Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2009, 11:58 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Yep now it's time to say good-bye and thanks for letting me tagging along with ya all. I won't say I will "never" watch HK again but I can't say I will either. So don't be surprised if I pop into another thread with ya all. Nice meeting you all as well.
Hey Jax - I just sent you a friend request and it says something about only being accessible to friends. Would ya add me? Please???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2009, 12:29 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,188,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Hey Jax - I just sent you a friend request and it says something about only being accessible to friends. Would ya add me? Please???
Ask and it is done.

Old 05-15-2009, 07:31 AM

1,747 posts, read 3,012,414 times
Congratulations to Danny. He wasn't my choice of the two but no sour grapes (hehe foodie joke). Do you think they'll do some sort of follow-up to show how he transforms the restaurant in The Borgata? Please, no plastic fish on the walls.

I'd imagine he'll get something of a personal makeover, too. As I said before, he's not a bad looking guy and I'll bet he could be cleaned up quite nicely. I hope he keeps the hair. it just needs a good trim and some conditioning and it'll be good to go (covered in a hairnet while cooking).

I wonder if they can instill a little humility. "I'm a freakin' prodigy!!!" Ok, I get it; he's young and he's accomplished quite a bit, but that statement just rubbed me the wrong way. I'm not looking for him to hide his light under a bushel. He's done quite well and is justifiably proud of his accomplishments. I just wish he'd reel back a bit of the cocky. It's not classy.

As for the rest of them? Only LA came out looking good. Madam was a hot mess. Gio had a seriously bad attitude (did you notice how he couldn't/wouldn't call Danny "Chef"). Blowhard Ben took 90% of the credit (did you expect anything less?). Carol seemed like dead weight. And Lazey... oi. Cute new hair, same ugly attitude. What a shame.

Oh well, it's been grand fun, everyone! Like Twinkle, I'm looking forward to the start of SYTYCD (love Mary's laugh!). Hope to see you there!

Old 05-15-2009, 07:42 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,532,538 times
Danny's team must have cooked godly food because he certainly didn't win it with his Dining room design. It was awful and pittyful. Paula's was superb. The outcome made no sense.

Old 05-15-2009, 07:48 AM

8,804 posts, read 10,244,782 times
it's been fun chatting with you all on here. Come back soon, you silly cows

Old 05-15-2009, 09:22 AM

9,718 posts, read 6,416,916 times
Well my foodie friends June 7th starts the next food network star. I just started a new post if your interested in joining me over there. Cocktails and snacks will be served

Old 05-15-2009, 11:34 AM

1,111 posts, read 4,638,942 times
Congrats to Danny! I think Paula should've won based on the performance, but I guess the patrons "liked" the food from Danny better. Although both would've been good, I think Paula should have won. Her restaurant looked much nicer (seriously, plastic fishies stuck to the wall by metal rods?!?) and was a stronger performer overall. The supporting staff all suck but we all know by know that they were selected for a purpose. It's all for good entertainment, not for good sous chefs.

Now onto Top Chef Masters....

Old 05-15-2009, 12:39 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,188,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danameless View Post
Now onto Top Chef Masters....
Is this going to be a show? When does it start please?

I wonder if the ones that got booted "had" to be there after hearing Gio. He said something along the lines of I wouldn't be here if I didn't have to be.

Old 05-15-2009, 03:09 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,166,056 times
Top Chef is having a show with REAL chefs. And boy oh boy, imagine if you can, how they will take criticism. Should be interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Is this going to be a show? When does it start please?

I wonder if the ones that got booted "had" to be there after hearing Gio. He said something along the lines of I wouldn't be here if I didn't have to be.

Old 05-15-2009, 05:17 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,915,570 times
OK, that's over. Not thrilled with the winner, but it could have been worse. The right two made the finals anyway. I think that criteria for selecting a winner is flawed.

A head chef is bound to surround themselves with competence before going public. These six people brought back to help were basically a disaster waiting to happen. Lazy didn't care, Carol had a rough go of it, Ben was all talk and no delivery (as usual), Gio wasn't too bad, LA gave it a go, and Madam's heart was in the right place even though her talent just isn't there. Now if Danny & Paula had a week to train these guys on how their kitchen will work and practice cook the menu, then the teams can be held accountable.

With that being said, taking the finalists away from the design phase of their dining rooms also took away from the ability to judge the real winner. Yes, it appears Paula won that part hands down, but their families made some key decorating decisions on their behalf.

But either way, it was a fun season and I enjoyed chatting with you all about it each week. Have a great summer! See you again for HK6, if not before!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV