Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 10:23 PM

690 posts, read 2,107,744 times

Advertisements

Is anybody still watching this? I didn't watch last season, so I didn't witness all the meanness of those two girls you're talking about. This season isn't bad, in my opinion. Yeah, they whine and cry a lot, but I think it was Jillian who said that a lot of them have serious emotional problems. That's what caused them to become so overweight in the first place.

Anyway, I'm really liking this season, despite the obvious product placement in every episode and all the crying/emotional breakdowns. I was really sad to see Mandi go tonight. I really like both her and Aubrey. And Kristen...I was hoping they'd find a way to get rid of of Cathy or Ron. Cathy and Ron are also nice, but they're the weakest link in the blue team. I want to see the underdogs win for once.

But, my favorites are still Tara and Mike. More and more, I'm hoping Mike wins. He's such a good kid. I didn't see him going overboard with the 24 hour luxury prize, either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2009, 07:06 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,717,788 times
I agree with Cathy and Ron. I used to like them but when Ron said matter-of-factly that it was Mandy's time to go, it was as if he wasn't even being considered. I think it is because he and Cathy are the weakest and not true competitors since no one really has to worry about them losing more weight than them.

I think Jillian just needs to go. It's evident she doesn't like job. She is seething with negativity. I caught a glimpse that Bob was miffed at her by the way he responded to the Tongan guys. Nonetheless, it's time for HER to go. Bring in someone who has a heart and won't yell at the people all the time.

Old 03-11-2009, 07:36 AM

1,904 posts, read 3,987,476 times
Hoosier, I totally agree with you. I said to my wife as we were watching last night that I used to like Ron but every week it is always someone else's time to go yet he is the poorest performer.

I think Bob was in the wrong last night. He should not have just opened his arms to the guys. He should of at least had them try to talk to Jillian. After that if they still choose to work out with him over Jillian then sure he should help them.

I agree that they had reasons to be mad at Jillian. I also think that Jillian had every right to be mad at the group for their actions during their reward. Then of course, Filipe blames his poor weight loss week on Jillian and not the fact that he was eating steak sliders and chicken fingers and fries!

All in all, I really enjoy this show.

Old 03-11-2009, 07:39 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,447,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFanGoingWest View Post
Hoosier, I totally agree with you. I said to my wife as we were watching last night that I used to like Ron but every week it is always someone else's time to go yet he is the poorest performer.

I think Bob was in the wrong last night. He should not have just opened his arms to the guys. He should of at least had them try to talk to Jillian. After that if they still choose to work out with him over Jillian then sure he should help them.

I agree that they had reasons to be mad at Jillian. I also think that Jillian had every right to be mad at the group for their actions during their reward. Then of course, Filipe blames his poor weight loss week on Jillian and not the fact that he was eating steak sliders and chicken fingers and fries!

I agree with everything you said.....

Old 03-11-2009, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFanGoingWest View Post

Yeah I absolutely agree! And Filipe was completely wrong to blame his poor performance on Jillian. It was not her fault....and yes, she had every right to be irate with the group! I feel for Mike. He did a fantastic job and I sure hope he is the winner!!

Old 03-11-2009, 11:49 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,120,651 times
I liked Sionne and Filipe until last night. But, their little tirades, gloating about being able to beat the blue team just by sleeping all day and then blaming Jillian when it was obviously the burgers, fried chicken and fries were to blame for their poor performance, turned me off. I also really respected Mandi for making that decision to let her sister stay. I liked the yellow team more last night than I have all season. But, Ron really needs to go. Poor Bob isn't going to have anyone left. I also would have liked to see him tell the boys to suck it up and go back to Jillian.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:12 PM

47 posts, read 491,271 times
I think Ron needs to go also. I'm stilling hoping that Tara wins.

So what's the deal with next week.....is the show over? They all looked like they were going home. This is the first season that I've watched the show but it seems like a short season.

Old 03-11-2009, 01:15 PM

I do agree that the guys should've worked things out with Jillian. Who knows what next week will bring. Until last night I really liked Helen, but she has become too cocky about their wins. I wonder what they think when they see themselves on TV? And I'm actually beginning to really like Tara. She does seem like the strongest person on the show. I think Mike is a strong contender for the title too.

I did go to the site and looks like they're headed home next week. Weight Loss TV Show, Pictures, Photos, Video & Episodes Online - The Biggest Loser | NBC Official Site

Old 03-11-2009, 01:19 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,120,651 times
It's the home visit next week. I think they only stay a day or two if it's like season's past. I'm also liking Tara and Mike a lot. I do think that Tara's obsession with the original black team was a little strange, but other than that she works her tail off each week and she's strong. I also think Kristen is a contender. She also gives the challenges her all, which cannot be easy considering her size especially early on.

Old 03-11-2009, 01:24 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,635,558 times
I'm glad to see other people are watching this show also.
I love Tara, I like how she is honest in her competitiveness, and truly works hard to get her results. Doesn't anyone else wonder how she allowed herself to become so obese? She is just such a natural athelete. I really hope that she wins.

As for the blue team -- when they cut Dane in favor of keeping Ron they sealed their own doom. There is no way they will ever win a challenge or a weigh in....especially since they cut Mandi. Next week they will go with Aubrey then they will have to start looking at Cathy or Ron.
I don't know why, but I really dislike Ron. Perhaps because of the way the Dane situation was handled...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV