Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2019, 01:37 AM

31,910 posts, read 26,989,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCDave View Post
I believe the Bewitched house and the I Dream of Jeannie house were on the same street. Doesn't the Bewitched house show up on an episode of I Dream of Jeannie?

Also. I remember the interior of the Bewitched house was used as the Bellows home on I Dream of Jeannie. Instead of the open staircase, they had a wall.
Well spotted! See: https://www.bewitchedhouse.com/ranch/tv/index.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2019, 03:39 AM

31,910 posts, read 26,989,302 times
Not so much about layouts, but NYC film/television show locations.

The Most Famous Sitcom Residences In New York City | Scouting NY

Old 09-16-2019, 04:40 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,867,959 times
I remember the Brady house was used in a episode of Happy Days. There was a house party at night. The Brady parents' bedroom was the living room. The band was playing outdoors in the Bradys' backyard and patio area. I think a guest at the party wanted to get into a fight with one of the band members because he thought he was flirting with his girlfriend.

Old 09-16-2019, 08:12 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,549,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Maybe this is a regional thing, but I grew up in Chicago. Good friends and relatives always went to the back door, even if they lived across the street and had to pass the front door to get to it.
Similar here in Pittsburgh. Growing up we always went to the back door to get our friends to come out and play. We're all in our 60's now and a few months ago we got together at a friend's house. His wife was laughing at the fact we all came to the back door. Old habits, I guess.

Old 09-16-2019, 09:42 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,318,759 times
I watch a lot of Home Improvement reruns. While the Taylors have a garage the only vehicle that is ever in there is the hot rod or whatever car Tim is restoring. However, sometimes Tim & Jill use the garage door to come into the house and sometimes the front door. Maybe they have a circular driveway but I would think in a cold climate like Detroit they would have at least one of their everyday cars in the garage.

I don't think we are ever shown the front of the Taylor house. We are shown the backyard a lot with the fake grass in the warmer seasons and the snow placed just so on the fence between their house and Wilson's.

Old 09-16-2019, 09:52 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,264,689 times
Most TV sets have steps towards the back of the room so that actors can be seen easily when they're back there. Some sets have lots of steps and levels.

Most real houses don't have steps in the middle of floors except for maybe sunken living rooms.

Old 09-16-2019, 10:11 AM

4,940 posts, read 12,148,203 times
Funny I was just talking to my daughter about this. She watches Family Matters on Hulu. If you look at the street view of the Family Matters house, the front door is all the way to the left. But when they show the inside of the living room, the area where the front door should be is actually windows and a staircase. The front door is more aligned to the center of the living room when viewed inside. Also, there are many scenes taking place inside a garage which would seem to be in the back of the house. But if you look at the street view there is no logical place for a driveway (or garage) as the entire house is completely surrounded by other houses.

Old 09-16-2019, 10:14 AM

4,940 posts, read 12,148,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
Everybody Loves Raymond takes place in Lynbrook, Long Island. In the south shore, Nassau County, Long Island, usually visitors will enter through the side door which is off the driveway and enters into the kitchen. Only occasional guests will ring the bell for the front door and enter the home that way. Most visitors who are known to the home owners enter through the side door. Trick or treaters go to the side door. The mail or flyers are often left by the side door. Packages are left by the side door. The front door is used for "formal" occasions, like the living room. Everyone congregates in the "den."
I live in Jersey and most of the homes in my neighborhood are older and have a similar setup to what you describe. I have a detached garage in the rear of my house, so it only makes sense to enter and exit through the side door as that is closer to the garage than the front door would be. However nobody other than me uses the side door. The mail, packages, and visitors always go to the front door.

Old 09-16-2019, 11:18 AM

4,481 posts, read 3,641,477 times
On Mamas Family. When Vint and his kids moved in with Mama and Aunt Fran, everybody had a bedroom. There were 3 bedrooms upstairs and an attic bedroom for Buzz. After they left the show and Bubba moved in, all of a sudden there were only 2 bedrooms upstairs and no attic bedroom.

Old 09-16-2019, 06:01 PM

8,073 posts, read 4,747,652 times
Also on Mama's Family, there was a plot point that the house was originally a 'house of ill repute' where the founder of Raytown died. It must not have been a very successful house of ill repute if it only had two bedrooms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV