Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 06:49 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,508,029 times

Advertisements

The judging line up has been announced for the next season of The Voice. Adam Levine and Blake Shelton are back. Pharrell is not returning and there will be two females this time: Miley Cyrus and Alicia Keys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2016, 07:34 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,598,917 times
Oh yikes what a combo. I prefer 3 instead of 4 coaches. Have we had 4 on the voice before? I remember that happening on idol and it was just too much. I hope they don't drag things out even more. Miley could be a good fit! Was thinking that already when I heard she'd be a mentor this season.

Old 03-26-2016, 09:36 AM

4,347 posts, read 4,724,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
Oh yikes what a combo. I prefer 3 instead of 4 coaches. Have we had 4 on the voice before? I remember that happening on idol and it was just too much. I hope they don't drag things out even more. Miley could be a good fit! Was thinking that already when I heard she'd be a mentor this season.
Huh?

There have always been 4 coaches on the voice.

Old 03-26-2016, 10:57 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,598,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
Huh?

There have always been 4 coaches on the voice.
Oh good grief you're right the barbs between Adam and Blake dominate so I think I merged pharrell and xtina. I like Alicia keys but wonder how she'll mesh - she has potential to be a good coach. I used to like Gwen but thought she was a mostly crappy coach.

Old 03-26-2016, 12:01 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post
The judging line up has been announced for the next season of The Voice. Adam Levine and Blake Shelton are back. Pharrell is not returning and there will be two females this time: Miley Cyrus and Alicia Keys.
What a shame. I won't be watching.

Old 03-26-2016, 01:36 PM

3,829 posts, read 6,735,425 times
I was already considering giving it up for season 10 since I don't have time to watch it. Miley Cyrus's involvement will seal the deal.

Old 03-27-2016, 01:32 PM

5,167 posts, read 3,659,287 times
This is tough for me...I dont want to see Miley, but I sure do want to see Keys. However, the way they have been promoting that Cyrus was going to be a special advisor the past few weeks, maybe I shouldnt be surprised that she will be a judge. I can see how this could put me off the show forever..but...Keys may balance it for me...

Old 03-28-2016, 08:00 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,361,820 times
Miley is odd, no question about that. That being said, just from the clips alone that we've seen from her helping this upcoming week she gives solid advice. She's a vocalist, she does know how to sing VERY well. She knows how to articulate criticisms and I honestly think she could win in her first try as a coach.

I'm not a huge fan of hers but I think it's silly to write off the entire show because you don't care for her. It's also dismissing her talent and ability to coach.

Old 03-28-2016, 08:44 AM

37,626 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
Miley is odd, no question about that. That being said, just from the clips alone that we've seen from her helping this upcoming week she gives solid advice. She's a vocalist, she does know how to sing VERY well. She knows how to articulate criticisms and I honestly think she could win in her first try as a coach.

I'm not a huge fan of hers but I think it's silly to write off the entire show because you don't care for her. It's also dismissing her talent and ability to coach.
It's not silly. She disgusts me. Any talent that she may or may not have is completely irrelevant for me, as I find her to be unwatchable. It will ruin the show for me, so I won't be a viewer this season.

Old 03-28-2016, 09:35 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,361,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
It's not silly. She disgusts me. Any talent that she may or may not have is completely irrelevant for me, as I find her to be unwatchable. It will ruin the show for me, so I won't be a viewer this season.
But you'll watch with Christina on... interesting. When she was Miley's age she made some fairly interesting choices herself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV