Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2009, 12:54 PM

3,010 posts, read 6,313,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
it should make everyone sad. Instead of turning off the commercials though you guys-think about donating to the Humane Society or any animal rescue mission. Please! It's worth it.
I definitely donate to them, Dreamweavin when I am able and similar orginizations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 07:02 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,744,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by affi View Post
I hate the sarah mcloughin comercial also.Especially when the played that sad song.It puts me in a bad mood.
The one with the dogs? I despise that commercial. I can't stand to watch it for so many reasons...

Old 01-05-2009, 07:22 PM

1,113 posts, read 3,497,185 times
Haven't seen it in a while, but the Boost commercial with the chick at the hair salon yelling "WHERE YOU AT?" over the phone to her boyfriend who's floating in a pool. He answers "Where YOU at??" and they go back and forth like this. Annoying.
I also hate when companies (like Boost and McDonald's) try to be hip and cool using slang terms in their ads. example: "I'M LOVIN IT!!" Lame.

Old 01-06-2009, 12:04 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,087,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersgrl1969 View Post
Haven't seen it in a while, but the Boost commercial with the chick at the hair salon yelling "WHERE YOU AT?" over the phone to her boyfriend who's floating in a pool. He answers "Where YOU at??" and they go back and forth like this. Annoying.
I also hate when companies (like Boost and McDonald's) try to be hip and cool using slang terms in their ads. example: "I'M LOVIN IT!!" Lame.
That reminds me of the Taco Bell one that was airing over the summer, where the two scrawny little white guys pull up to the drive-thru window and start ordering their food-but they do it by rapping! I really hope no one thought this was cool and tried this-I feel bad for any employee who had to put up with it!

Old 01-06-2009, 08:28 AM

9,718 posts, read 6,421,917 times
I hate all commercials, including but limited to: the lawyer commercial call ask....... GEICO commercials every 5 minutes which tells me they are ripping the customers off if they can afford that many commercials and they are sooooo stupid. Pharmaceutical commercials, OMG why would anyone take them with all the 5 minutes of side effects that could occur.
I would pay to not have to watch any commercials. Not interested. Whew, I feel better already

Old 01-06-2009, 10:57 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,339,028 times
All those male enhancement commercial. And that stupid Arby's Commercial where the man is waiting for his wife to bring him a sandwich. In fact I can't think of any commercials I really like but there are several that get on my nerve.

Old 02-13-2010, 03:47 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,744,208 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy_WqicWcHg

Old 02-13-2010, 06:26 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,233,952 times
I think its a jewlery commercial. Young man and woman in some sort of rural hi-tech looking cabin, looking out the window at a big storm. At a big thunderclap sudden the woman whirls into the man and says something stupid like "take care of me" or some crap and he says something equally stupid.
You have got to be kidding me. That someone could write this and then get approval to produce makes me very afraid

The Humane Soc ad with Sarah McLaughlin brings to mind the plight of animals which makes me sad but I could never hate on it - you guys are really unkind

Old 02-13-2010, 06:57 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,482,376 times
I hate the commercial for diapers (Huggies?) where the moron father attempts to change his baby's diapers on a pile of coats on a bed. The kid shoots up a stream all over the coats. That's disgusting. And who but a total idiot would change a baby on top of other peoples coats?

Old 02-13-2010, 07:00 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,930,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Élan vital View Post
I agree with all of the ones you mention.
Billy May may wanna have his hearing checked because he can't seem to talk without screaming.
You do realize Billy Mays is dead, don't you?

RIP Pitchman...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV