Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2011, 09:37 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,225,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdurncat13 View Post
How about that Brennan(sp?) from Nashville? Very easy on the eyes. Great voice too.
Yes, he is. But when he stood next to the host (forgot his name), he didn't stand a chance, the host is just a dreamboat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
Who was that 14 year old kid they kept showing on the commercials? Where they made it seem he was trying to start something with Simon? I don't watch the show but they showed his part on the local news here this morning because he's from Brooklyn and he was the local morning news show a couple of years ago (singing the same song).

Was he actually confronting Simon? Or was it part of his schtick? If he was confronting Simon like that, I would hate it if he actually got through.
It was part of his schtick. Like how some performers start with a story to introduce a song, except his wasn't a story as it was more a confrontation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2011, 04:59 AM

2,105 posts, read 3,012,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
Who was that 14 year old kid they kept showing on the commercials? Where they made it seem he was trying to start something with Simon? I don't watch the show but they showed his part on the local news here this morning because he's from Brooklyn and he was the local morning news show a couple of years ago (singing the same song).

Was he actually confronting Simon? Or was it part of his schtick? If he was confronting Simon like that, I would hate it if he actually got through.
Forgot the kids name, but he was leading up to his rap song. He was doing that to get his "attitude" going I guess, (it was part of his schtick). I do not like rap, but that kid was good. And he made it through.
All four judges said yes.

Old 10-02-2011, 01:02 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Love Josh! He and the recovered addict are my favorites so far.

Old 10-02-2011, 03:56 PM

I love the idea of the judges competing via mentoring each group. It should will be interesting to see how the groups are assigned.

Oh, and I really like that funky girl who sang the Jackson 5 song.

Old 10-06-2011, 04:39 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,322,446 times
So, quite a few good groups last night.

I just wish the song choice had been different, come on, so ecclectic and not always adapted to the singer's voice/style... It's a little as if they were trying to get rid of some acts without saying so...

Old 10-06-2011, 07:45 AM

2,105 posts, read 3,012,558 times
It was a good way to see who could adapt, and who just blew it. Agree, a couple of surprises last night. The little 12 yo. who was so terrified, Paige I think, she did amazing.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:36 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,322,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdurncat13 View Post
It was a good way to see who could adapt, and who just blew it.
Of course, but if your dream is to be, say, a country singer, it won't help you to sing rap or rock... I would be sad to see some good acts go because of that.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:19 PM

I like this concept. The group performances for eliminations is cool. Love that the judges will be assigned as mentors. This is not just another American Idol.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:49 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,933,771 times
Wow Burrito Maker just blows away every single other competitor. Great voice.

Old 10-07-2011, 05:23 AM

Burrito Maker is very good but I can't say he literally blows everyone else away. He's one of my favorites but there are some other very talented men in the over 30s too.

I'm disappointed in the assignments for the judges. It seems to me that the judges own preferences were better matches. LA said there was stronger talent in the over 30s. I'm disappointed that Nicole was assigned over 30s. LA could have done great things with them. I think Simon said he would love groups. I can understand why Paula was assigned groups but I also believe she will be overwhelmed.

Can't understand why they kept that young rapper from Brooklyn. He has too much attitude. Too immature. (Although other kids his age aren't behaving as terribly as him.) He won't dance. He won't this. He won't that. He won't LISTEN. Even LA said he was too young for rapping. I liked him at the adution, but I do not like him at all now. He is not cute anymore. The judges made a mistake assuming that we would continue to appreciate his talent. His personality totally gets in the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV