Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 07:33 PM

33 posts, read 96,674 times

Advertisements

I myself love Cheers and watch it every morning! I could never get into Lost. Maybe because of the way it's built up, people make it sound like I need to watch 39 episodes to understand what is going on this week, doesn't sound very "New Viewer" friendly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2008, 10:39 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,852,666 times
I've never watched any reality show.
I never got into Frasier, although I always thought the few episodes I watched were good. Well written and acted, good characters and guest characters, just never developed the itch to watch it.
I've never watch 2 minutes of Sex and the City, but it is a show for women. Although so is Ugly Betty and I've like the 4 episodes of it that I watched.

I tend to have pretty quirky tastes but to throw out a couple of names that others have mentioned. Among the best shows ever on TV (IMO) were;

Quote:
The Avengers
Quote:
Barney Miller
, best cop show ever made, hands down.
Quote:
Frank's Place
, Maybe the best show ever on TV, lasted less than a season.
Quote:
Boomtown
, kind of a "Third Watch" but in LA but you had to really "watch" it. Therefor it didn't last.
Quote:
Sports Night
. Again, like Frank's Place and Boomtown a bit too "thinky" for most people. Like Frank's Place it covered rascism, sexual harrassment and other "taboo" topics.
Quote:
Homicide, Life on the Street.
Forerunner to The Wire, same writers, director and streets. Probably the best American TV show (non-cable) ever done. I know I said the same thing about Barney Miller. But BM was more of a "dramedy", Homicide was straigt up DRAMA.

golfgod

Old 09-10-2008, 12:00 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,963,301 times
your mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
what about that stupid show where that little girl was a robot

I also hated ALF

Old 09-11-2008, 07:48 PM

12 posts, read 29,232 times
Survivor
Amazing Race { the only time i watch it is if they visit a place that i want to go to when i get older like japan or somewhere in europe }
Seinfield
Grey's Anatomy
The Simpsoms { use to watch it when i was little, but not now }
Hereos
Lost
Soap Operas
America's Funniest Home Videos
Nip/Tuck
Laguana Beach and its strange and dramatic sibling The Hills
7th Heaven { i don't really like t.v. shows the family was like "goody goody"}
The Cosby Show { yep i said it. There is actually someone who doesn't like the cosby show}

Old 09-11-2008, 07:53 PM

3,871 posts, read 17,109,064 times
What shows could I never get into watching?

Uhhh, I don't know their names because -- I could never get into watching them..... Spent 20 seconds on them, kept on going.....

Old 09-14-2008, 06:03 AM

396 posts, read 1,276,540 times
Friends. The most overrated TV show in history (not a bad show by any means, but it's not anything special)
American Idol. I watched it the first couple of seasons but I just can't stand it anymore (except for the auditions!).
Survivor. Can't it just end already?
The OC. *gag, vomit, death*
House. The OTHER most overrated show in history. House is the only interesting character and every episode follows the exact same formula.

Old 09-14-2008, 09:32 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times
Grey's Anatomy - I just don't get it.

Two and A Half Men - not funny and incredibly anti-women

American Idol - too many reasons to mention

Old 09-14-2008, 09:36 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,293,179 times
Everyone says The Office is funny but I could never get into it. I watched Nip Tuck for a while but it didnt hook me. The one that surprises me is Lost. I was a hardcore fan for the first season and most of the second but I haven't seen an episode in years. Now that they are showing them from the start on Sci Fi I can catch up.

Old 09-15-2008, 12:42 AM

396 posts, read 1,276,540 times
Ah, there's two more I can add:

Grey's Anatomy and Desperate Housewives.

Lame soap opera drivel.

Old 07-02-2012, 04:06 PM

393 posts, read 1,203,048 times
I could never get into Friends. I will sometimes catch a rerun and I STILL don't see what the big deal was when it was on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV