Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2010, 08:16 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,543,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
This indignation is all pretty funny, this show is and always will be a popularity contest. IMO however, Brandy was not the best dancer, Jennifer is and has been since her first dance.
Many people would beg to differ. Jennifer AND Brandy were both at the top and are beautiful dancers. That should have been the showdown. I would have been happy if either of those two won it.

The fact that Bristol Palin has bested Brandy, Audrina, Kurt and Rick Fox is a slap in the face to the competition. The backroom voter shenanigans have left a very bad taste in the mouths of many.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2010, 08:19 AM

363 posts, read 583,444 times
Gobsmacked!! Absolutely gobsmacked.

Can not believe Brandy was voted off before Bristol. If the phone system was problematic, as some of you claim, then wouldn't it be best for ABC to admit there was a phone/voting problem and have all four stars in the finals?

For those of you who are saying Bristol should bow out gracefully, just how is she supposed to do that? Tongues would be wagging about how she's a quitter, just like her mother. The only way Bristol could keep from being in the position she's now in was to decline ABC's offer to do the show in the first place. But who is fool enough to turn down all that money?

I do not want Jennifer to win, however, of the remaining contestants, she is the best dancer. And don't forget, Derek has his own fan base.

Kyle, Kyle, Kyle....still hasn't lost any weight and Lacey looks horrible as a blonde. I'd rather they win over Jennifer and Derek.

ABC got just what they wanted....controversary and ratings. No different from having Kate Gosselin on last season....pique courioisty and increase ratings. It's a ratings game, don't you know.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:27 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,600,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Wasting time trying to make a political conspiracy out of one young girl in a dance contest seems......silly. Lord knows our country has much bigger problems that need to be addressed.
I think a lot of people here agree with your second point. But their question is - why bother using political clout to rig a silly dance contest?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetie Pie View Post
I didn't like the results of last night's show, but hey I didn't vote, so I can't complain.
Hey, I don't vote for TV contests either - but I still have an opinion

I think that other thread should be merged with this one - essentially, it's a duplicate thread so its silly to have the same conversation happening in two threads within the same sub-forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Many people would beg to differ. Jennifer AND Brandy were both at the top and are beautiful dancers. That should have been the showdown. I would have been happy if either of those two won it.

The fact that Bristol Palin has bested Brandy, Audrina, Kurt and Rick Fox is a slap in the face to the competition. The backroom voter shenanigans have left a very bad taste in the mouths of many.
I agree that Jennifer and Brandy were the two best dancers - and that Jennifer is not the clear best of the bunch. In fact, I think Brandy surpasses her - IMO, Brandy improved more than Jen did and reveals more lyricality and fluidity of movement.

IMO, Brandy and Odd 'should' have stayed longer than Bristol did. As for Kurt and Rick - to me it's pretty much up a toss up that all three should have gone and it didn't really matter in what order.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:30 AM

107 posts, read 240,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liondandy View Post
Gobsmacked!! Absolutely gobsmacked.

Can not believe Brandy was voted off before Bristol. If the phone system was problematic, as some of you claim, then wouldn't it be best for ABC to admit there was a phone/voting problem and have all four stars in the finals?

For those of you who are saying Bristol should bow out gracefully, just how is she supposed to do that? Tongues would be wagging about how she's a quitter, just like her mother. The only way Bristol could keep from being in the position she's now in was to decline ABC's offer to do the show in the first place. But who is fool enough to turn down all that money?

I do not want Jennifer to win, however, of the remaining contestants, she is the best dancer. And don't forget, Derek has his own fan base.

Kyle, Kyle, Kyle....still hasn't lost any weight and Lacey looks horrible as a blonde. I'd rather they win over Jennifer and Derek.

ABC got just what they wanted....controversary and ratings. No different from having Kate Gosselin on last season....pique courioisty and increase ratings. It's a ratings game, don't you know.
I didn't see Bristol drop any pounds, either. Her weight is not exactly attractive in some of those outfits, though the wardrobe department has made some questionable/unattractive outfits for more than one contestant, and not just this season. But you shouldn't criticize Kyle not losing weight when Bristol obviously didn't shed any either. Some do, some don't. I don't consider weight an issue, I'd rather watch for a shining personality and skill. Kyle displays both.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:31 AM

102 posts, read 219,528 times
The logical side of me wants Kyle to win, but the Cynical side says let Bristol win. Bristol being in the finals is such a joke. Since this is a popularity contest and not a real dance competition, I would like to see this joke carried out to it's logical conclusion. I am voting for Bristol. I really would like for for Jennifer and Kyle to bow out or choose not practice really hard and perform at Bristol's level. What is the point? It is no longer about talent. Just popularity (well Mama Palin's popularity any way) . Why waste your energy on competing against STIFF Bristol? Just give it to her and be done with this season.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:38 AM

17,427 posts, read 14,668,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
This link tells the whole story. Palin's supporters have actually organized a campaign and are telling the people how to cheat the vote.

Totally disgusting. Unbelievable. and...........and..................... ....!

Democratic Underground - How Tea Party's "Operation Bristol" is Cheating The DWTS Voting System - Democratic Underground
LOL!

I fully believe that Vote for the Worst has much more input than the link you've posted.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:44 AM

363 posts, read 583,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnMist View Post
I didn't see Bristol drop any pounds, either. Her weight is not exactly attractive in some of those outfits, though the wardrobe department has made some questionable/unattractive outfits for more than one contestant, and not just this season. But you shouldn't criticize Kyle not losing weight when Bristol obviously didn't shed any either. Some do, some don't. I don't consider weight an issue, I'd rather watch for a shining personality and skill. Kyle displays both.
It's all tongue-in-cheek. Since I don't post much, and a lot of posting has happened recently, you've missed my earlier comments about weight loss.

People expected Bristol to lose her baby fat yet very few mention weight loss by Kyle. Double standards...Women are supposed to be trim and skinny while it's OK for men to be fat and sloppy. Just my opinion, of course.

So, do you think ABC should admit there might have been a voting problem and allow all 4 contestants compete in the finals?

Old 11-17-2010, 08:48 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,283,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post

People can beg to differ all they want, when it comes to dancing, Jennifer was and is the better dancer. This is not a competition, I don't care how many people call it that, it has and always will be a popularity contest, and for whatever reason Bristol is the one getting the votes.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:48 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,765,482 times
Let me guess....teabaggers found a way to keep free Willey on the show. This is getting ridiculous.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:55 AM

93 posts, read 164,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz99 View Post
The logical side of me wants Kyle to win, but the Cynical side says let Bristol win. Bristol being in the finals is such a joke. Since this is a popularity contest and not a real dance competition, I would like to see this joke carried out to it's logical conclusion. I am voting for Bristol. I really would like for for Jennifer and Kyle to bow out or choose not practice really hard and perform at Bristol's level. What is the point? It is no longer about talent. Just popularity (well Mama Palin's popularity any way) . Why waste your energy on competing against STIFF Bristol? Just give it to her and be done with this season.
This is the other aspect of it now too. There are some people that think it's so ridiculous that she's in the final that they want to see to the whole thing play out, making it a farce.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV