Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 10:57 AM

12,841 posts, read 15,143,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I DVR'd this too & will be watching it soon!
OK, I like this fine. I think I like this better than Stumptown. I'll keep watching.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2019, 03:23 PM

12,311 posts, read 9,782,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaboy View Post
Have you ever seen LA LAW? Smits owned the court room on that series.
I saw a little of LA Law on a spotty basis. I don't remember if it was mainly a schedule conflict or that it just never grabbed me. I think mostly the latter because I have no outstanding memories of the show. I don't remember seeing Jimmy Smits at all - just Jill Eikenberry, Michael Tucker, and a couple of others.

It has a 6.9 IMDB rating against Boston Legal's 8.4. Now there's a great law show that won't be equaled for a long time.

Old 10-01-2019, 06:38 PM

2,518 posts, read 3,271,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
I saw a little of LA Law on a spotty basis. I don't remember if it was mainly a schedule conflict or that it just never grabbed me. I think mostly the latter because I have no outstanding memories of the show. I don't remember seeing Jimmy Smits at all - just Jill Eikenberry, Michael Tucker, and a couple of others.

It has a 6.9 IMDB rating against Boston Legal's 8.4. Now there's a great law show that won't be equaled for a long time.
Smits was a super star in the court room on LA LAW. Great show.

Old 10-02-2019, 04:16 AM

12,044 posts, read 5,942,675 times
Everyone does have different tastes but I've found it hard to find a regular TV show that's not a reality show to watch and this fits the bill. Thanks to the posters here - I also found Evil.

Love Smits - love the LA Law vibe - but it also reminds me of Matlock with the jokes which I loved. Hope this is a winner!

Old 10-03-2019, 07:12 PM

2,518 posts, read 3,271,484 times
This week's episode seemed like too easy of a win against a mega-corporation. It was kind of hard to believe, in real life these things take years not sixty minutes.

Old 10-05-2019, 08:19 PM

12,493 posts, read 8,273,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post

Quote:
Smits was a super star in the court room on LA LAW. Great show.
Jimmy Smits and Blair Underwood as the brash rookie as Victor Sifentes moved up the firm roster. David Rappaport playing his court arch rival Hamilton Schuyler calling "Mr Sifuentes" is my first memory from L.A. Law.

Old 10-06-2019, 11:37 AM

4,940 posts, read 12,198,156 times
Quote:
This week's episode seemed like too easy of a win against a mega-corporation. It was kind of hard to believe, in real life these things take years not sixty minutes.
If you have the patience to watch a trial that takes years, Court TV is probably a better choice for you.

https://www.courttv.com/?gclid=Cj0KC...oaArRpEALw_wcB

Old 10-08-2019, 08:32 AM

1,763 posts, read 1,175,432 times
Quote:

And this week they got a guy who confessed to murder out of prison. He was already out of appeals, and it only took 2 shows for them to get him released.

It only took one week for the daughter to get over the fact that her father had a child she knew nothing about, and to make friends with him and make up with her father.

I think this is turning a little too sappy and predictable for me.

Old 10-11-2019, 12:18 AM

3,910 posts, read 1,843,610 times
Still watching but not sure how I feel about the show. It seems to be missing something, just not sure what.

Old 10-11-2019, 02:38 AM

12,311 posts, read 9,782,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
Still watching but not sure how I feel about the show. It seems to be missing something, just not sure what.
I'd suggest that something is a reason to keep watching. To me, that was clear from the start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV