Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2019, 03:06 PM

43,695 posts, read 44,435,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth224 View Post
LOL. I don't want to give anything away, but can any of these women hop to open a door??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I thought the same
Me too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2019, 04:38 PM

15,145 posts, read 27,805,301 times
Now it won't be televised for the next 2 days (no clue why "they" think basketball is so important - that is one of the sports I could not care less about)

Old 03-20-2019, 04:57 PM

268 posts, read 1,200,328 times
So it looks like the "conspiracy of dunces" storyline is finally going to end...with a bang, and way way later then it should have. But of course, because of the singular lack of imagination the writers have displayed on this show for some time now, I smell a recycle is heading this way. Cabin will blow up with JT inside, but as with Adam, his body will not be found leaving us with another "is he really or isn't he?" situation and the possibility of a resurrection a year or two down the road when they inevitably exhaust one of their other loooooooong drawn out storylines to nowhere.

Couldn't help but laugh at the "security" at the cabin. Nick says he's assembled a team to cover everything and capture JT. So with his resources you would think maybe highly trained mercenaries backed up by ninja assassins or some such thing. But oh no, the "team" consists of two guys who look like they should be riding Segways through the parking lot at your local Target. Sure, hire the Keystone Cops to protect your mom, sister, and ex wife/baby momma from a security "expert", totally makes sense right?

Another small thing but still kind of an eye roller was big bad District Attorney Cricket Williams giving Ray the third degree like he's her flunky. Now I'm not very smart when it comes to these things but I've always thought the police work with, not for the District Attorney's office. So why she is hanging around telling a detective what to do? I'm sure she must have a nice office elsewhere she should be working in. Maybe because it's Genoa City and she's married to Chief "Runs With Scissors" Paul Williams that she can get away with it. I don't know, just annoying.

And yes, I know everyone, it's just a soap opera which means anything goes. But all too often now this show goes from stretching believability to making me feel like I lose IQ points every time I watch it.

Old 03-20-2019, 05:36 PM

8,074 posts, read 4,751,083 times
A lot of the disjointed storytelling can be blamed on the transition from Mal Young's tenure to that of a new Exec Producer and Head Writer. Even if the HW's new material isn't airing, you can bet that he and the EP have been retooling the episodes that had been taped but not yet aired. The editors can re-arrange or delete various stuff that doesn't fit the future plans, and in some cases they will have actors tape some scenes to drop in that will help fill in the gaps, or help shut down plotlines that the new writers don't want to continue.

Old 03-20-2019, 06:02 PM

19,542 posts, read 9,552,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Now it won't be televised for the next 2 days (no clue why "they" think basketball is so important - that is one of the sports I could not care less about)
Same here, always ch 9 (WUSA?) here. Wish they would choose a different channel each year, or better yet, if guys are so much big fans of sports, don't they subscribe to the sports channels?

Old 03-20-2019, 06:18 PM

19,542 posts, read 9,552,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth224 View Post
LOL. I don't want to give anything away, but can any of these women hop to open a door?? When do the new writers start?
Their mouths aren't taped up either. I've heard Sharon scream before. I think it was Sharon. Good set of lungs.
If JT wasn't doubling over from pain before that... That would surely put him over the edge.
Well, don't blame them, he might shoot them just to shut them up.
Actually, I'm thinking JT might have a tumor. Could explain the behavior changes (so I've read/heard)?

Old 03-20-2019, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
Same here, always ch 9 (WUSA?) here. Wish they would choose a different channel each year, or better yet, if guys are so much big fans of sports, don't they subscribe to the sports channels?
Agree! Couldn't rep you again.

Old 03-20-2019, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
Their mouths aren't taped up either. I've heard Sharon scream before. I think it was Sharon. Good set of lungs.
If JT wasn't doubling over from pain before that... That would surely put him over the edge.
Well, don't blame them, he might shoot them just to shut them up.
Actually, I'm thinking JT might have a tumor. Could explain the behavior changes (so I've read/heard)?
I was guessing (I think I did WAY back when the storyline started) - I do think it's a tumor.

Old 03-20-2019, 11:29 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,165,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
I am wondering if Summer too could end pregnant besides any other complications from the liver donation surgery. This could keep Kyle with Summer (rather than him thinking of returning to Lola at some point). Also if Summer has complications, Kyle might be forced to notify her parents (and other relatives) of situation (despite her wish for anonymity).
I am thinking there is a strong possibility that Summer is already pregnant plus with maybe some complications from the surgery. I am thinking Kyle is in it for the long haul. He's got principles and values, he will not abandon Summer. I think if Nick had a problem with Kyle, his opinion of him will hit rock bottom and not to mention Grandpa Victor when he hears how his precious granddaughter gave up a part of her liver to save her new husband's girlfriend - everyone will know the marriage was a sham.

Old 03-20-2019, 11:32 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,165,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodbyeCalifornia View Post
So it looks like the "conspiracy of dunces" storyline is finally going to end...with a bang, and way way later then it should have. But of course, because of the singular lack of imagination the writers have displayed on this show for some time now, I smell a recycle is heading this way. Cabin will blow up with JT inside, but as with Adam, his body will not be found leaving us with another "is he really or isn't he?" situation and the possibility of a resurrection a year or two down the road when they inevitably exhaust one of their other loooooooong drawn out storylines to nowhere.

Couldn't help but laugh at the "security" at the cabin. Nick says he's assembled a team to cover everything and capture JT. So with his resources you would think maybe highly trained mercenaries backed up by ninja assassins or some such thing. But oh no, the "team" consists of two guys who look like they should be riding Segways through the parking lot at your local Target. Sure, hire the Keystone Cops to protect your mom, sister, and ex wife/baby momma from a security "expert", totally makes sense right?

Another small thing but still kind of an eye roller was big bad District Attorney Cricket Williams giving Ray the third degree like he's her flunky. Now I'm not very smart when it comes to these things but I've always thought the police work with, not for the District Attorney's office. So why she is hanging around telling a detective what to do? I'm sure she must have a nice office elsewhere she should be working in. Maybe because it's Genoa City and she's married to Chief "Runs With Scissors" Paul Williams that she can get away with it. I don't know, just annoying.

And yes, I know everyone, it's just a soap opera which means anything goes. But all too often now this show goes from stretching believability to making me feel like I lose IQ points every time I watch it.
I was thinking that, too - with all of Nick's resources and money, he had a very poor security operation at the cabin. JT was able to just waltz right in.

I hope they won't blow up the cabin though, but with the gas leaking into the place, that seems very likely, ugh, then JT supposedly "dies" again???

I like the "conspiracy of dunces" phrase for the storyline!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV