Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 07:11 PM

1 posts, read 2,000 times

Advertisements

i just wanted to know for the record, is there some type of prize for being "100%" because, some of you are really fighting hard for it! look, it is what it is, puerto rico is a melding pot. without this mixture of culture the world would be far less interesting, what would the 100%ers have to argue about. lol...and if you must know, not only am i a "black puerto rican," but i am a sociologist as well. i also find it odd that you don't see as many people declaring 100% black...hmmm...sounds like assimilation issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 04:11 PM

950 posts, read 1,522,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolón View Post
-----

John

If you can't trace all your family to Europe, you are a suspect under the "one drop rule". I know PR's that totally descend from recent European migration.

In Europe, all Americans are judged by the same law you're applying here. I can trace my family to the Middle Ages, but you don't know where you came from or if your ancestors were Blacks or Indians.

For that, you would need a DNA test and you have 30 percent probability of coming out smoked.

Apart from that, in Europe we don't have Polish-Irish-Armenian-Italian-Turks-Russian-English-French-Comanche, that's an Anglo, but not an European.

You must remember that 28 percent of "White Americans" have Indian blood and 21 percent of "White Americans" have Subsaharan blood.
Among the small percentage White Americans who have some African ancestry, the average African admixture is only 2%, so it has zero effect on their phenotypes.

Your average average Puerto Rican has a hell of a lot more than 2% African admixture. The genetic studies I have seen on the ancestry of Puerto Ricans, the average Puerto Rican is basically a Quadroon.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:10 AM

686 posts, read 1,704,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Blood View Post
Among the small percentage White Americans who have some African ancestry, the average African admixture is only 2%, so it has zero effect on their phenotypes.

Your average average Puerto Rican has a hell of a lot more than 2% African admixture. The genetic studies I have seen on the ancestry of Puerto Ricans, the average Puerto Rican is basically a Quadroon.

And the PR's native blood comes pretty close to the level of African admixture as well.

Old 12-17-2011, 03:34 AM

1 posts, read 1,661 times
Default puerto rican

I am Puerto Rican, was born there. I am white skin dark hair and hv bn confused for Italian, hut my nose is too small... my great grandfather was from Spain and his wife was a Taina indian from P.R. same with my dads grandparents... I burn in the sun like a "white" person would and I do consider myself to b very attractive. So does my Italian boyfriend....

Old 12-18-2011, 05:34 AM

2,226 posts, read 5,127,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Blood View Post

-----

28 percent of Anglos have black markers.
About 30 to 35 of Anglos have Indian markers.
So about one third of all "Anglos" are watered down mestizo or mulattoes or both.
Anglo is an American invention, nothing to do with Europe. Anglos includes many people not considered white in Western Europe.
Puerto Rico experienced a important recent immigration from Spain and France (Corsica), they are recent European immigrants and can trace their families to europe, just like some Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories