Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2010, 12:26 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,818,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
Exactly....that's what you can see when you look in "her" heart. She is a nice girl and pretty, but my question is why are you going to except a gift from someone, but then act as if you don't like that the same person who gave you a gift is flirting with you this whole time. If it is all business then keep it that way from the beginning Cheryl. Don't lead the guy on to believe you like him.

I think she should return the gifts she got if she is to get respect about her feelings that Chad is being too personal with her. I would return the gift if I felt I led someone on, and broke their heart.

Chad: if you happen to read this...lol...I feel you..I am a giving person too, but these cute women like Cheryl will take your gifts and judge you as if you are an enemy afterwards, so take it as a lesson learned man.
I agree.
Why can't "some" of these dancers keep it professional instead of allowing onlookers to believe that all that touchy feely dance and practicing leads to touchy feely off set?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 03:26 AM

363 posts, read 583,880 times
Excellent recap, baseballgal.

Not only were the judges very complimentary with very few criticisms, they also mentioned more than once, the previous dancing ability of the stars, and how Chad had no previous dancing experience, therefore Chad is what DWTS was/should be about. But he's being eaten alive by the other stars. He's the next one to go, IMO.

Re: Cheryl and the gifts. I agree, the gifts are too personal and should never have been accepted unless she wanted the relationship to go further. Return all the gifts except for the birthday present.

Erin and Maks - really lovey dovey, dontcha think? If they aren't carrying on after hours, they sure want people to think they are...and it's working.

Is it Tuesday night yet?

Old 05-18-2010, 06:15 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,254,510 times
Evan/Anna's Paso was one of if not the most amazing dance I've ever seen on the show!

'Nuff said

Old 05-18-2010, 09:34 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,997,917 times
I can see where it can be easy to slip into a more intimate arrangement with all the physicality and feeling the music. Also, people are thrown together for intense periods for months.
It doesn't do the show any good when the professionals seem to be lacking in professionalism.
A slip here and there can be tolerated, but it would be best if the intimate relationship were put off until the show was over.
I think Cheryl should never accept gifts from Chad unless she is seriously encouraging him. You just don't treat people the way I fear this thing may be going. Pity. I thought Cheryl was a sweet person, but she seems to be playing the guy.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:26 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,355,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballgal View Post
The Semi Finals

Erin V. Waltz was not very graceful, but the judges liked it and Maks is animated and happy.
I thought that pantsuit dress thingy was distracting. Pretty ice blue color though and nice updo, 9s. Erin calls Maks ‘babe’

Erin… Paso A really awful ‘You Got The Look†song and Len called her performance, a “Funky Monkey.†I thought it was pretty good, but 10 9 10? She has improved though

Nicole…. Arg Tango. As usual Derek’s choreography is other-worldly, as is his amazingly quick recovery from a neck injury. ( I honestly believe Derek concocted this in order to change the story from the usual Nicole meltdowns. Nice diversion Derek )
Carrie Ann is moved to tears 10’s

Nicole..Cha Cha’s with a chair. That’s right a prop. Len hates that right? And no actual cha cha. Len hates that too, right? And a Prince song, Kiss. She is dressed all purply and looks a lot like Prince 10 9 10 Len showed her, didn’t he?

Chad… V. Waltz Typical Chad clunking around the floor, only with gentle arm movements. Cheryl drives him around like a lawnmower. Judges think he’s all that 9s

Chad …Samba He tries to distract us with nice abs. It took me a while to see it, but apparently there is no real criticism allowed tonight, because the judges are on the good drugs, and everyone is The Cat’s Meow .
The end was laugh out loud goofy. Chad looked like he was running away from us, barefoot, on hot coals. 8 8 9

Evan Foxtrot…. Jazzy, bouncy, old fashioned, Fred Astaire fun. He got major air and a double twist. Wow Anna and Evan are so adorable together. They’ve grown into a great pairing. 10 9 10

Evan Paso...…. Seriously Mesmerizing….. Stunning. 12s....... kidding 10s

A fantastic show

Yes, a really good night to watch it all. Good recap!

I had to laugh at your comment that the judges were "on the good drugs" because I too thought they fell all over themselves making nice with Chad. I wasn't overly impressed with his dance -- Cheryl tries really really hard to make you watch HER instead, methinks -- and I think he's going home tonight for sure. Unless there's a surprise with Erin, who in any case I think gets booted next. (I realize at the start of the finale.) Finale just HAS to be between Evan and Nicole. I just can't guess how big Evan's Olympics fan base is...or Nicole's pop group fan base. Or if voters are also choosing the pro dancer, in the latter case Derek, more so than the "star."
I find Anna a bit smug and chilly so I'm not a fan of hers per se, though I think Evan did fabulous last night.

This late in the season I was a bit surprised at the little biographies of the remaining stars...almost like a sympathy plea for Chad and Erin in particular. What was the point? I could see it very early in the season if they did it for everyone, but it just felt off-kilter to me now.

Old 05-18-2010, 02:14 PM

540 posts, read 1,330,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo_in_reverse View Post
Evan/Anna's Paso was one of if not the most amazing dance I've ever seen on the show!

'Nuff said
I had to go back and watch some of the details. It had so much.
I'm sure Evan's skating coach is impressed with Anna's coaching abilities, because that woman extracted an amazing combination of power and grace from Evan.

His solo piece was spectacular.

I've never seen any of the Twilight/Vampire stuff, but I'm guessing this Paso had something to do with it because of the staging and the Evanescence song. Just a guess. I could be way off.

I'm glad Len mentioned how difficult it is for a male celb to become the dominate one in a dance with the pro. The student must trade places with the teacher. Evan mastered it in the Paso.

I hope Anna uses her same magical powers next week in the freestyle dance and unleashes more of the awesome from Evan.

Someone edited Evan and Anna's Paso and put it up on youtube

YouTube - Evan Lysacek and Anna dance to Evanescence

Old 05-18-2010, 02:31 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,818,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballgal View Post
I had to go back and watch some of the details. It had so much.
I'm sure Evan's skating coach is impressed with Anna's coaching abilities, because that woman extracted an amazing combination of power and grace from Evan.

His solo piece was spectacular.

I've never seen any of the Twilight/Vampire stuff, but I'm guessing this Paso had something to do with it because of the staging and the Evanescence song. Just a guess. I could be way off.

I'm glad Len mentioned how difficult it is for a male celb to become the dominate one in a dance with the pro. The student must trade places with the teacher. Evan mastered it in the Paso.

I hope Anna uses her same magical powers next week in the freestyle dance and unleashes more of the awesome from Evan.

Someone edited Evan and Anna's Paso and put it up on youtube

YouTube - Evan Lysacek and Anna dance to Evanescence

THAT performance is THE best I have ever seen on this show!!!

Old 05-18-2010, 02:50 PM

18,951 posts, read 11,616,882 times
bbgal you rock! Excellent recap!

Sorry guys, though - still not feelin' Evan. Appreciate his technical ability and effort but the lack of connection really gets to me.

Good lord, Chad's body! I'm usually not the ogler type but man, oh, man - he has a beautiful bod.

Old 05-18-2010, 04:27 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,236,915 times
I tuned in again last night and was rewarded by great dancing! Chad's dancing seemed to have improved somewhat. Evan was the bomb! He really looked like he was enjoying himself last night. Max made a big boo-boo at the end of one of the dances. I wonder if it will cost him? I wouldn't be upset to see either him or Chad go tonight.

Great recap, bbg.

Old 05-19-2010, 12:23 AM

15,927 posts, read 8,147,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
bbgal you rock! Excellent recap!

Sorry guys, though - still not feelin' Evan. Appreciate his technical ability and effort but the lack of connection really gets to me.

Good lord, Chad's body! I'm usually not the ogler type but man, oh, man - he has a beautiful bod.
Ditto on BBGal's re-cap! And Toosie's comment on Evan's lack of connection, and Chad's beautiful bod.

But was anyone but me totally swooning over Max's Dad??? Hot Child in the City!!! WTH???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV