Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 09:19 AM

1,848 posts, read 4,687,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
I never knew they did things like that. Why don't the waitresses complain?? that is sooooooooooo sad

It can be sleazy, but I NEVER had to eat off of a plate like that and had never been treated with disrespect by a manager.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2010, 03:51 PM

16,081 posts, read 21,199,453 times
While I think it's nice that the guy went over and above to help Jaclyn I hope he realizes that there are probably dozens more just like her working for his company. I would have rather seen him give raises across the board or hire more help to ease the strain on other employees. Instead this one girls reaps the benefit of being the lucky one he had face to face with, what about the ones he doesn't see?

Old 02-12-2010, 04:58 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,380,808 times
I really liked the show, but, agree that it might get old quickly. It was too much that every one previewed had such a story, and did anyone else notice that after the woman clocked back in, so as to not be docked, she went right back in the lunchroom, and continued to finish her meal while she was on the clock? I haven't heard this mentioned anywhere. I kept waiting for Larry to bring that up, but, he never did.

Old 02-12-2010, 06:54 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,258,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everest209 View Post
I enjoyed it, but did seem scripted. What a coincidence that all the people he met had amazing stories. And the lady that drove around the trash truck, was like talking to all the neighbors, no wonder nothing got done lol.

The reality cliches is what bothers me. You know when the main character is like "Well I have something to tell you . . . "

And everybody stops, pops their heads up, and look around while music is playing. I dont know if i'm describing it right but I've seen that too many times.

Old 02-12-2010, 08:08 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,176,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
While I think it's nice that the guy went over and above to help Jaclyn I hope he realizes that there are probably dozens more just like her working for his company. I would have rather seen him give raises across the board or hire more help to ease the strain on other employees. Instead this one girls reaps the benefit of being the lucky one he had face to face with, what about the ones he doesn't see?
If Jaclyn is the one he took off hourly and put on salary he didn't do her any favors.

She will now be expected to work longer hours...and if she figures it out monetarily that means she won't really get a raise.

She really needed a raise and an assistant...

Old 02-12-2010, 08:21 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,155,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
If Jaclyn is the one he took off hourly and put on salary he didn't do her any favors.

She will now be expected to work longer hours...and if she figures it out monetarily that means she won't really get a raise.

She really needed a raise and an assistant...
She got both. Didn't you watch the end?

She hired TWO assistants AND got a raise. That was previously.

She's NOW a customer service manager. She no longer works on the site she was at during the show.

Old 02-12-2010, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorthDallas View Post
The Hooters manager said, "If you want to go home early, you'll play my reindeer games" and then it showed the waitresses eating off plates face first without their hands.
I saw that commercial. You KNOW that manager will be fired.

There's no way the CEO can keep him on with it being on tape. Otherwise, Hooters would be in for unlimited lawsuits since there's proof the CEO knew about it and did nothing.

Can't wait to watch on Sunday just to see the sleeze ball get fired!

Old 02-12-2010, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
I really liked the show, but, agree that it might get old quickly. It was too much that every one previewed had such a story,
It's no accident they all had compelling stories. The show's producers do their homework before they send each CEO to different locations. They claim they are filming a different type of show so that's how they are able to set the stage without people knowing. I don't think it's scripted since they didn't hide when employees recognized him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
and did anyone else notice that after the woman clocked back in, so as to not be docked, she went right back in the lunchroom, and continued to finish her meal while she was on the clock? I haven't heard this mentioned anywhere. I kept waiting for Larry to bring that up, but, he never did.
I noticed. I was thinking the same thing. That particular worker had the worst attitude of them all. But Larry had to take the manager to task for docking double time for any minute late. It wasn't corporate policy, and it's against the law.

Old 02-14-2010, 03:09 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,261,102 times
Wouldn't the fact that a person being followed around by a video camera sort of tip off the employees that something is going on? They should have figured another way to do this with hidden cameras. The quality wouldn't be as good.....but it would be more realistic.

Old 02-14-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Wouldn't the fact that a person being followed around by a video camera sort of tip off the employees that something is going on? They should have figured another way to do this with hidden cameras. The quality wouldn't be as good.....but it would be more realistic.
They made up some sort of excuse---like it was a construction worker being filmed at his first day at work in a new career. I agree that it would be more realistic if the workers didn't know they were being filmed. However, I was surprised at how nasty some of the workers were even though they knew the were on camera. That woman in the recycling plant was one miserable woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV