Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2008, 09:15 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times

Advertisements

any of the 4 would have been fine with me but Joshua was the front runner.....finally I got one right
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2008, 09:31 AM

2,588 posts, read 5,432,556 times
Well, he seemed so sweet that I just can't possibly begrudge him that win. So, I'm happy with the final result. Since Will got the boot, I had been rooting for Katee, but she still gets the tour and a nice chunk of change. Both winners. Really, the whole group going on tour are winners. I'm just sad that I can't go see the tour. Maybe next year.

Old 08-09-2008, 10:58 PM

889 posts, read 2,406,927 times
So so glad Joshua won! The most deserved reality show winner in a long time!

Old 11-07-2008, 05:56 PM

1 posts, read 967 times
we have also the first season in holland of so you think you can dance. I love it!! and we're at the liveshows rightnow. This vid is from a guy, timor. He's amazing and a very popular guy in the liveshowsThis is his audition
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH1_PmBWSgM&feature=related]YouTube - The Bomb[/url]

Old 06-21-2009, 09:47 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,836,462 times
Default Dance Your ### Off

Dance Your ### Off premieres June 29th on the Oxygen network. I guess you'd classify it as a cross between "Biggest Loser" and "So You Think You Can Dance" -- 12 contestants who weigh (combined) nearly 3,000 pounds are paired with professional dancers and then perform routines for judges.

The goal, purportedly, is to lose weight through dancing but I don't know -- it just seems terribly exploitive. Is the audience going to watch to cheer on their favorites, or simply to make fun of these obese people dancing (oftentimes in skimpy outfits) on national TV?

Old 06-21-2009, 11:13 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeezeboxgal View Post
Dance Your ### Off premieres June 29th on the Oxygen network. I guess you'd classify it as a cross between "Biggest Loser" and "So You Think You Can Dance" -- 12 contestants who weigh (combined) nearly 3,000 pounds are paired with professional dancers and then perform routines for judges.

The goal, purportedly, is to lose weight through dancing but I don't know -- it just seems terribly exploitive. Is the audience going to watch to cheer on their favorites, or simply to make fun of these obese people dancing (oftentimes in skimpy outfits) on national TV?
I'm so tired of these ads and I wish they would have chosen a better name for the show my son (the human parrot) said it the other day so now I'm trying to make sure to avoid Oxygen while he's awake, which is hard because I love Snapped and the old Roseanne reruns

Old 06-22-2009, 06:55 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeezeboxgal View Post

That sounds like it could be a good show if its done well. I am a huge fan of The Biggest Loser and dont think I've ever seen an episode that didnt make me cry, so hopefully, this show will also do the same. It's probably more fun to lose the weight while dancing Paso Doble compared to having Jillian Michaels yelling and screaming in your face while on a treadmill.

The thing with dancing is that it can be an EXTREME workout even for people who are in fairly good shape. I just hope that everyone gets to stay on the show and not get voted off. I think it would be terrible to be voted off just because you cant dance.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:48 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I'm so tired of these ads and I wish they would have chosen a better name for the show my son (the human parrot) said it the other day so now I'm trying to make sure to avoid Oxygen while he's awake, which is hard because I love Snapped and the old Roseanne reruns
I'm in my 40's.. teen girl, adult son; no prude here...
I'm offended by the name.

Some of the things that are said on TV these days..
I was reading Parade or something, someone asked if the laws changed due to the language; it said it didn't but that they can't control stuff on cable.

It's not only cable; some of the words coming out of actors mouths is inappropriate. I shudder to think what we'll be watching/hearing in a few years.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:07 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,744,493 times
I saw a commercial for that show the other day and it bothered me as I was thinking it was a way for TV to exploit...........it is sad that TV has gotten to this point. It reminds me of a while back they had some show about You can look good naked or something like that.........talk about belittling people but what is wrong with the people that go on these shows.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:37 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,465,949 times
I think the premise of the show is good (remember how much weight the celebrities of DWTS lost?), but the name should have been different. Something like "Dance Thin" or "Dance Away the Pounds" or something along those lines would have been much better (I know, they're lame, but what I could come up with off the top of my head).

Last edited by senalj; 06-22-2009 at 08:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV