Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2010, 03:32 PM

2,540 posts, read 3,737,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post
I think Crystal is a panther or some other predator cat.
I think so too, based on one episode where Jason was lounging in the woods and there's a panther like creature watching him, then next thing he knew, Crystal appeared.

Plus Sam did the sniffing thing when the two guys showed up at his bar looking for Crystal. I noticed Sam sniffs when another shape shifter is around (his mom, Tommy)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2010, 04:17 PM

947 posts, read 3,140,637 times
Sam went crazy last night on the were, (maybe panther), from Hotshot. He opened up a can of major whoopass!!!

People in Hotshot are a bunch of inbreeds, no outsiders allowed.

Loved how Jason came to Tara's rescue. She used to have a crush on him I wonder if him killing Franklin will reignite that crush.

Bill had so much of Sookie's blood he was able to cross over into fairy land, at least that is what I think it is, I could be wrong.

Hadley is annoying me showing up and then taking off without any answers. She always acts like she is going through with drawls of some sort. Completely annoying.

Nice they brought in Hadley's son, Hunter. Hadley's son didn't show up in the books until the next to the last book in the series. The show is changed up a lot compared to the Dead Novels.

I can't believe there are only 3 episodes left. Then what.. Wait two years before it comes back to HBO?

Old 08-16-2010, 05:07 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,317,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Red View Post
I can't believe there are only 3 episodes left. Then what.. Wait two years before it comes back to HBO?
Two years??? Won't Season 4 be airing in 2011?

Old 08-16-2010, 06:52 PM

947 posts, read 3,140,637 times
^^^

I was being sarcastic. It always feels like the new season takes years to arrive.

Old 08-16-2010, 09:30 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times
Quote:
maybe someone who has read the books can give us a little info without giving the entire plot away!
I think Crystal is a panther or some other predator cat.
Well, here's the thing - I know what Crystal is in the books - but the books and the show have started to depart a little bit. I don't want to give anything in the books away (because I think everyone should read them - they are awesome!!!) and even if I did - I couldn't guarantee that it is going to be the same on the show! After being completely obsessed with the show - I finally read the books. I'm kind of glad that I watched the show first - because I can really appreciate them both with out being upset that the show isn't completely faithful to the books. It's actually kind of neat - this way I can still be surprised by the show!
As far as Crystal is concerned - I think she will probably be the same thing as she is in the books - but all of her family and relationships on the show are different than those in the books.

Old 08-17-2010, 07:10 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,651,433 times
thanks..I have read the first book, but wanted to wait awhile for the show to progress. maybe I will pick up the next couple of books from the library!

Old 08-17-2010, 10:17 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,744,693 times
if you want to give a spoiler (like what the heck Crystal is), you can click the show/hide icon up there and then you have to WANT to see it ...

just saying, I actually don't mind the spoilers.

Old 08-17-2010, 10:29 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times
Crystal, in the book, is a

Spoiler

panther.

Old 08-17-2010, 12:55 PM

3,131 posts, read 11,651,433 times
thanks. I was pretty sure! now I want to know..what is sookie?

Old 08-17-2010, 12:59 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,317,791 times
Quote:
thanks. I was pretty sure! now I want to know..what is sookie?
Sookie is...
Spoiler
a telepath, and she has faery blood. Her great-grandfather is a faery prince. In the books, Claudine is a cousin from a previous generation. In the books, Sookie doesn't have that light-from-the-fingers power that she has in the TV show. Also, in the books, she does have a bit more physical strength than one would expect her to have, which she attributes to the vampire blood she has ingested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV