Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2010, 12:33 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
I agree that those endings are more dramatic and suspenseful, but I think that endings don't necessarily have to be that dramatic to draw the viewer back in for next season. I think that's what we, as audiences, are used to, and if it's not very cliffhanger-esque it feels something is missing. The lack of shocking cliffhanger didn't keep me from enjoying the finale and looking forward to next season, tho.

I dunno. I'd rather watch a show because I thought it was good the whole way through, rather than *having* to tune in because of a few unanswered questions left open last season.
I agree! In fact - I kind of hate cliffhangers as season enders - I can't stand the suspense!

I'm actually glad that the series is departing so much from the books. I absolutely LOVE the books - but it's nice to be surprised by the TV show without knowing everything that is going to happen. There is one story line from the books though that I REALLY hope they follow!!! Anyone who has read the books probably knows what I'm talking about.
Spoiler
I'll just say it involved a naked man on a road at night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2010, 12:53 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,702,451 times
I thought the finale was quite good

Old 09-13-2010, 12:53 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,335,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
LOL. I can't believe I did that.
haha, I should write a parody of True Blood. Set in Bon Bons.

Old 09-13-2010, 04:54 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,175,792 times
Well I find Hoyt's mother entertaining..

Old 09-13-2010, 07:43 PM

947 posts, read 3,140,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I agree! In fact - I kind of hate cliffhangers as season enders - I can't stand the suspense!

I'm actually glad that the series is departing so much from the books. I absolutely LOVE the books - but it's nice to be surprised by the TV show without knowing everything that is going to happen. There is one story line from the books though that I REALLY hope they follow!!! Anyone who has read the books probably knows what I'm talking about.
Spoiler
I'll just say it involved a naked man on a road at night.
That is my favorite book of all in the Dead series. I wonder if it will happen at all?

Old 09-13-2010, 08:03 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,203,498 times
I'm on the third book and thus far I like the series better. There seems to be greater character development, but I have a hard time separating my view of the characters from what I've watched while I read, so that is probably affecting my opinion. Also, the last vampire books I read was Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles and they were so well done, imo.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Red View Post
That is my favorite book of all in the Dead series. I wonder if it will happen at all?
It's my favorite book, too!!! Oh - I really hope it happens!

Old 09-13-2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I'm on the third book and thus far I like the series better. There seems to be greater character development, but I have a hard time separating my view of the characters from what I've watched while I read, so that is probably affecting my opinion. Also, the last vampire books I read was Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles and they were so well done, imo.
I understand what you mean about the character development - but I think it's simply because the books are written in 1st person. Everything is from Sookie's point of view - so the other characters aren't as developed simply because they aren't involved in every moment of Sookie's life. The series has lots of story lines that aren't in the book because there has to be more than one plot line in a series - it can't just be only about Sookie. Well, I guess it could- but it's more interesting this way! Personally, I love the books and I love the series. I think after reading more of the books - you'll be able to separate them from each other and appreciate them independantly. At least that's how I felt!

Old 09-14-2010, 07:40 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,781,122 times
I thought the season finale was entertaining; was not the best thing I've ever seen on TV.

This season seemed to have a lot of loose ends and underdeveloped storylines. Eh-hem...Alcide and Arlene especially. Also I am really not getting the whole point of Arlene being pregnant with Rene's baby anyway. He was not supernatural...just a psycho. Big whoop.

Another big whoop comes in with Tara. The bathroom scene...her looking at the scissors...and cutting off her ....fake hair! OMG...someone call in Chris Rock so that he can school the unknowing public on the particulars of Black hair. It's called extensions people. You need to cut them to get them out anyway. And in the finale...where in the world is she going? New Orleans?

Bill Compton has some of the most ridiculous dialogue on all of television. Is there a different writer just for him? He tells Russell, "...and you sir, are as mad as a hatter!" What the...

I am glad that Sookie has finally edged out of the clueless ditzy cheerleader routine. But the demonic laugh during...um...the 'disposal' of Talbot's remains and the cursing left and right and any vampire that crossed her path was just weird. Hopefully her trip to Fairy Land will bring her back to having a peaceful spirit.

Burnt-to-a-crisp Russell had way to much screentime and dialogue. It was like watching a moving/talking cigarette ash. They should have gotten rid of him within the first 5 minutes. And shown more of Alcide .

I heart Pam soooo much!

It warms my heart to see Lafayette and Jesus together. Jesus is going to kick-butt in Season 4 (I hope)! They better not off him!

Sam is a trainwreck. Tommy is annoying little brat. I think they are perfect for each other at this point.

The Jason and Crystal storyline was soooo boring. That and this season seemed to be 'highlights of poor redneck trash in it's finest form' (and Sam's family is included in that). Alan Ball knows where to get you where it hurts. And for me...it was seeing skinny old men in their tighty-whitey draws. Sam's Dad did it MULTIPLE times, and then there was that guy in Crystal's compound. Torture! OMG...if I never see such a sight again....it will be all too soon.

Old 09-14-2010, 07:45 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,781,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
The whole Maryann thing seemed like just an excuse to show some skin and I still don't see what Tara or the producers saw in Eggs, a dope-smoking layabout who sponged off Maryann. Yeah Maryann had him kill for her but he didn't know that. He was perfectly content to sit around all day and do nothing but play some tunes and get high. At least Tara went to work. I'd like to know exactly what made Tara constantly call him "a good man." What we observed of him didn't match the sentiment expressed and to have it continue on into Season 3?.
Seriously? Bon Temps is FULL of low-lifes...so why single him out? Bill Compton doesn't have a job and neither does Jason (and playing 'Toy Cop' is NOT a job)! I mean if you want to fault Tara for falling for Eggs, then you sure as hell need to fault Jason for falling for Crystal's inbred, redneck self.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV