Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2010, 11:47 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,259,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liondandy View Post
Yep, I agree, sometimes they do hang on much too long.

Naw, I'd rather see someone like Kelly Osborne taken from a non-dancer and transformed into a ballroom dancer.
Cloris Leachman was a prime example.

I really enjoyed watching Kelly transform herself. In addition to the dancing skills she gained, she also blossomed from a self-doubting girl to a confident woman. That to me was the most fun part of watching her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 02:13 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,189,060 times
So sad that niecey is gone she is very entertaining and she has fun at whtever she does . I dislike erin andrews I think she is a drama queen and enjoy attention a little too much . I think Maks tolerates her and will be really glad when this season is over for them . I really dont have a favorite at this point but I do think chad will be the next one to go .

Old 05-13-2010, 11:00 AM

449 posts, read 879,942 times
Exclamation Pamela anderson/dwts

Does anyone know the name of the song that was playing in DWTS when Pamela Anderson lost? I believe it was a song from the 70's or 80's, which was extremely popular.

What was the name of the group that played it? Thanking you in advance,

Old 05-13-2010, 11:44 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,259,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda Sebastian View Post
Does anyone know the name of the song that was playing in DWTS when Pamela Anderson lost? I believe it was a song from the 70's or 80's, which was extremely popular.

What was the name of the group that played it? Thanking you in advance,
Pamela & Damian24 (8,8,8)Waltz"At This Moment"—Billy & the Beaters

from Wikipedia

Old 05-14-2010, 10:29 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,245,351 times
I'd rather see somebody with no dancing experience bloom before our eyes myself. I really enjoyed Kelly last season for that fact alone. I have learned a lot about ball room dancing where I never would have if this show wasn't on. So I appreciate much more how much professional ball room dancers put into their art form.

I hope Shannon Daughtery has learned a valuable life lesson since she was the first voted off. She did have more skills/ablility than Buzz or Kate that should have kept her until at least they were voted off. But she has burned so many bridges in the Hollywood area that her fan base is next to nil. But I wonder if she puts that together that how she treats or treated people can affect you later in life?

Pam had more dancing skills much to my surprise than Neicy or Chad. I don't care who wins now because the top 3 have had way to much advantage from the jump over all the rest.

Old 05-16-2010, 07:33 PM

449 posts, read 879,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo_in_reverse View Post
Pamela & Damian24 (8,8,8)Waltz"At This Moment"—Billy & the Beaters

from Wikipedia
I am placing you #1 in my Angel's List. You have no idea how happy you have made me. I love that song, but I had forgotten its name. Thank you so very much.....................

Old 05-17-2010, 08:28 AM

12,406 posts, read 19,026,525 times
There are some personalities who are 'on' all the time, that is, having a 'show' personality that pops up whenever attention turns to them. I disliked Pam's outdated and unnecessary 'sex kitten' posing and sometimes Niecy is just too loud and tries too hard to be too cute. She actually seems like a lovely person and people will like her just as much and maybe more if she is not pushing herself on them.

What's with Cheryl? First she's complaining that Chad is inappropriately flirty with her and the next minute she is receiving expensive gifts from him.

Old 05-17-2010, 04:59 PM

540 posts, read 1,332,578 times
Tonight, 2 dances each couple

Chad and Cheryl drew the Samba and the Viennese Waltz

Chad is obsessed with tweeting. I learned he went to the movies alone. Oh whoa is him. He wants to know why he can't find a good woman. And by good, he means 'someone who knows all my football stats, without having to look them up on the computer' and 'someone to nurse my aches and pains' ' He blathers endlessly..'wake up' 'what are y'all doing'....'how come we always choose the girl who with us for the wrong reason and look over the ones that are right for you'?'Everything is totally awesome in my world but I am single, I ain't finest in the world but I'm ok to look at at a certain angle #justsayin'... 'I'm stupid hungry'...

BTW, 6 of his football buddies will be in the audience to support him tonight, at no cost to them

Nicole and Derek drew the Argentine Tango and Cha-Cha.

Derek wants us to know that Nicole is a barrel of laughs, and not a chronic self-absorbed hand wringer, with hourly meltdowns, as the producers unfairly portray her.

Erin and Maks will dance the Paso Doble and the Viennese Waltz
Maks tweets 'Why not us'? and that he and Erin dance first tonight

Evan and Anna will dance Paso Doble and Foxtrot. Anna tweets they dance last and show is 1.5 hrs tonight.
They worked with a famous guest choreographer,Travis Will

Did y'all know that Anna is married to another DWTS pro, Jonathon Roberts and they own a dance studio? He was partners with Rachael Hunter, Heather Mills, Marie Osmond and Monica Seles.

Jake tweets that he and his g/f go out to dinner at Nobu...blah, blah blah. The guy can't let go

Brooke tweets that she is so happy hubby is home, and news flash...'he just took out the trash'..

Damien tweets 'practicing with Pam'

Edyta tweets 'Going to practice with Alec. We have a performance tomorrow at the private event. The weather is gloomy, it's hard to motivate ourselves'

Old 05-17-2010, 11:35 PM

540 posts, read 1,332,578 times
The Semi Finals

Erin V. Waltz was not very graceful, but the judges liked it and Maks is animated and happy.
I thought that pantsuit dress thingy was distracting. Pretty ice blue color though and nice updo, 9s. Erin calls Maks ‘babe’

Erin… Paso A really awful ‘You Got The Look” song and Len called her performance, a “Funky Monkey.” I thought it was pretty good, but 10 9 10? She has improved though

Nicole…. Arg Tango. As usual Derek’s choreography is other-worldly, as is his amazingly quick recovery from a neck injury. ( I honestly believe Derek concocted this in order to change the story from the usual Nicole meltdowns. Nice diversion Derek )
Carrie Ann is moved to tears 10’s

Nicole..Cha Cha’s with a chair. That’s right a prop. Len hates that right? And no actual cha cha. Len hates that too, right? And a Prince song, Kiss. She is dressed all purply and looks a lot like Prince 10 9 10 Len showed her, didn’t he?

Chad… V. Waltz Typical Chad clunking around the floor, only with gentle arm movements. Cheryl drives him around like a lawnmower. Judges think he’s all that 9s

Chad …Samba He tries to distract us with nice abs. It took me a while to see it, but apparently there is no real criticism allowed tonight, because the judges are on the good drugs, and everyone is The Cat’s Meow .
The end was laugh out loud goofy. Chad looked like he was running away from us, barefoot, on hot coals. 8 8 9

Evan Foxtrot…. Jazzy, bouncy, old fashioned, Fred Astaire fun. He got major air and a double twist. Wow Anna and Evan are so adorable together. They’ve grown into a great pairing. 10 9 10

Evan Paso...…. Seriously Mesmerizing….. Stunning. 12s....... kidding 10s

A fantastic show

Last edited by baseballgal; 05-17-2010 at 11:56 PM..

Old 05-17-2010, 11:48 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,806,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
What's with Cheryl? First she's complaining that Chad is inappropriately flirty with her and the next minute she is receiving expensive gifts from him.

Exactly....that's what you can see when you look in "her" heart. She is a nice girl and pretty, but my question is why are you going to except a gift from someone, but then act as if you don't like that the same person who gave you a gift is flirting with you this whole time. If it is all business then keep it that way from the beginning Cheryl. Don't lead the guy on to believe you like him.

I think she should return the gifts she got if she is to get respect about her feelings that Chad is being too personal with her. I would return the gift if I felt I led someone on, and broke their heart.

Chad: if you happen to read this...lol...I feel you..I am a giving person too, but these cute women like Cheryl will take your gifts and judge you as if you are an enemy afterwards, so take it as a lesson learned man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV