Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2013, 12:17 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,454,370 times

Advertisements

I think Nick was always a bit off. His character to me was one of those geniuses who just doesn't get the social aspects of life. He falls in love and tries to control the woman. He becomes obsessed and controlling. That's how he was with Melanie and I think that's how he's treating Gabi. The difference between relationships is that Melanie didn't go for him but Gabi fell in love with him because she was vulnerbable. But when you think about it, Gabi really never had a say in the way things were going in her life. Nick dictated everything especially regarding the baby.

When Gabi suggested Will be the godfather and Nick said absolutely not, she very quickly gave in to Nick and said she made a mistake. All along, she agreed that Will should have some role in raising the baby but every time Nick shot that idea down she backed down. Melanie was strong and not the right woman for Nick, she realized what he was. Gabi is a weak person just perfect for Nick. I wish she would wise up.

Nick's character is kind of a crazed genius. Julie, Hope and Maggie are clueless as to how anti social he is. I think he could become dangerous again. Rafe has his number. But good luck in trying to get his sister away from him.

Anyway, that's my take on Nick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2013, 12:53 AM

19,219 posts, read 16,701,480 times

That's a good analysis, M. Could be that's where the writers are taking the story line. Is this the same actor who played the part years ago when he was pursuing Melanie? I wasn't watching then so I'm totally clueless about this guy.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:10 AM

Yes this is the same actor who killed Melanie's father and kidnapped her. I don't think he has changed. It will be interesting to see where the writers are taking his character since they brought him back. Before he was more of a nerd with no self confidence at all. Now he seems to have more confidence in himself and looks more dangerous.

When he fell in love with Melanie, he did not even know her. She was living in Europe and hosted a webste she called "Party Girl" or something like that. She was very sexy and cute and she talked about her social activities. Nick became obsessed with her. Then she came to Salem. He went crazy when he got to meet her. She just thought he was cute and never took him seriously. She used him to get whatever she wanted. He went nuts when he realized she didn't love her and tried to make her love him. I don't really remember all that much more of the story except he wound up killing her evil adoptive father who had prostituted her to pay gambling depts when she was a teenager and made her believe she had killed him.

But the true story came out and Nick went to jail for the murder.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:40 AM

Wow, I really missed a good story line. After you've told his back story, I'm intrigued as to where the writers will take his character. I recall that during his parole hearing, his drug use played a big role in his actions. I don't know about that because I tend to believe that people under the influence of anything let down their inhibitions and a very real part of them shows. Like my dear mama used to say ... "what soberness conceals, drunkenness reveals." I think it might be the same with drugs except worse!!!

Poor Gabi, though. That girl is in a world of hurt if she stays with someone who keeps her under his thumb.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:48 AM

I wish I could remember more of the Nick story. As my cousin likes to say, "I (meaning her but so do I) have the memory of a flea."

I don't remember the drug part but I do remember when he killed Melanie's father. They were in a park and Melanie fell and hit her head and was unconcious. Nick fought with her father and killed him. When Mel woke up he told her she had killed him and she had no memory of it.

Maybe someone else here can fill us in better with the story. I wish Gabi would get some courage and tell Nick that Will is going to be a part of the baby's life. Especially now that everyone knows the truth. Sami will sure have something to say about it. I hope Will won't say it was Andrew's baby like Chad try to say and just explain he was trying to cover up for Gabi so people wouldn't think she was sleeping with Andrew. But I was afraid the writers threw that in there to get Will off the hook.

In any case, Chad is toast with Abigail. Even if it wasn't a plot as he claims it was. "Just a spontaneous outburst." Hah! Makes no difference. It was still an awful thing to do.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:58 AM

I don't know if Nick was on drugs but that's what Julie, Hope and Maggie were saying when he was going through his parole hearing and were trying to convince Melanie not to contest his parole. There's a website (can't remember the name of it now) that has daily recaps that go back years. Futile for me to search though since I don't even know the year all that happened. I think I was still working which left no time for watching soaps. Sometimes (not always) I miss those days.

Chad really stuck his foot in it, today. And he looked like a fool when he found out it wasn't Andrew. It was worse, though. Can't wait to see what he does to redeem himself - as if he even could. He's turned into a true Dimera.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:08 AM

I don't remember the year either but it was probably the time I was laid off because that's when I picked up Days and began watching it again. Then when I went back to work I think I had purchased a VCR so I began recording it.

Yeah, everyone hates Chad alright. He started out not wanting to be a Dimera and now he is one through and through. Jen will be happy and so will the rest of the family because they didn't want Abigail to be with him. Now if Sami goes back to EJ which she probably will she is a fool. Between what Kristen and Chad have done to her family, she should be through with the Dimeras forever. But Sami was never one for being plentiful in the brains department.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:14 AM

That's another thing I don't get. Sami hated EJ so much she shot him in the head and now she's falling for his line again. I know it's the way the story line is written but do the writers think we're all so stupid, we don't remember? She hated this guy and wanted him dead!

Old 01-15-2013, 09:31 AM

5,120 posts, read 16,599,761 times
I loved Victor's lines yesterday....both while talking with Sonny at the coffee shop then back home talking with Maggie in the living room. The only odd lines were Victor commenting to Sonny about how grandé doesn't mean medium. That was just stupid.
Quote:
Victor: You know, as wedding disasters go, I'd say this one was about a seven.
Sonny: That doesn't sound so bad.
Victor: Well, nobody was blackmailed at the altar. Nobody was shot on the terrace... although Chad probably should
watch his back on the way home. It wasn't as bad as the one that Carrie broke up when she found out Sami was lying about will's paternity. Ha. I bet that's an inconvenient truth that Sami won't be remembering today.
Sonny: Yeah.
Victor: It was ironic to watch Sami's reaction... history repeating itself.
Sonny: One grande double-shot Sumatra.
Victor: You know, I speak four languages, and in none of them does "grande" mean "medium."
Sonny: You're drinking for free. Don't complain.
Victor: You know, maybe it's just as well you found out about Will now. Before...
Sonny: Before what? Before I fell in love with him? Before we moved in together? Before I started picturing the rest of my life with him? Before that?
Victor: Preferably, yes.
Sonny: Well, it's too late.
Victor: [Softly] Damn.
Quote:
Maggie: Hi. Go ahead--get a drink, victor. You look like you need one tonight.
Victor: Eh, no, thanks. Still working off a caffeine high.
Maggie: Hmm. Sonny?
Victor: Did you know... that Will had moved in with him?
Maggie: Mm. Oh, boy.
Victor: Mm-hmm. How's Nick?
Maggie: Apparently he's hell-bent on marrying Gabi and raising the baby.
Victor: That could work. What?
Maggie: Maybe I should have done more for Nick.
Victor: Besides putting a roof over his head and fighting off any criticism from any quarter?
Maggie: Yeah, besides that. Someone mentioned, um... that Nick could have used a little more guidance in the last few months.
Victor: I smell a distant in-law in cheap cruise wear.
Maggie: Don't say that. Julie's not cheap.
Victor: She's not right either. They may look like babies to us, but nick's a grown man capable of making his own decisions in life.
Maggie: Well, he's-- he's trying to be. He really loves Gabi. Victor: Well, then let's hope it all works out.
I was yelling at the tv when Sami was berating Gabi and Rafe walked into the bride's room. I wanted Rafe to run over and hug his sister. She needed to be protected from Sami's harsh words after such drama. Sure she lied to Rafe but as a big brother, he should protect/comfort his sister at such a painful time. I wanted so badly for Gabi to "give it right back to Sami" but in her emotional state, she wasn't thinking clearly.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:05 PM

Good post, eggalegga. If Rafe even twitches about carrying on with Sami (which I doubt he will), I will be done with him. Victor's line about history repeating itself was good. Sami wouldn't acknowledge it if jumped up and bit her in the because, in her own eyes, she never does anythingh wrong. And the way she was yelling at Gabi! Horrid!!!!!

I wasn't yelling at the tv (this time) but I can see why you were!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV