Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2008, 01:15 PM

158 posts, read 604,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Why didn't they "treat" the team that took a cab instead of walking to this same concession?? Seems like the producers are arbitrarily deciding which teams to penalize in which way, in a way that does affect the outcome for some teams getting the boot (or not).

Actually, they were both treated the same. The geek team was required to sit through their penalty before they could check in. Unfortunately for them, another team arrived before their penalty had elapsed.

Let's say Terrence and Sarah arrived at 5:30pm (just an arbitrary time for the sake of discussion). They had to wait until 6:00pm to check in, but since it made no difference in the rankings, the producers chose not to air them waiting through their 30 minute penalty. How the 30 minute penalty will show up next episode is that instead of leaving at 5:30am, they will depart at 6:00am, twelve hours after they checked in.

It was kind-of badly worded at the end of the episode, but I believe that's what they were getting at.

aak
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 02:47 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashbaak View Post
Actually, they were both treated the same. The geek team was required to sit through their penalty before they could check in. Unfortunately for them, another team arrived before their penalty had elapsed.

Let's say Terrence and Sarah arrived at 5:30pm (just an arbitrary time for the sake of discussion). They had to wait until 6:00pm to check in, but since it made no difference in the rankings, the producers chose not to air them waiting through their 30 minute penalty. How the 30 minute penalty will show up next episode is that instead of leaving at 5:30am, they will depart at 6:00am, twelve hours after they checked in.

It was kind-of badly worded at the end of the episode, but I believe that's what they were getting at.

aak
That's not how I understood what the host said - he said that they would receive an additional 30 minutes penalty starting off the next leg, there was no mention made of a 30 minute penalty being added to the leg that was aired last night. It may have meant the difference to Ty and Aja going home, for all we know. And the geeks would have been better off if the penalty was added to their next leg instead of the one they performed the transgression in. At least, that's how I see it.

Old 10-27-2008, 03:07 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,711,313 times
Quote:
That's not how I understood what the host said - he said that they would receive an additional 30 minutes penalty starting off the next leg, there was no mention made of a 30 minute penalty being added to the leg that was aired last night. It may have meant the difference to Ty and Aja going home, for all we know. And the geeks would have been better off if the penalty was added to their next leg instead of the one they performed the transgression in. At least, that's how I see it.
That's what I got from it also.

Old 10-27-2008, 03:30 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,988,497 times
They typically leave for the start of the next leg based on the time they finished the last leg. So, they are being penalized the same way. If they were forced to sit and wait for 30 minutes in this leg they would leave 30 minutes later in the next leg. I'm sure they knew that no other team would get there in 30 minutes based on their current status and it wouldn't matter. It wouldn't affect their status (you are team #3) in this leg. Does that make sense?

How about the divorcees? "Oh we get to play basketball, yay!" *shoot a couple of hoops* "wait, shouldn't there be a clue?" In that segment they were literally and figuratively "clueless!!"

Old 10-28-2008, 08:38 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,375 times
Toni and Dallas are the only likable people left. I hope they can somehow pull it out and win this race. Terrence and Sarah have to be the two most annoying people on the face of the earth. They deserve each other. I hope they go next, but I have a feeling the next episode will be a non-elimination episode. I'm actually surprised we haven't seen one of those yet.

Lucy

Old 10-29-2008, 12:32 PM

786 posts, read 3,925,153 times
Quote:
Phil did say that the penalty did not affect the outcome of who got eliminated. They tried to make it look like Ty and Aja were right behind the frat brothers so it wouldn't be obvious who would be eliminated, but they arrived much later. That said, I would have preferred Ty and Aja to have stayed and someone else get eliminated.

Old 10-29-2008, 05:29 PM

2 posts, read 3,532 times
I'm also surprised we haven't seen a non-elimination leg yet. I thought for sure last Sunday night's episode was going to be a non-elimination, but I suppose I was wrong. Although, I was hoping it would be, cause I really wanted to see Ty and Aja and stay.

Old 11-02-2008, 06:30 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,882,290 times
We are now half way thru tonights episode. Someone tell Terence to SHUT UP!!!!! If she stays with him then she is going to be miserable or else she likes being treated like that.

Old 11-03-2008, 04:47 AM

1,722 posts, read 3,749,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
We are now half way thru tonights episode. Someone tell Terence to SHUT UP!!!!! If she stays with him then she is going to be miserable or else she likes being treated like that.
Yeah no kidding. I was hoping Sarah would turn around and spray him with paint! Did I miss the part about the time penalty from last week because I didn't hear anything about it last night.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:55 AM

1,015 posts, read 2,162,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaNative View Post
I was hoping Sarah would turn around and spray him with paint!
I was thinking the same thing - why doesn't she just spray his big fat mouth green.

Tina deserved a spraying as well!

Go Toni and Dallas!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV