Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2010, 04:24 PM

377 posts, read 588,998 times

Advertisements

That makes it sound like they are taking tomorrow off. But it just means that as of today, they are facing their holiday without any successes. There is still the vote tomorrow night.

Old 06-30-2010, 04:26 PM

577 posts, read 1,759,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjca View Post
This is a DISCUSSION FORUM, not a blog, silly.

If all you want is updates, go to google and type in "senate unemployment extension" and hit refresh over and over again. That's what everyone else is doing.
I never said anything about a blog so I dont know where you got that from. Discussion forum is correct.... about the actual topic of the thread. This thread says "latest on unemployment extension bill" Does it not?? A lot of what you are posting is your own take on something or someone's agenda not the latest on the actual bills in the senate or house.

As far as multi-tasking.. yep I know exactly what it is......and actually if you read anything recently on job searching you'd know that "term" is actually not one that is looked at highly anymore...

As far as the latest on the actual topic... nothing going on right now on C-span...

Old 06-30-2010, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine728 View Post
I never said anything about a blog so I dont know where you got that from. Discussion forum is correct.... about the actual topic of the thread. This thread says "latest on unemployment extension bill" Does it not?? A lot of what you are posting is your own take on something or someone's agenda not the latest on the actual bills in the senate or house.
Life's tough. Learn to adjust.

Old 06-30-2010, 04:28 PM

Actually Debbie Stabenow is now speaking about the vote that will happen tomorrow at 5:30Pm

Old 06-30-2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn026 View Post
One notable absence in that article is the mention of Joseph Lieberman. He's still a senator right? Or are they still considering him a democrat? He is officially an independent.

Seems like an important person to mention.

Old 06-30-2010, 04:32 PM

600 posts, read 1,074,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine728 View Post

As far as multi-tasking.. yep I know exactly what it is......and actually if you read anything recently on job searching you'd know that "term" is actually not one that is looked at highly anymore...

As far as the latest on the actual topic... nothing going on right now on C-span...
Strange. Numerous jobs that I've sent in resumes for have that term in their job descriptions.

Although I don't list it in my resume verbatim, I have verbiage in it that gets the point across.

Off topic.....

but do you have a link concerning that? I'd like to read more and see why apparently that term is "out".

Old 06-30-2010, 04:35 PM

225 posts, read 546,658 times
They just said on CSPAN that they're moving the vote to tomorrow???!!!!

Old 06-30-2010, 04:35 PM

600 posts, read 1,074,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjca View Post
One notable absence in that article is the mention of Joseph Lieberman. He's still a senator right? Or are they still considering him a democrat? He is officially an independent.

Seems like an important person to mention.
Now is the time to start drilling these people with "Thank you" notes about how you hope they enjoy the holiday break while you figure out how you're going to get by.

Seriously, if everyone who posts here isn't contacting Congressmen/women on a regular basis until this gets passed, you're just as much a part of it failing as they are and I have no sympathy for you.

Old 06-30-2010, 04:38 PM

42 posts, read 58,956 times
Congress set to leave for recess without moving unemployment - The Hill's On The Money

Old 06-30-2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrox311 View Post
Strange. Numerous jobs that I've sent in resumes for have that term in their job descriptions.

Although I don't list it in my resume verbatim, I have verbiage in it that gets the point across.

Off topic.....

but do you have a link concerning that? I'd like to read more and see why apparently that term is "out".

I don't have a link handy but I did just see that again today in Yahoo Careers area when I was reading a bunch of articles on resume's and cover letters. I also was told this in two different classes I took from Lee Hecht Harrison a couple months ago. If you get the point across that you can multi-task.. that's good but using it as a keyword just lumps you in with the millions of others and doesnt set you apart at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment