Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2012, 03:23 AM

1,289 posts, read 3,036,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I was really disappointed with Teresa in this last episode.

The way she turned on J so fast...so fast...for just asking a question.

She may very well have a very different definition of friendship, which involves not getting into each other's business and not asking pointed questions like that (I know some old world cultures are more like that sometimes)...so maybe that's it...but, uh, that was really not cool from my standpoint and definition of friendship. It's too bad, really.
Tre does. She's constantly saying she's "old school". Which in the Italian way it is considered rude. Also, the term "jail" is never used, it's "going away". It's the mafioso way.

Old 06-23-2012, 06:13 AM

507 posts, read 514,076 times
My blood is boiling after finally being able to watch the last episode of RHofNJ. Can someone explain to me why is it that no one gets why Teresa is mad at Melissa? Why is it so hard for people to understand that Teresa has a legitimate reason to be upset and hurt. Pay close attention because I know some people won't get this and Teresa will be called jealous and crazy

Your brother marries a girl (after being engaged 2 times before that) and you don't trust her. Things were said and rumors spread that she may have been or is a golddigger but your brother is too much of a simp to realize it. Fast forward, your own family sells you out to, of all people, Danielle Staub because of a family dispute. It hits the internet (Facebook, Twitter) and you learn about it on national television on a reunion show, but yet Teresa's feelings are not warranted.

I have never trusted Melissa, Caroline, or Jacqueline since day one concerning how they automatically took Melissa's side. Caroline claims Teresa has never been a friend to her. Oh really? As I recall it was Teresa who had her back against Danielle and anyone else who had something to say about her or Dina. Now she was never a friend. And don't get me started on Jacqueline ol' cry baby behind. Now she is so concerned about their friendship and Teresa going to jail? If you are that concerned you pick up the phone and call you do not speak to someone on national television about it

I understand why Teresa is the way she is because they are trying their damnest to make her out to be the problem when she really isn't. I am not saying she is Miss Innocent but Lord knows if my sister in law maliciously went behind my back to talk about me to an arch enemy of mine and now I am the bad guy, yeah I would have a problem too. Not to mention some people you cannot confide. Anyone take note of how Jacqueline repeats everything she hears? Teresa needs to keep her life private (even though she won't) and hidden from them because they throw it back in her face

Jacqueline needs to focus on Assley being a complete failure at life and not why Melissa and Teresa don't get along. Then maybe she would have a purpose in life because as of right now all I see is an unemployed nosey behind housewife with too much time on her hands

Old 06-23-2012, 06:32 AM

507 posts, read 514,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
It's funny you say that, because it reminded me of my mother.

My mother by and large is not a liar. Except for one very particular instance.

IF she thinks something is NOT your business, she will just tell you something else. Especially if she is outraged at the rudeness of you even bringing it up.

Again...cultural thing. It's not about the lie. It's about diverting from something that is NYOB, in their opinions.
^^^

This

They have all done interview and been quoted either in context or out of context (just like many other famous people) and yet it is a problem when Teresa does it. To be honest it isn't any of their business how she makes money through tabloids or quotes. At least she is making money. Take note on how quiet Jacqueline got when the tables were turned on her when Teresa blatantly asked her how do you make your money. Well she doesn't because even Chris is having financial problems

I get so sick and tired of Caroline and Jacqueline acting as if they are a perfect family who can solve everyone else's problems. Caroline isn't speaking to a good number of her own siblings because of what she has done to them. Jacqueline can't even help her own daughter, and yet and still, want to tell Teresa how to fix her situation and family problems

Pot meet kettle

They all get on my nerves

Old 06-23-2012, 06:00 PM

339 posts, read 696,221 times
[quote=Nscorpiored;24868587]My blood is boiling after finally being able to watch the last episode of RHofNJ. Can someone explain to me why is it that no one gets why Teresa is mad at Melissa? Why is it so hard for people to understand that Teresa has a legitimate reason to be upset and hurt. Pay close attention because I know some people won't get this and Teresa will be called jealous and crazy

Your brother marries a girl (after being engaged 2 times before that) and you don't trust her. Things were said and rumors spread that she may have been or is a golddigger but your brother is too much of a simp to realize it. Fast forward, your own family sells you out to, of all people, Danielle Staub because of a family dispute. It hits the internet (Facebook, Twitter) and you learn about it on national television on a reunion show, but yet Teresa's feelings are not warranted. <<<<

I’ll take a stab at why I don’t get Teresa. Let me re-phrase that: I get Teresa, I don’t agree with her actions.

This is what is key to me and in your post you stated it as well. RUMOURS.

It seems to me a lot of Teresa’s feelings appear to be based upon RUMOURS.
An example, earlier this season, when Teresa was having a fit about Melissa performing in clubs to promote her singing career. Teresa stated that people were saying she’ll be around a lot of guys and who knows what will happen. Teresa was asked point blank does she have proof that Melissa is cheating on her brother while she is on the road.

Teresa answered NO, not maybe, not sort of, but NO proof. All Teresa had was what other people said MIGHT or could happen. That is not fact or proof; that is gossip, rumor, and innuendo.

Then Teresa asked , “well why is she (Melissa) out there? (Meaning performing in clubs). Well that is the norm if you are trying to promote a music career. You get out and perform in clubs, etc. What Melissa is doing is not so far-fetched or unreasonable. If Melissa’s husband “approves” that’s what matters.

It seems to me that it was rumors and innuendo, etc that started Teresa’s dislike and distrust of Melissa from the beginning and that never changed. After 7 or 8 years shouldn’t Teresa have proof of Melissa’s infidelities and gold digging ways? Melissa may be smarter/cooler than Teresa but, by now, there should have been more proof of gold digger.

The only concrete incident (to my knowledge) that Teresa could come up with that you could say is gold digger-ish, was that the time when they were all hanging out and Melissa alluded to something along the lines about her sister married to for love, but after seeing Joe’s house….

Now according to Melissa it was said in a joking way in a light- hearted conversation. The only other person who was there that could shed some light on this is cousin Kathy and to date, she hasn’t said anything publicly.

Now let’s say Melissa is NOT a gold-digger (and I don’t know if she is or not) and through the years she had to put up with Teresa’s comments and remarks, etc. towards her. IF I were Melissa, I would be offended and very pissed off if I was accused of being something I am not. I don’t know how you prove you are not a gold-digger, but it seems proving one is a gold-digger is easier, (my humble opinion).

And I have said this before, if I have to fight back, I will fight back with what is at my disposal- Danielle was a weapon of choice for Melissa and Mel played it well!!

There was even a scene (last season I think) when Teresa was telling Melissa something along the lines that Melissa did not try to fit in the family when she first married Joe. From what I could see Melissa took it to heart (and plastic surgery) and transformed herself to Teresa Jr. Now Teresa complains Melissa copies everything she (Teresa) does.

My issue with Teresa is her brother is now married with 3 young children to Melissa. This is not a girlfriend or even a fiancée, Melissa is a wife to Joe and a mother to Teresa’s niece and nephews. Even if Melissa and Joe were "living in sin", there are still young children involved.

For someone who claims marriage and family is the most important/sacred, Teresa is actively trying to break up a marriage. I stated this before, if Teresa does not like Melissa, fine, don’t like her; but the deal is done, they are husband and wife and Joe has to see his wife for himself, if she really is a gold digger, no one can do that for him. And even if he reaches the conclusion that his wife is a gold-digger, Joe may still decide to stay with her and Teresa has to accept that.

All Teresa’s actions are doing is pushing her brother away from her.

There is more to this than Melissa being a gold-digger. Teresa herself has said, she wants her brother to put her first. That is ridiculous and doesn't seem normal, her brother is married now. Is Joe the brother really # 1 over Juicy in Teresa’s life? I doubt it.

There is a rumor floating around that the real issue is that The Gorgas have an open marriage and Teresa finds it repulsive and that is the real issue. Guess what? That is the Gorgas business, if they want it open and they both accept that, it really is not Teresa’s business. She doesn’t have to like it, but she does not have to get actively involved (pun) in trying to make her brother see the light.

Teresa needs to spend more time worrying about her own marriage and the rumors or facts circulating about her and Juicy. Like who was in the car with Juicy when he had his DUI. Now that was fact but speculation is: what was she doing in the car at that hour of night with Juicy. We could take that and come up with a hundred scenarios as to why she was in the car. Or what she will do if Juicy goes to jail (oops, I mean away).

Teresa is one of those people that holds grudges for a long time and she'll form an opinion of you, whether it's based upon rumor or fact and that opinion will stay until the second coming even if it is wrong or not factually based.

I don't think Melissa is a saint and I am more pro Teresa than Melissa but I don't "hate" Melissa either.

But one thing I will say, I don’t fault Melissa completely about how they (The Gorgas) got on the show that was Melissa and Joe in partnership that was not Melissa on her own.

Either way it is sad, because this not only affects the adults, but the children, who are 1st cousins as well.

So I guess that is my take on this.

Last edited by NYPeach; 06-23-2012 at 07:00 PM..

Old 06-23-2012, 09:06 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,796,829 times
[quote=NYPeach;24874958]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nscorpiored View Post
My blood is boiling after finally being able to watch the last episode of RHofNJ. Can someone explain to me why is it that no one gets why Teresa is mad at Melissa? Why is it so hard for people to understand that Teresa has a legitimate reason to be upset and hurt. Pay close attention because I know some people won't get this and Teresa will be called jealous and crazy

Your brother marries a girl (after being engaged 2 times before that) and you don't trust her. Things were said and rumors spread that she may have been or is a golddigger but your brother is too much of a simp to realize it. Fast forward, your own family sells you out to, of all people, Danielle Staub because of a family dispute. It hits the internet (Facebook, Twitter) and you learn about it on national television on a reunion show, but yet Teresa's feelings are not warranted. <<<<

I’ll take a stab at why I don’t get Teresa. Let me re-phrase that: I get Teresa, I don’t agree with her actions.

An example, earlier this season, when Teresa was having a fit about Melissa performing in clubs to promote her singing career. Teresa stated that people were saying she’ll be around a lot of guys and who knows what will happen. Teresa was asked point blank does she have proof that Melissa is cheating on her brother while she is on the road.

Teresa answered NO, not maybe, not sort of, but NO proof. All Teresa had was what other people said MIGHT or could happen. That is not fact or proof; that is gossip, rumor, and innuendo.

Then Teresa asked , “well why is she (Melissa) out there? (Meaning performing in clubs). Well that is the norm if you are trying to promote a music career. You get out and perform in clubs, etc. What Melissa is doing is not so far-fetched or unreasonable. If Melissa’s husband “approves” that’s what matters.

It seems to me that it was rumors and innuendo, etc that started Teresa’s dislike and distrust of Melissa from the beginning and that never changed. After 7 or 8 years shouldn’t Teresa have proof of Melissa’s infidelities and gold digging ways? Melissa may be smarter/cooler than Teresa but, by now, there should have been more proof of gold digger.

The only concrete incident (to my knowledge) that Teresa could come up with that you could say is gold digger-ish, was that the time when they were all hanging out and Melissa alluded to something along the lines about her sister married to for love, but after seeing Joe’s house….

Now according to Melissa it was said in a joking way in a light- hearted conversation. The only other person who was there that could shed some light on this is cousin Kathy and to date, she hasn’t said anything publicly.

Now let’s say Melissa is NOT a gold-digger (and I don’t know if she is or not) and through the years she had to put up with Teresa’s comments and remarks, etc. towards her. IF I were Melissa, I would be offended and very pissed off if I was accused of being something I am not. I don’t know how you prove you are not a gold-digger, but it seems proving one is a gold-digger is easier, (my humble opinion).

And I have said this before, if I have to fight back, I will fight back with what is at my disposal- Danielle was a weapon of choice for Melissa and Mel played it well!!

There was even a scene (last season I think) when Teresa was telling Melissa something along the lines that Melissa did not try to fit in the family when she first married Joe. From what I could see Melissa took it to heart (and plastic surgery) and transformed herself to Teresa Jr. Now Teresa complains Melissa copies everything she (Teresa) does.

My issue with Teresa is her brother is now married with 3 young children to Melissa. This is not a girlfriend or even a fiancée, Melissa is a wife to Joe and a mother to Teresa’s niece and nephews. Even if Melissa and Joe were "living in sin", there are still young children involved.

For someone who claims marriage and family is the most important/sacred, Teresa is actively trying to break up a marriage. I stated this before, if Teresa does not like Melissa, fine, don’t like her; but the deal is done, they are husband and wife and Joe has to see his wife for himself, if she really is a gold digger, no one can do that for him. And even if he reaches the conclusion that his wife is a gold-digger, Joe may still decide to stay with her and Teresa has to accept that.

There is more to this than Melissa being a gold-digger. Teresa herself has said, she wants her brother to put her first. That is ridiculous and doesn't seem normal, her brother is married now. Is Joe the brother really # 1 over Juicy in Teresa’s life? I doubt it.

There is a rumor floating around that the real issue is that The Gorgas have an open marriage and Teresa finds it repulsive and that is the real issue. Guess what? That is the Gorgas business, if they want it open and they both accept that, it really is not Teresa’s business. She doesn’t have to like it, but she does not have to get actively involved (pun) in trying to make her brother see the light.

Teresa needs to spend more time worrying about her own marriage and the rumors or facts circulating about her and Juicy. Like who was in the car with Juicy when he had his DUI. Now that was fact but speculation is: what was she doing in the car at that hour of night with Juicy. We could take that and come up with a hundred scenarios as to why she was in the car. Or what she will do if Juicy goes to jail (oops, I mean away).

Teresa is one of those people that holds grudges for a long time and she'll form an opinion of you, whether it's based upon rumor or fact and that opinion will stay until the second coming even if it is wrong or not factually based.

I don't think Melissa is a saint and I am more pro Teresa than Melissa but I don't "hate" Melissa either.

But one thing I will say, I don’t fault Melissa completely about how they (The Gorgas) got on the show that was Melissa and Joe in partnership that was not Melissa on her own.

Either way it is sad, because this not only affects the adults, but the children, who are 1st cousins as well.

wow......awesome post. I just wanna add...I love my brother but can't stand his wife. She has no clue

Old 06-24-2012, 03:30 AM

1,289 posts, read 3,036,226 times
[quote=PippySkiddles;24876817]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYPeach View Post

wow......awesome post. I just wanna add...I love my brother but can't stand his wife. She has no clue
A lot of people feel the same way, but don't let on. Teresa is and always has been very vocal about not liking Melissa. Apparently, she has spread that hate to their parents too. She has turned their mother and father against Joe Gorga and Melissa, which I think is wrong, plus this is affecting all the kids. I think Teresa has her opinions, but she shouldn't be vomiting them all over everyone in the family.

Old 06-24-2012, 06:38 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,962,533 times
[quote=NYPeach;24874958]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nscorpiored View Post

I agree with this. I don't think Teresa has any proof at all and is just going on rumor. I don't think she knows Melissa all that well if at all so she has to rely on rumor's.

I think that Teresa is jealous of Melissa because she gets all of Joe's attention and he worships her now. I think Teresa is doing anything she can to turn everyone against Melissa. I think she holds grudges and she's vindictive.

I also agreed with Jacq about how Teresa says she wants to move forward and the past is the past but yet she was talking to Danielle about what happened two years ago. If she was really over it she wouldn't have responded to Danielle.

A

Old 06-24-2012, 11:00 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,910 times
[quote=PippySkiddles;24876817]
Quote:

been there--told him that--he told her--relationship downhill--btw---we are italian and she did prove herself to be a golddigger in many ways--so i can relate---sigh

Old 06-24-2012, 11:02 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,910 times
[quote=Riley09swb;24879573]
Quote:

I agree with this. I don't think Teresa has any proof at all and is just going on rumor. I don't think she knows Melissa all that well if at all so she has to rely on rumor's.

I think that Teresa is jealous of Melissa because she gets all of Joe's attention and he worships her now. I think Teresa is doing anything she can to turn everyone against Melissa. I think she holds grudges and she's vindictive.

I also agreed with Jacq about how Teresa says she wants to move forward and the past is the past but yet she was talking to Danielle about what happened two years ago. If she was really over it she wouldn't have responded to Danielle.

A

imo---theresa can see right thru melissa---and j is too screwed up herself to lecture or give advice to anyone---she needs AA

Old 06-24-2012, 03:12 PM

4,041 posts, read 4,962,533 times
[quote=auntieannie68;24881969]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley09swb View Post

imo---theresa can see right thru melissa---and j is too screwed up herself to lecture or give advice to anyone---she needs AA

Teresa's not smart enough to see through anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV