Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2024, 08:38 AM

643 posts, read 412,745 times

Advertisements

Instead of calling it "Survivor", it should be called "The Crying Game". I swear I can't understand why these people can't handle being away from home for a few weeks. Even the players who do get letters dissolve into mush. I'm older than them, maybe that's why I just can't relate. Is this what the younger generation is all about; "if I can't get my way, I'm going to cry about it". God help them if they really have to face obstacles or hardship in their lives, they wouldn't be able to cope.

The show has been cut to 29 days for Pete's sake, other Survivor franchises are 49 days. I've watched from the very first episode and I don't remember Richard Hatch, Rudy, Rob, Amber or any other players being this soft.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2024, 09:45 AM

11,224 posts, read 7,277,347 times
^ The show does seem to be picking up on generational changes, and people's changing attitudes and abilities to cope with challenges. If we went the other way - going back further in decades - we'd see even more resilience with the older groups. So a clear trend over time. Obviously people back in the Great Depression had very basic focuses: keeping fed, working, and helping their families. Now we've got the Internet, addictions to cell phones, endless rambling about politics and social matters, etc. We've filled our time and attention on rather irrelevant and trivial matters. The show seems to reveal increasingly difficult handling of more basic priorities.

Old 05-22-2024, 08:35 PM

694 posts, read 1,044,467 times
I’m not excited at all about this final five. However, anybody but Liz.

Last edited by sailorgirl2007; 05-22-2024 at 09:13 PM.. Reason: More to add

Old 05-22-2024, 08:46 PM

18,104 posts, read 27,575,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorgirl2007 View Post
I’m not excited at all about this final five.
The final four all suck.

Old 05-22-2024, 08:47 PM

131,234 posts, read 12,278,920 times
True, I kinda liked Q, as he kept things interesting. We will see how it goes from here. Maria should be next to go, if she loses immunity.

Old 05-22-2024, 08:56 PM

1,907 posts, read 2,276,199 times
Glad the girl from Charlotte did so well, but I was pulling for Charlie.

Last edited by NCDave; 05-22-2024 at 09:48 PM..

Old 05-23-2024, 12:15 AM

44,700 posts, read 61,874,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCDave View Post
Glad the girl from Charlotte did so well, but I was pulling for Charlie.
Same here. See ya in the fall.

Old 05-23-2024, 06:52 AM

7,403 posts, read 5,517,023 times
I’m disappointed Charlie didn’t win. Kenzie got married and is having a baby so I’m sure the money came in handy.
I watched the previews for the next season. One guy said he went camping when he was eight, threw up, went home, never went again. Questions why he was there playing Survivor. Tells me all I need to know to probably stop watching this new era of soft Survivor.

Old 05-23-2024, 07:55 AM

767 posts, read 329,937 times
I don't have any problem with Kenzie winning but Maria really did Charlie wrong and showed to the world what a terrible person she really is. How things have changed, I was really rooting for her 3 or 4 episodes ago before her true colors came out. She is being trashed in reddit, rightfully so. They really need to change the on-site final tribal and jury and go back to the live broadcast, Charlie looked so uncomfortable trying to process that his "number 1" betrayed him, it was almost abusive to put him on the spot like that.

And Liz...and I thought Venus was delusional. What a nutcase.

Old 05-23-2024, 08:48 AM

643 posts, read 412,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wadd View Post
I don't have any problem with Kenzie winning but Maria really did Charlie wrong and showed to the world what a terrible person she really is. How things have changed, I was really rooting for her 3 or 4 episodes ago before her true colors came out. She is being trashed in reddit, rightfully so. They really need to change the on-site final tribal and jury and go back to the live broadcast, Charlie looked so uncomfortable trying to process that his "number 1" betrayed him, it was almost abusive to put him on the spot like that.

And Liz...and I thought Venus was delusional. What a nutcase.
Marie really did the dirt on Charlie and I felt a bit sorry for him, he looked stunned when she 'fessed up to voting for Kenzie. He still ends up with $100,000 though, so not too shabby. As for Liz. OMG, talk about being delusional. She figured she played the best game and would have beaten the finalists Even the jury were incredulous. All she did was cry and whine through the entire series.

Glad Kenzie won in the end. Does anyone know who Sia picked for favourite player?

I don't know if I'll watch next season. I think they have another Liz on the show.....the guy who couldn't stomach 1 night of camping. Where do they find these people!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV