Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2010, 09:11 AM

107 posts, read 159,918 times

Advertisements

any news on republicans and democrats making a new bill solely on unemployment benefits? post it if there is..you'd think there be news by electives working on one after yesterday..thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 09:17 AM

600 posts, read 1,074,528 times
I can't find the article that I read (because honestly, there were a ton posted yesterday), but in one of them, it said that basically nothing would happen with looking into any other ideas until after the July 4th holiday break. From what I understand, the Senate is using next week to push through some smaller pieces of legislation and to wind down for the holiday.

That doesn't mean that anything is dead and there will be no further discussion.

Old 06-25-2010, 01:25 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekAnthony View Post
Right! And how will we look as a Nation Celebrating OUR INDEPENDENCE DAY as more millions of our own citizens lose benefits??? Scum! We dont even help our own kind... I honestly wonder how many are really going to lose their homes as the Nation Vacations until July 12.

Sad, very sad. I will not celebrate this year for the first time in 30 years, I am not proud of whats going on here at home....

"We as Americans" Huh?
Do you think this will change? Do you have faith?

Old 06-25-2010, 01:45 PM

117 posts, read 218,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekAnthony View Post
Right! And how will we look as a Nation Celebrating OUR INDEPENDENCE DAY as more millions of our own citizens lose benefits??? Scum! We dont even help our own kind... I honestly wonder how many are really going to lose their homes as the Nation Vacations until July 12.

Sad, very sad. I will not celebrate this year for the first time in 30 years, I am not proud of whats going on here at home....

"We as Americans" Huh?
I Agree!!!!!! Great Post!!!

4th of July is my 3 year anniversary of buying my house .....
& I am 3 house payments behind!!

Old 06-25-2010, 02:00 PM

377 posts, read 588,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrox311 View Post
I can't find the article that I read (because honestly, there were a ton posted yesterday), but in one of them, it said that basically nothing would happen with looking into any other ideas until after the July 4th holiday break. From what I understand, the Senate is using next week to push through some smaller pieces of legislation and to wind down for the holiday.

That doesn't mean that anything is dead and there will be no further discussion.
Yeah, we'll see what happens. Immediately after the vote one of the Democrat Senators said they wanted to wait until after July 4 because they all felt like they wanted the dust to settle a little. I just had to laugh.

Maybe they want a break, but I don't think any of us here care about dust settling. We want to eat. Eat first, settle dust later.

If they are serious about passing stand-alone UB (which right now seems to be the unanimous desire of just about everyone--except the democrats) you could have this done today. It's not complicated.

Old 06-25-2010, 02:47 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,289,826 times
Not happening, Unemployment extension bill fails « Minnesota Independent: News. Politics. Media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment