Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2010, 08:13 AM

1,642 posts, read 4,096,026 times

Advertisements

I like Russell so I was glad to see what happened to him, I hope to see him again. I thought it was a pretty clever device, like "boxing" a cylon on BSG, he can be brought back anytime.

I also liked Bill saying "mad as a hatter" with such conviction. That's just his charactor, he's old and not in a hurry to modernize (except for his Wii).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2010, 11:01 AM

1,233 posts, read 2,826,839 times
Worst. Finale. Ever.

Spoiler
Disappearing with fairies? Really, Sookie? I haven't read the books, which apparently would help me understand that bit, but it felt so anticlimatic.

Hoyt and Jessica are so cute it almost made up for it.

Old 09-14-2010, 12:31 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissShona View Post
Seriously? Bon Temps is FULL of low-lifes...so why single him out? :
Because no one calls the other low-lifes "good men." Isn't Jason in charge of the road crew? Hoyt just said in this last episode that its his job to run the crew when Jason isn't there.

Old 09-14-2010, 12:39 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
I don't think anyone has mentioned the little "In Memoriam" clip where the deaths from 3 seasons were played. I finally got to see Longshadow die again (something I didn't remember) and uh, that was a really messy death, too.

Old 09-14-2010, 05:53 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,203,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I understand what you mean about the character development - but I think it's simply because the books are written in 1st person. Everything is from Sookie's point of view - so the other characters aren't as developed simply because they aren't involved in every moment of Sookie's life. The series has lots of story lines that aren't in the book because there has to be more than one plot line in a series - it can't just be only about Sookie. Well, I guess it could- but it's more interesting this way! Personally, I love the books and I love the series. I think after reading more of the books - you'll be able to separate them from each other and appreciate them independantly. At least that's how I felt!
Yea, as I get further into Club Dead, I'm appreciating the interaction between Sookie and the ware guy, which seems to be more involved compared to the series. Maybe my memory is off, tho. I'm liking the books well enough and it's a bit inspiring since the author isn't that great of writer, but still pumps this stuff out. She must be sitting pretty today. Good for her!

Old 09-14-2010, 08:03 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,781,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Because no one calls the other low-lifes "good men." Isn't Jason in charge of the road crew? Hoyt just said in this last episode that its his job to run the crew when Jason isn't there.
That is because Eggs is dead...and Bill and Jason are still around. And Jason has not been seen working on the road crew anytime recently. When he is, he is usually sleeping or daydreaming.

Old 09-15-2010, 12:12 AM

4,884 posts, read 5,018,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emi__ View Post
Worst. Finale. Ever.

Spoiler
Disappearing with fairies? Really, Sookie? I haven't read the books, which apparently would help me understand that bit, but it felt so anticlimatic.

Hoyt and Jessica are so cute it almost made up for it.
Reading the books wouldn't help you understand Sookie disappearing with the Fairies. Tune next season to try to understand that happening.

Old 09-15-2010, 08:43 AM

29,748 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I understand what you mean about the character development - but I think it's simply because the books are written in 1st person. Everything is from Sookie's point of view - so the other characters aren't as developed simply because they aren't involved in every moment of Sookie's life. The series has lots of story lines that aren't in the book because there has to be more than one plot line in a series - it can't just be only about Sookie. Well, I guess it could- but it's more interesting this way! Personally, I love the books and I love the series. I think after reading more of the books - you'll be able to separate them from each other and appreciate them independantly. At least that's how I felt!
Sometimes I wonder what this show would be like if it had stayed more in line with the books--gone a Glee-ish/Pushing Daisies kind of funny whimsical direction rather that the bleak and violent path that Alan Ball has taken it down. Usually shows or movies based on books are different, but dang, this is totally changed.

Old 09-16-2010, 10:48 AM

4,884 posts, read 5,018,196 times
Is anyone over True Blood now? I think I am. This finale, and season in general, may have put the stake in the heart of this series for me. After last season, it really needed to be better than it was this season.

Old 09-16-2010, 01:42 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,826,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
Reading the books wouldn't help you understand Sookie disappearing with the Fairies. Tune next season to try to understand that happening.
Oh, so this has absolutely nothing to do with anything? FANTASTIC. One of my friends and I were talking about the finale after I had watched it, she said something that I thought implied that this happened in the books.

Right now, Eric is the only reason I'm still going to watch next season, aside from Jessica/Hoyt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV