Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2012, 10:57 PM

46 posts, read 224,741 times

Advertisements

Hi all, I appreciate any help/advice I can get in this matter.

I live in Georgia, and I was laid off from my full-time job due to "lack of work" on 10/5. I applied for UI that same day online, and attended the subsequent meeting required of me the next week to sign my affidavit and give them a copy of my separation notice.

I have also received a benefit determination letter and it was approved. I've been certifying on my assigned day ever since then but every time it says that my claim has not been paid. I called the GDOL center I'm assigned and they've told me that I need to keep certifying and my claims will be paid about 15 days after the date the letter was sent out. However, I still have a part-time job that I have been reporting the gross wages on (as required) and I am concerned that it is the cause of the delay. I plan to go in person tomorrow but I am so wound up about this (and worried) that I can't sleep, hence me posting about this now. Rent is due soon and I'm just on edge - does anybody know how long it really takes the Georgia Department of Labor to start direct deposit for weekly payments?

I am currently looking for a job (obviously, as I need to report all places I've applied to in order to certify) and I might even have something but even if I get hired tomorrow I'm going to not be making rent on time.

Thanks for taking the time out to read this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment