Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2014, 02:54 PM

1 posts, read 5,206 times

Advertisements

I was terminated from my job on 01/14/2014 for "not being a good fit for the position" (I was being bullied/harassed by my team leader, and it affected my job performance--I did notify management but nothing helped. I also was never written-up nor did I sign anything). I was within my first 90 days on the job. My manager did tell me that I am eligible to file for unemployment. I filed my unemployment claim right away. I received multiple notices from the dept. of labor. I received a notice letting me know the amount of my weekly benefit rate. I received notification that I was scheduled for a non-monetary claims examiner interview on 01/31 stating that "You may have quit your job..." (I had quit my previous job to start the job I was just terminated from--which was straightened out with the claims examiner). The 3rd document I received was when I could claim my benefits.

I was informed that I would need to claim my benefits for the first time on 01/29/2014, which I did. I listed the amount of money I had earned from my previous employer for the 11 hours I worked between 01/13/14 and 01/1/14. When I had claimed my benefits (for the weeks ending on 01/18, and 01/25), I received a notification stating my claim is not payable at this time. I'm assuming that is because I claimed my benefits before my claims examiner interview? When is the next time I claim my benefits? Would I claim the period of 01/26-02/01 this Sunday the 2nd? On the form it says after I claim my benefits for the first time, I will need to start claiming my benefits every week. What day of the week? I am so confused, and the unemployment line has 3+ hour wait.

I had my claims examiner interview today. I was informed that I would receive notification of whether I was approved or denied within a week. I went to check the status of my claim (first time ever) and it said my claim has been pended. Does this mean that they are making a decision pertaining to my claim based upon my interview with the claims examiner?

If I am approved for my unemployment benefits, will they pay me for the weeks of 01/18 & 01/25 that I wasn't able to get paid for at the time I had claimed them? Also if approved, when will I be paid my benefits?

I appreciate any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2014, 05:18 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
You claim again this Sunday, online, and keep claiming every Sunday. If system doesn't allow you to claim, claim next Sunday.

The pending status should change in the next two weeks, and you will be paid shortly thereafter.

NJ will pay you retro for all the weeks you've claimed if it decides in your favor.

Meanwhile, keep claiming.

Old 02-08-2014, 02:48 PM

1 posts, read 5,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashuuums View Post
I was terminated from my job on 01/14/2014 for "not being a good fit for the position" (I was being bullied/harassed by my team leader, and it affected my job performance--I did notify management but nothing helped. I also was never written-up nor did I sign anything). I was within my first 90 days on the job. My manager did tell me that I am eligible to file for unemployment. I filed my unemployment claim right away. I received multiple notices from the dept. of labor. I received a notice letting me know the amount of my weekly benefit rate. I received notification that I was scheduled for a non-monetary claims examiner interview on 01/31 stating that "You may have quit your job..." (I had quit my previous job to start the job I was just terminated from--which was straightened out with the claims examiner). The 3rd document I received was when I could claim my benefits.

I was informed that I would need to claim my benefits for the first time on 01/29/2014, which I did. I listed the amount of money I had earned from my previous employer for the 11 hours I worked between 01/13/14 and 01/1/14. When I had claimed my benefits (for the weeks ending on 01/18, and 01/25), I received a notification stating my claim is not payable at this time. I'm assuming that is because I claimed my benefits before my claims examiner interview? When is the next time I claim my benefits? Would I claim the period of 01/26-02/01 this Sunday the 2nd? On the form it says after I claim my benefits for the first time, I will need to start claiming my benefits every week. What day of the week? I am so confused, and the unemployment line has 3+ hour wait.

I had my claims examiner interview today. I was informed that I would receive notification of whether I was approved or denied within a week. I went to check the status of my claim (first time ever) and it said my claim has been pended. Does this mean that they are making a decision pertaining to my claim based upon my interview with the claims examiner?

If I am approved for my unemployment benefits, will they pay me for the weeks of 01/18 & 01/25 that I wasn't able to get paid for at the time I had claimed them? Also if approved, when will I be paid my benefits?

I appreciate any help!
I was term dec 22. I had to flee my home following domestic violence. I filed for unemployment on dec 22, 2013. My interview was not until jan 29, 2014. I faxed them proof of termination because my employer acknowledged my domestic violence but said I was not eligible for fmla. I had documented physical injuries with police dept.

The interviewer told me to continue to claim benefits on line though they still are not playable. My claim status still says Pended.

I am now being evicted because my rent is two months late. Why is it taking nj so long to pay on my claim considering my employer gave them written proof they termed me following domestic violence and I was ineligible for fmla, and the police report I also faxed them with the letter from my employer?

It's now feb 7, 2014 and claim still is Pended on line

I really don't know who to call or contact because customer service does not return calls.

Old 02-08-2014, 03:42 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope floats View Post
I was term dec 22. I had to flee my home following domestic violence. I filed for unemployment on dec 22, 2013. My interview was not until jan 29, 2014. I faxed them proof of termination because my employer acknowledged my domestic violence but said I was not eligible for fmla. I had documented physical injuries with police dept.

The interviewer told me to continue to claim benefits on line though they still are not playable. My claim status still says Pended.

I am now being evicted because my rent is two months late. Why is it taking nj so long to pay on my claim considering my employer gave them written proof they termed me following domestic violence and I was ineligible for fmla, and the police report I also faxed them with the letter from my employer?

It's now feb 7, 2014 and claim still is Pended on line

I really don't know who to call or contact because customer service does not return calls.
Email your New Jersey state representatives. Explain your situation. You will have a resolution in under a week.

New Jersey Legislature - Districts by Number

Old 03-12-2022, 07:55 AM

9 posts, read 3,268 times
So I was just fired from my job on 3/7/21 Monday. No reason but not a good fit and was not meeting their number metrics after being there a year. I opened a claim that day but am confused as to if I need to certify on Sunday this or wait. I thought I saw something on NJDOL that said need to wait until Wed the 17th to then certify. Cant check claim statues as they are swamped it says. I did get a confirmation number that the claim went through. So do I wait the week or so to certify? Also once they receive the claim how long is it taking to process now.

Old 03-18-2022, 04:35 AM

130 posts, read 222,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew19640 View Post
So I was just fired from my job on 3/7/21 Monday. No reason but not a good fit and was not meeting their number metrics after being there a year. I opened a claim that day but am confused as to if I need to certify on Sunday this or wait. I thought I saw something on NJDOL that said need to wait until Wed the 17th to then certify. Cant check claim statues as they are swamped it says. I did get a confirmation number that the claim went through. So do I wait the week or so to certify? Also once they receive the claim how long is it taking to process now.
You claim for the first times 17 days after the date of your claim. You’ll have to claim for an additional week too. So you’ll get two payments.

Check your claim status in your account and see what it says. If the next payable week section is empty they have to verify your ID.

Old 03-18-2022, 04:27 PM

9 posts, read 3,268 times
It lists a claim from 2016 when I log in. I tried to certify and it would not let me. I got thru on the phone and the rep said its because my claim is not in the system yet and it could take up to 4 weeks. Once in the system then can certify the back weeks. Makes no sense to me. i did a NY claim during the pandemic and had no issues.surprisingly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment