one...I can see him getting past their own history, or maybe because of it, she did what a hard survivor does. I liked their reunion more than the "aww" ones. I want to see people connect with her as the bad-azz she's become, not the cute little girl she may have once (sort of) been. I want another duel between her and Brienne and to see the look on Jon's face.

And I'm not sure at all that the poop will hit the fan when Jon tells Dany about his heritage. I feel like, she's got a choice then, she can kill him or marry him. She already likes boinkin' the guy, so why not just be like, "Well alright, clearly it was meant for us to be a thing, I mean, Targaryans do this, right?" Totally in the playbook. However, probably a lot of the Northerners will wig out... Sansa might turn on him, too. Betting the Northern lords, what's left of 'em, back Sansa.

Where does that leave Arya? Siding with House Stark in the person of Sansa, or with Jon? One wonders. She's a force to be reckoned with. So is Bran, but I think that Bran's ooky spooky new vocation transcends any familial loyalties he may have had.

I'm just sad because I've been feeling, all the way through the last season, that Tyrion, who has always been my favorite, is losing his plot armor. He's becoming less important, and his writing has been falling flat. This makes me feel like they're gonna do him in, and I never wanted to see that happen. I want the old Tyrion back, the one who stole every scene he was a part of with his wit and snark.

Old 04-15-2019, 04:36 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times
I wonder if Dany will have any dragons still alive, at the end of this season...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV