Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2014, 04:34 PM

8,071 posts, read 4,747,652 times

Advertisements

As much as I love both Nathan and Dr. O, I'd be happy if they just set that whole mystery aside for now and focus on more pressing matters. I really like the dynamic between Britt and Nathan. She seems almost human around him, and he needs someone to be in his corner when it comes to Maxie (what with Dante being too close to the situation).

I'm going to assume that there were no actual patients in that entire clinic at the time it blew up? Anna was so quick to say that "they got everybody out", then names the kidnapped foursome and Dr. O as the ones who got out. We knew the Harrells were dead, and they glossed over Victor and Stavros being assumed dead (yeah, right). The agents assisting Anna must have swept the place for various employees (we saw two), but nothing was said about patients being evacuated. They wouldn't be in much shape to leave on their own! And we can assume it did operate at one time, since Nina was there for years, and Patrick was pretending to be interviewing for a job there a few months ago. Oh, well--it's a pile of bricks now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2014, 05:36 PM

8,631 posts, read 10,152,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
Scorpio? Sean? Jimmy Lee? Casey the Alien? (please let it be him! )
LOL...what about Grant Putnam? Also, Britt looks more like she would be Celia's daughter than Dr. O's.

Old 09-30-2014, 01:04 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Another crime scene being cleaned up by the local crime boss? Two characters (one, a main character) gunning for the same baby in the womb?

Yup. The writers are trying to sink this soap.

Old 09-30-2014, 01:14 PM

Too bad the hitman had to get bumped off--he was kind of cute (for a hitman). Love how they folded Rosalie into the story--this actress continues to impress me.

I love how well Ava tells half the truth--reminds me of her dear mother during her Ryan's Hope days, actually.

That necklace/bug of Carly's has to be one of the ugliest things I've seen. And yet it suits her. Too bad Franco can't push a button to control her volume.

Old 09-30-2014, 01:41 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,390,617 times
Ava was brilliant in her scene. I've never liked her more. I'm ready for some more movement in all the stories.

I thought Rosalie was good in her scene with Michael.

Old 09-30-2014, 03:43 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Yup. The writers are trying to sink this soap.
It's starting to remind me very strongly of the last year or two of All My Children.

Old 09-30-2014, 04:37 PM

8,631 posts, read 10,152,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
It's starting to remind me very strongly of the last year or two of All My Children.
GH may not be realistic, but at least it's not as boring as AMC was during it's last couple of years.

Old 10-01-2014, 12:13 PM

Yes, I unfortunately gave up on soaps being realistic long ago, but being entertaining is one aspect I still expect from any soap. GH accomplishes this through a combination (IMO) of humor/wit, clever plot twists, and good performances from charismatic actors. It's actually a lot easier to tolerate some of the excesses of GH's storytelling when you aren't holding them to a standard of realism. You just roll your eyes and let the camp flow over you...

One of the things I disliked about AMC near its end was the feeling that nothing really "happened" in some episodes--it was just a lot of people sitting around talking about things that had happened, things that should happen, and things set to happen at some point. GH seems to be trying to do the opposite, having 1001 tiny little scenes where things happen, cutting out the exposition scenes entirely (or trimming them to bare minimum), trying to push plot plot plot.

Old 10-01-2014, 02:08 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,390,617 times
I watch because I never know what could happen. I like how quickly things change. Just about a year ago, Britt was all about Patrick. Now we have already moved on to a new obsession. Robin has been back, left and is now gone again.

Really slow in some aspects, but really quick in others.

Here are my wish lists:

Silas moves on and becomes interesting. He and Sam were boring.

Nina gets out of the chair and something happens with her character other than stupid plots of revenge on people who had nothing to do with her accidental coma.

Carly and Franco blow up fantastically.

Sabrina goes a little nuts and seduces Patrick. Pat has a way of making women lose their minds. Pat and Sam are doomed anyways.

Liz is the first to find out about Jason. She always figures things out. Smart girl!

Jason gets to hold his son and figure out all his stuff. He confronts Carly over Franco. He confronts Sonny over his brothers death. He has a great scene with Monica. Maybe he takes over at ELQ?

Old 10-01-2014, 03:12 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
I thought the last scene today of the Sam's little boy running in and holding Jason's hand was sort of a magical twist. It would also be a twist if Jason were to connect with someone like Sabrina as he recovers (and his ID remains unknown), since she doesn't know him from before, right? I don't know for sure because I wasn't watching when he died and when she came on.

Also, why is Nina suddenly being protective of Carly, basically telling Franco to back off? She's all about revenge. So far, this is the only redeeming thing she's done.

Oh, and as for Sonny and Carly, I see absolutely NO chemistry between those two. Carly has chemistry with practically all men on there, but when she's with Sonny, it's almost like it's a chore. I don't like any part of this at all and don't understand what Sonny's agenda is.

I also am liking Rosalie more and more. It seemed at first like she was just Nina's mousy nurse/co-conspirator, but she's becoming a real part of the canvas as she interacts with more of the other characters on there. When the assassin made the comment about Rosalie being a pretty name for a pretty girl, and she thanked him in a scared and flustered way, I thought about if that had been Maxie or Lulu. They'd have been screaming at him that he was a repugnant slimeball (well, maybe not a big word like repugnant), and that he would be dead meat when they got done with him.

Oh, as for All My Children, did Ryan Lavery ever get his memory back. I quit watching a while before it was cancelled. Kind of always wondered about that, though. Aren't Ryan and Duke related somehow? Wonder if Cameron Matheson might ever show up on GH?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV