Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2015, 03:00 PM

8,071 posts, read 4,747,652 times

Advertisements

It occurs to me that we may have just seen the "turning point" in Sonny's storyline because of Maurice Benard's contract negotiations in December. Perhaps if Benard had NOT signed a new contract, Sonny would have got blowed up real good (that is, he would have "died a hero" saving the people on the HS). But since he did sign a new deal, Sonny gets to live, AND they get him out of prison.

If this were real life, Monica and Michael would be the toast of the NY Daily News, as they granted interview after interview about AJ, and how his death at the hands of an infamous mobster was swept under the rug by the Governor's pardon. The different angles of the story would be in three-inch font headlines every day for months, detailing every "anonymous source" speculating the Governor is in bed with the mob, the governor is corrupt, the governor ought to resign, etc. But of course this isn't "real" New York; we likely won't even hear a reaction from anyone about Sonny beyond "Oh, you're back?" Oh, and Duke pouting because he's out of a job again.

They do deserve some kind of credit for managing to come up with four distinct paths out of jail for our Pentonville jailbirds. Sonny got a pardon (*ptui...*); Julian will be exonerated/released since he made a false confession; Franco will be committed; and of course Ava is presumed dead but likely wandering loose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2015, 03:45 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
and of course Ava is presumed dead but likely wandering loose.
But, how are they going to redeem Ava, without rewriting the killing Connie scenes and having AJ be the killer? Her being a new mom just isn't going to be enough. Testifying on behalf of Madeline isn't either.

Old 02-08-2015, 04:53 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,392,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
But, how are they going to redeem Ava, without rewriting the killing Connie scenes and having AJ be the killer? Her being a new mom just isn't going to be enough. Testifying on behalf of Madeline isn't either.
Well, she shot her point blank so I don't think it could be two shooters. I just don't see how they will get her off. The pardon should have been the way to get Ava off, and Sonny get off because Fluke really killed AJ in the hospital.

Old 02-08-2015, 05:06 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
Well, she shot her point blank so I don't think it could be two shooters. I just don't see how they will get her off. The pardon should have been the way to get Ava off, and Sonny get off because Fluke really killed AJ in the hospital.
Right, they would have to reshoot the scenes with good ol' staggering AJ somehow being the one who pulled the trigger, but I doubt they can do that now, with his other commitments (unless maybe they shot alternative endings before?).

Old 02-08-2015, 09:27 PM

8,633 posts, read 10,152,688 times
I just had a thought about this whole Patricia Spencer thing. Considering how closely the writers try to tie all the families together, does anyone think if they don't consider creating this character with an outside actress that they'll reveal Patricia to be Delia Ryan Coleridge? Considering that she married Frank Ryan in 1970, I would imagine that her character is older than both Luke and Bobbie (even though Tony G is 5 years older than Ilene Kristen). However, Delia's father supposedly ended up in an institution and her mother died, so her brother Bob took care of her when she was young. Yet, the daytime shows always seem to find a way to rearrange the past to fit their storylines.

Old 02-08-2015, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
I just had a thought about this whole Patricia Spencer thing. Considering how closely the writers try to tie all the families together, does anyone think if they don't consider creating this character with an outside actress that they'll reveal Patricia to be Delia Ryan Coleridge? Considering that she married Frank Ryan in 1970, I would imagine that her character is older than both Luke and Bobbie (even though Tony G is 5 years older than Ilene Kristen). However, Delia's father supposedly ended up in an institution and her mother died, so her brother Bob took care of her when she was young. Yet, the daytime shows always seem to find a way to rearrange the past to fit their storylines.
Oh wait, nevermind...that would mean Carly and Ava would be cousins and we can't have Ava sleeping with her cousin's son.

Old 02-10-2015, 12:56 PM

Casting News:

Spoiler
Rebecca Budig (Greenlee, AMC) has been cast in a new, "spitfire" role on GH - First airdate set for March.

Spoiler
Also, supposedly, GH is clearing house a little in February. Emphasis on the "supposedly".

Old 02-10-2015, 03:30 PM

That's the only kind of role they seem willing to hire this actress to play on soaps. Yes, she's popular and all, but after a while it becomes tiresome to see an actor play basically the same character over and over.

I knew Franco's LSD-induced hallucinations/ranting would include a healthy number of in-jokes, so his "mistaken identities" for himself and Nina was only a matter of time. Still, well played.

Olivia's "flu-like symptoms," combined with the large coat/purse combo, pretty much screams "preggers", so Julian better get ready for surprise child #3. If he keeps this up, he'll have a bigger pack of kids than Sonny.

Old 02-10-2015, 04:48 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,392,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
That's the only kind of role they seem willing to hire this actress to play on soaps. Yes, she's popular and all, but after a while it becomes tiresome to see an actor play basically the same character over and over.

I knew Franco's LSD-induced hallucinations/ranting would include a healthy number of in-jokes, so his "mistaken identities" for himself and Nina was only a matter of time. Still, well played.

Olivia's "flu-like symptoms," combined with the large coat/purse combo, pretty much screams "preggers", so Julian better get ready for surprise child #3. If he keeps this up, he'll have a bigger pack of kids than Sonny.
Yes, only mob sperm is potent.

The Q's have been decimated, with nary a baby in sight. It should have been Ned's.

Old 02-11-2015, 05:36 PM

I'm guessing they (Olivia and Ned) will say just that, just so Olivia won't have to deal with Julian, and Ned will have an excuse to "dump" Alexis before she dumps him to reunite with Julian. But y'know, I'm fine with that, because Ned and Olivia are fun together and this will help that whole "No Q babies in sight" thing if they decide to keep it all a secret.

Dream Story: Kiki, petrified that Sonny and Carly will take Avery to raise, grabs the baby and leaves town. Sonny grumbles and grunts to get his bayyybeeee back; Kiki touches base with alive-but-hiding Ava. A month later, Kiki (looking very different, though no one notices) returns to town and gives Sonny the baby, But she seems a little too easy about returning the baby, or so Morgan thinks. While Sonny and Carly are playing house with "his daughter," we learn that Ava is off somewhere with Avery, and that the baby Kiki returned was actually a black-market baby Ava bought. Morgan finds out Ava is alive and goes to see her; he agrees to keep the secret and runs off with her and Avery to rekindle their affair. Neither Ava nor Morgan return to Port Charles, and Kiki never mentions the fact that Sonny and Carly are raising a baby that is neither Ava's nor Sonny's. (plot shamelessly stolen from Another World, with Avery/Sonny/Ava replacing Kirkland/Grant/Vicky). Sonny may have been pardoned, but he should NOT be considered worthy of having Avery, given his long-term campaign to kill the baby's mother, among other crimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV