Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2015, 10:18 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,392,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
The story "groupings" is also a way to manage the labor budget. While a group of actors films material for eight or ten episodes in a few days, the rest of the cast is off, and the groupings rotate. They can get ten episodes done in three or four days, rather than the old format of doing one episode per day. Then when they get filmed six or even eight weeks ahead, the entire studio goes dark for several weeks, which gives everybody--even the crew--time off. That saves labor money as well as electricity and such when they close the studio down for periods of time several times a year.

Jackie Zeman has reportedly been ill for a while, which explains why she basically disappeared from the scene after the whole anniversary story with Luke and his family. I'm beginning to wonder if she will miss her opportunity to have her big final scene with Tony Geary the way everyone else seems to be getting them. John J. York (Mac) was bumped to recurring status a while back and has barely appeared since, while I think Kristina Wagner (Felicia) doesn't show up much because he doesn't, if that makes sense. Also, most of the people Felicia interacts with (Lucy, Maxie) don't appear that much and none of them has a major story at the moment.

Y'all know I loves me some Monica but yeah, the fillers and various botox hasn't done her any favors. She looks "angry" (or maybe just irritated?) all the time, though I'm pretty sure that isn't how she's meaning to play it. I'd like to think she's still in mourning over AJ, though they seem determined to make us forget him. I really hoped they would do something, no matter how small, to give the idea that she recognized something of Jason in Jake, but no---seems they would rather have the flashbacks occur in and around Sam, Liz, and the kids, even though he spent more of his life in the Q mansion than with his various women and kids.

The scenes with Liz and Jake were...well, my allergies kicked in a bit. Yeah, dust allergies..that was it. Becky Herbst really made that episode for me. All the crazy little details they're glossing over still bug me, but I'll overlook them for once.
I agree, they are loosing over the details of Jakes return. However, I am loving it and I bawled my eyes out. I absolutely feel that Luke and Lucky have been redeemed.

I'm gladNic spilled the beans to Lucky. It makes sense why he is leaving now. I wondered how they would play that. I wanted his last return to be this awesome,but I was sorely disappointed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2015, 09:27 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Since I started to watch again Bobbie has not been in any episodes.
Tracy looks good as does Laura, Alexis.
I guess none of them will age with grace like Lila...

Are Felicia and Mac really there, actually on the show, or is it just references to them?

I agree that Tracy looks great. When she cut her hair short and added bangs after years of that unflattering chin-length number, it did her a world of good. As did darkening her hair just a bit. Going just the right number of shades darker adds contrast to the face that's very flattering.

Old 07-16-2015, 10:21 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,992,719 times
I stopped watching General Hospital when they ruined my JaSam and stuck him with a kid with Elizabeth. It was time for Jason to have a love to last since Courtney went bust and him and Sam were a good fit together.

I watched from the day Carly gave birth to Morgan to Jake being born. Elizabeth is one of the worst female characters on the show. If she were a different race, her extreme fertility and getting pregnant with pretty much every man she sleeps with (even if she loses the baby she tends to get pregnant) would be shamed yet she's so loved.

Old 07-17-2015, 05:45 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times
I started watching in junior high school, back in the days when the Hardy's were the front runners along with Jessie Brewer

Would rush home to watch GH and OLTL.

So I was watching through the whole Luke and Laura saga, the Cassadine saga and many more.

I do miss Robert Scorpio and a few others that have left.

Gave up on it about 15 years ago just not enough time working full time with a family and teens that needed to be schelped all over the place.

Old 07-17-2015, 12:28 PM

8,632 posts, read 10,152,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
I stopped watching General Hospital when they ruined my JaSam and stuck him with a kid with Elizabeth. It was time for Jason to have a love to last since Courtney went bust and him and Sam were a good fit together.

I watched from the day Carly gave birth to Morgan to Jake being born. Elizabeth is one of the worst female characters on the show. If she were a different race, her extreme fertility and getting pregnant with pretty much every man she sleeps with (even if she loses the baby she tends to get pregnant) would be shamed yet she's so loved.
See, I guess I'm the opposite. Liz was brought on as part of the Hardy clan and for us long-time fans, we watched her grow up. However, KM was brought on to play Sam once PC went off the air. I really liked her in the role of Livvie on PC, and initially liked her when she came to GH and was hooked up with Jax; however, once she entered Sonny's orbit, I felt as though the character was pimped left and right. Alexis being her mother seemed too forced and had the writer's done their job with history, she should have perhaps been Holly and Robert's daughter. In any case, I still like KM, but find the character of Sam extremely boring most of the time. I also found her and Jason to be a major snoozefest.

Old 07-17-2015, 03:45 PM

8,071 posts, read 4,747,652 times
Paul Hornsby might be yet another of Tracy's poor choices in husbands, and he may very well be working an angle, but I'm going to say it: Tracy, you totally upgraded in the man-in-your-life department, and I'm happy for you. Richard Burgi is still as hot as he was when I watched him on Another World back in the Stone Ages. Use him, Tracy! Use.Him.Up.

How long before we find out he, like Lord Ashton before him, is there only to aid Nikolas in his quest to steal more ELQ shares (in this case, Dillon's)?

Old 07-18-2015, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post

Elizabeth will eventually be passed around to every guy in PC by these writers.

Ugh. I can't stand her. I wish she'd move in with gram. That way, we'd never see her.

Old 07-18-2015, 04:08 PM

8,632 posts, read 10,152,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Elizabeth will eventually be passed around to every guy in PC by these writers.

Ugh. I can't stand her. I wish she'd move in with gram. That way, we'd never see her.
Please. Sam has been passed around just as much as Liz and Liz came to the show six years before Sam showed up.

Old 07-18-2015, 05:49 PM

8,071 posts, read 4,747,652 times
I'm not sure why the producers think re-activating the Liz/Sam wars of previous decades will benefit the ratings, especially the 18-34 female demo that seems to need the most work. The soldiers in that (online) war are now much fewer, and it's a very different battlefield 10-15 years later. I was not a GH fan back then, but the battlefield noise ran over into practically every soap discussion forum at times. Perhaps the current GH producers are hoping any buzz is good buzz. I just fear that having all online and mainstream press discussions of the show will devolve into "Whose side are you on?" and drive away the more indifferent folks such as myself. Reading (and writing) about the shows online adds a lot of enjoyment to watching soaps and motivates me to watch more regularly. Liking both Liz and Samantha seems not to have been an option back then, and I hope the level of discussion can be higher this time around.

I'm sure it will help that GH now has that 6- to 7-week story arc system in place where major stories (and their actors)rotate in and out of prominence, avoiding that situation from the past where some characters appeared four to five days a week for several years consecutively. Overexposure like that will ruin even the best characters.

Old 07-20-2015, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Please. Sam has been passed around just as much as Liz and Liz came to the show six years before Sam showed up.
Then they're both tramps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV