Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 11:03 PM

468 posts, read 1,637,613 times

Advertisements

So far, we have...

- Someone who signed up for the show, then 10 minutes into it, gets to the point of crying because she doesn't want to wear a suit which simulates her body when she's pregnant.

- Some dumb idiot who thinks she's hot s*it, can't take crap from others, who just gives up because she's useless. She's almost like the white trash I see from the Maury show.

- Some kid who wants the show only to prove a point that having a baby isn't right for the girlfriend. Don't even care about the kid at all. Only in America.

This was after 1 episode. I'm not sure I'll be watching anymore. I can't stand those two so far, especially the one that should be on Maury. It almost reminds me of the South Park parody of Maury, when Cartman's like, I DO WHAT I WANT!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 12:26 AM

3,089 posts, read 8,511,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly Nomad View Post
C-D member Nitokenshi started another thread on this show after this one was started. I thought it might be a good idea to consolidate the thoughts. Here is what Nito said on the other thread:

Ok, now all comments are consolidated up to this point .
Yea like I said the way they marketed it the show I thought it was going to be a group of "Teens" like in middle or h.s. I didn't think it would be a group of college students. There is a difference.

Old 06-26-2008, 01:05 AM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,788,584 times
Thumbs down BORING with a Capital "B" :-0

I was going to tell all my family and friends to watch it since it was shot in my 'hood ! But after tonight's episode, I think NOT .

Did anyone else think the narrator's voice was annoying ???

Old 06-26-2008, 07:13 AM

1,747 posts, read 3,012,909 times
I'm a little relieved to know there were professional nannies on-site. I'm a little relieved to know the parents were right next door and that they had the right to step in when they felt it was necessary. Still, I wonder about parents who would volunteer their babies for this project.

How much did the parents know about the teens? Did they personally interview them? Did they watch them interact with their babies? Were they literally handing their babies over to total strangers? Even if the teens had been checked out by the show's producers, until they met MY scrutiny (and I'd be wayyyyy tougher than any producer because it was MY child on the line) there wouldn't have been any show. I never left my child with any unknown sitter (we always used long-time friends for sitting) until he was old enough to tell me how he felt things went.

Honestly, you'd have NEVER gotten my child for this project, even if it was for just 3 days and I was next door. Some of these teens had never held a baby before . Mine would most definitely NOT be their first .

Another quick point: these teens were put up in some mighty fancy digs. Nice, well-appointed condo, at least 2 bedrooms complete with gorgeous furniture, fancy, well-stocked kitchens. Apparently unlimited budget for food and brand new baby furniture. If they truly were teen parents just striking out on their own, I doubt they'd have all these creature comforts. Aside from adjusting to the babies, this experiment may give them a very skewed impression of just how difficult it is to be on one's own and then to have to throw a baby into the mix.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:28 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,686,338 times
Even with a nanny on-site, I wouldn't feel comfortable. What if one of the teens got really frustrated and started shaking the baby? Could the nanny guarantee no damage would be done before she stepped in?

I wonder what they had to sign before agreeing to do the show. I would imagine there had to be some clause that they wouldn't sue NBC if anyone was injured. At least that's my guess because that seems to be a clause in most reality TV contracts.

Old 06-26-2008, 11:40 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,387,283 times
I refuse to watch this show. It's abuse.

Old 06-26-2008, 08:28 PM

560 posts, read 2,188,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jothegrill View Post
Is no one concerned about attachment issues here? The parents know that their child is safe, but the CHILD DOES NOT! I did an internship at a crisis nursery during college. If a parent left a child there for even 24 hours the child would be taken into protective custody and the state would have to be involved. Even though the crisis nursery is a safe place with professional supervision. NBC is exploiting not only babies but parents who are ignorant of their child's need for consistent attachment. Attachment disorders can develop in less than 24 hours. This show is wrong. I don't care about what the teenager might learn (which they probably should have learned earlier anyway.)

Are you for real? What about leaving your child with a nanny or sitter for a weekend? Sorry, but we all need a break sometime!!

Old 06-26-2008, 08:44 PM

1,747 posts, read 3,012,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kingsinvegas View Post
What about leaving your child with a nanny or sitter for a weekend? Sorry, but we all need a break sometime!!
Not *everyone* leaves their kids with nannies or sitters for a weekend. I know I never did. Just wouldn't have felt right. Heck, I never even left him with a grannie or relative for a weekend. I took my *breaks* when he was asleep .

Old 06-27-2008, 12:04 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,686,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly Nomad View Post
Not *everyone* leaves their kids with nannies or sitters for a weekend. I know I never did. Just wouldn't have felt right. Heck, I never even left him with a grannie or relative for a weekend. I took my *breaks* when he was asleep .
Same here. Six kids and have never left them with the exception of when in the hospital having a baby. Even then, DH came home after the birth and stayed with them. Only family has ever babysat. I don't trust strangers with them.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:28 PM

468 posts, read 1,637,613 times
Alicia = Dumb bi*ch!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV