Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 12:20 PM

609 posts, read 1,260,212 times

Advertisements

i kinda enjoyed the lottery episodes, im probably alone in that lol. and i LOVED the finale, it gets me every time, i always cry when i see it lol. i actually thought the finale was kinda perfect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 06:26 PM

84 posts, read 189,534 times
I cry at the finale as well. It starts right when Roseanne mentions Dan has died.

I was not a fan of the lottery episodes but as long as I have the finale to remind me that it never occurred, then that puts it all in perspective. Not to mention it also reminds me that Dan never had the hots for another woman. That was so not Dan Conner.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:24 AM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
it was even funnier when roseanne went to see her and she was like "oh man she's cute" lol

mmg, THAT WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUNNY !!!!!

Old 05-14-2010, 10:00 PM

1,128 posts, read 1,645,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
The one where they find the old pot and get high is great too.
That one is my favorite!
"The *** Is Up!" lol me and my friend always laugh at that line

Old 09-10-2014, 10:29 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Élan vital
one of the Best sitcoms ever, yet will never receive that acknowledgement from the industry because Roseanne herself is so controversial.
Yes that why its so good... I BELIEVE SHE IS BEING HERSELF IN THIS SHOW!!!!!!

Very good for sure!!

Old 09-11-2014, 06:30 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
This show was brilliant and really showed the struggles of a working class family, which wasn't seen too often on TV unless the main characters were black, and people expected black people to be poor. These people were poor and WHITE.

I still adore the show and watch re-runs when they're on...except the last season. WTF was THAT.

Old 09-11-2014, 11:21 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
This show was brilliant and really showed the struggles of a working class family, which wasn't seen too often on TV unless the main characters were black, and people expected black people to be poor. These people were poor and WHITE.

I still adore the show and watch re-runs when they're on...except the last season. WTF was THAT.
Me too, the show was filled with all kinds of drama which was something you never saw on the cosby show and that's why Roseanne is the better show.

Old 09-12-2014, 01:43 AM

31,910 posts, read 26,979,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
I just happened to be channel surfing and came across the episode where Dan sells the bike shop and Becky freaks out that Mark no longer has a job and has to move to a new town... and the show ends with Becky running off to get married.

Couldn't believe that a show that's more than 20 years old seemed so fresh and relevant, maybe even more so than when it was made considering what's happening to small midwestern towns in today's economy. Yes, I wanted to strangle Becky for being so self-centered--but I thought it was very believable, and even a bit sympathetic to her plight. Dan selling the bike shop almost broke my heart--and I've seen this show at least a dozen times by now. It still hasn't grown old.

I always liked the first several seasons of this show. The writing seemed to capture the real ways people interact, and the casting was incredible. All of the characters seemed like real people (not actors and actresses). The big exception being the new Becky, she came across as an actress.

Like everyone else, I hated most of the episodes after the lottery. Actually, IMO the series went south after Roseanne got divorced in real life and started making the show about her personal anger/power struggle with men and her personal politics, instead of being about a typical midwestern blue collar family struggling with real life issues.

I liked the story arc of David and Darlene. It's interesting to see Johnny Galecki (David) in a well-written role vs. the role he has now as a science nerd. His current show is funny but not nearly as well written as Roseanne and you can really tell when you compare the two.
It is so funny that so many former cast members or Rosanne are on The Big Bang Theory. I mean they already have "Darlene", "David" and "Jackie". Now they need to bring in "Becky" and perhaps of course Roseanne herself to make it complete.

Old 09-12-2014, 03:16 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,277,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
It is so funny that so many former cast members or Rosanne are on The Big Bang Theory. I mean they already have "Darlene", "David" and "Jackie". Now they need to bring in "Becky" and perhaps of course Roseanne herself to make it complete.

So true! I love that "David and Darlene" have (had) the same relationship dynamics on Big Bang.

Old 09-12-2014, 01:24 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,979,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
So true! I love that "David and Darlene" have (had) the same relationship dynamics on Big Bang.

So true, David was *whipped* by Darlene and Leslie Winkle does the same to Leonard Hofstadter.

Thing is Johnny Galecki then nor now isn't the worst a girl could do, I mean true he isn't a supermodel or super hero and is in no danger of taking women's breathe away upon sight; but still he always plays these needy begging for sex nerdy type guys.

OTOH Laurie Metcalf as Mary Cooper (Sheldon's mom) is just so different than Jackie. She has that whole Texas church lady/mom thing down to the ground IMHO! Some of the things she says are so racist but they aren't meant to hurt, it is just her "innocent" way of expressing things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV