Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2013, 09:49 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
Jack actually delivered her in an elevator during a storm! Summer could have died but made it, that's why Phyllis often called her "supergirl".
Ok.....so, if Nick knows (or suspects) that Summer is really Jack's daughter, why doesn't Phyllis?

At least it appears that way to me because it seems to me that Phyllis isn't nearly as concerned about the possibility of Kyle and Summer hooking up as Nick is.

Of course, maybe Nick had DNA testing done in secret and the results are what are in that box that he was looking at. Would that be his "past catching up to" him that he alluded to? That he kept the secret?

Interesting turn of events.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2013, 10:05 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,659,169 times
I watched the first episode of the Y & R in 1970 something? Remember sitting in front of TV at a friend's house. It was on at noon. I don't watch soaps, but it was fun back then. And, there was a lot of hype about the show, as I recall, before it came out.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstate Nancy View Post
I watched the first episode of the Y & R in 1970 something? Remember sitting in front of TV at a friend's house. It was on at noon. I don't watch soaps, but it was fun back then. And, there was a lot of hype about the show, as I recall, before it came out.
Haha....

I've watched it from the very beginning, although there have been times when life has caused me to not be able to watch it at times - like when I moved up here 7 1/2 years ago and didn't have t.v.; I just discovered that I could watch it on-line two or three years ago.

I remember the whole Jill/Kay/Phillip triangle and how terribly sad it was when Phillip died, leaving behind a grieving and pregnant Jill.

I remember when the show first came on, I was a young cul-de-sac-living mother with a newborn. I remember my next door neighbor who was really, really into the soaps and how convinced she was that Jill would put the baby up for adoption because for some reason she thought, because of the name of the show, The Young and the Restless, that there would never be a story line involving the characters raising families (I can't remember exactly what her reasoning was lol).

Old 05-17-2013, 10:21 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,322,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Ok.....so, if Nick knows (or suspects) that Summer is really Jack's daughter, why doesn't Phyllis?
At least it appears that way to me because it seems to me that Phyllis isn't nearly as concerned about the possibility of Kyle and Summer hooking up as Nick is.
I guess Phyllis probably just trusted Nick entirely when he told her what the test results were (after all, why would he lie about something like that...). So she has no obvious reason to be worried about her daughter potentially dating Kyle.
Of course, what I think may not be what the writers have in mind and there may be things we don't know about Nick's past.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
I guess Phyllis probably just trusted Nick entirely when he told her what the test results were (after all, why would he lie about something like that...). So she has no obvious reason to be worried about her daughter potentially dating Kyle.
Of course, what I think may not be what the writers have in mind and there may be things we don't know about Nick's past.
So was there some question back then about Summer's paternity?

Again, I wasn't watching at that time and I don't remember anyone ever talking about it.

Old 05-17-2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
So was there some question back then about Summer's paternity?
Again, I wasn't watching at that time and I don't remember anyone ever talking about it.
From what I recall, yes. But I didn't see all the episodes at the time so I may have missed something too.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:13 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,791,000 times
Everybody sleeps with everybody else, they get married dozens of times.... LOL

I haven't watched today, I DVR'd it....

"they" get married to someone they hooked up with a couple times (no "dates", just sex) but then they are "in love" and get married"....

I still watch it though.......... tell me why? LOL

Old 05-17-2013, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Everybody sleeps with everybody else, they get married dozens of times.... LOL

LOL
I know. You'd think there were only about a half dozen eligible partners of either sex in Genoa City the way they just recycle each other. Not only do they get married multiple times, they are often RE-marrying people they had already divorced.

I have two ex-husbands and I can't even imagine..........(well, except in the cold dead of winter and I start thinking about my first ex who now lives in Hawaii .......).
Quote:
I still watch it though.......... tell me why?
Sure.......after I figure out why I watch it first.

Old 05-18-2013, 04:15 AM

Yes, when you look closely you realize they have more partners in a short time than any "real" human being would actually have.
It's not so much the bed hopping that is crazy in soaps, it's the feeling hopping. One day they are madly in love but for some reason the relationship ends, and they don't even take time to heal, they fall right back madly in love with someone else. I personnally need time to heal from a broken heart, but for them it's instantly fixed! (Take Jack, for instance. Just a couple of years ago he was crazy about Emily, but with the whole Patty thing she left, and he quickly fell madly in love with Genevieve, who dumped him but that's OK, he fell right back in love with Nikki, who left him, but hey, he's now madly in love with Phyllis...)

Old 05-18-2013, 12:13 PM

I wish just once a soap would have one married couple who never had any scandals, no affairs, and who were solid.

I guess I was kind of wishing that for Chelsea and Adam - silly me.

It seems like in the "olden" days, soaps did have that - Ruth and Joe on All My Children, for instance (I know Ruth was raped many years ago, but I don't think either one of them ever had an affair - at least not that I recall).

Sometimes couples who hook up as seniors (such as Katherine and Murphy) last, but when was the last time that a young married couple stayed committed to each other? Dante' and Lulu on GH comes to mind, but who knows what will happen with them six months from now (especially since Lulu is currently suffering from amnesia )?

Or, in the absence of a happily forever after married couple, how about a single person (male or female) who is comfortable in their "singleness" and who, while dating, etc., doesn't appear to be on the prowl for the next wife or husband? Someone who is strong and happy and content on their own (there are actually people like that out there)?

Maybe that would be too boring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV