Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 09:47 AM

10 posts, read 16,106 times

Advertisements

UPDATE: I called into EDD this morning. The representative said that the request to place me on to Tier 3 was submitted on January 5th, and that it would take 24-48 hours (I assume business days) to process the request and find out if I qualify for Tier 3, and that they should know by tomorrow (Tuesday). I asked if I do indeed qualify for Tier 3, if I would be able to certify this Sunday, the 13th. She told me that if I do qualify, then I should be able to certify immediately because I was supposed to be able to certify last Sunday, the 6th.

She mentioned something that still has me a little confused. She said I didn't transition tiers automatically after my last payment (Dec. 22) because the deadline to apply for the next tier was Dec. 23rd. I then asked if my last payment was Dec. 22nd, shouldn't the application for the next tier have kicked in on Dec. 23rd, because if no new legislation was put in place, shouldn't I still have been paid for 12/23-12/29. She basically repeated herself when I asked that. I suppose that's water under the bridge as long as I'm able to file ASAP.

I did read elsewhere that someone had a similar situation as me (transitioning tiers with the last payment of the previous tier being Dec 22nd) except they were going from tier 1 to tier 2. They were supposedly able to file on Jan 6th. I guess it is a case-by-case basis, and they got to mine a little late, which is understandable, given the craziness that is probably going on at EDD this past week.

So, looks like the only thing I have to worry about is whether or not I qualify for Tier 3, and since I've done everything I'm supposed to, I'm hoping that I basically have nothing to worry about.

Thank you to those that have replied to this thread. If nothing else, it gave me peace of mind and a place to vent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 01:14 PM

245 posts, read 382,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosee01 View Post
Yea I have a feeling CA is a real mess. I was six weeks into Tier 1 when we crossed the 12-29-12 mark and I just received a letter today from the CA EDD postmarked 1-3-13 advising that the Federal Extensions have ended. It gave my remaining balance (for tier 1 only) and some stuff about filing a new claim if applicable.

I received that same letter today, it was postmarked Jan 4,2013. I'm also on Tier 1 midway through it. I expect some delays, i hope I'm able to certify online this Sunday as I have not received a claim form.

Old 01-07-2013, 01:44 PM

10 posts, read 16,106 times
Irco:

Call the telecert line and follow the instructions as if you were going to certify. You should get a message saying that the next day you are able to certify is 1/13. Obviously it's no guarantee of anything, but if you get that message, hopefully it will make you feel a little better. If you get some other message like I did, something along the lines of you're not able to use telecert, then I would advise to contact them.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:42 PM

19 posts, read 61,400 times
@El Zilcho

My Continued claim form arrived in the mail today. I am all set to certify on the 13th. Edd did not miss even a blip.

Hope your's shakes out too.

Old 01-10-2013, 11:45 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,330,693 times
Unfortunately, my Vietnamese is non existent.

You don't need to speak Vietnamese to get through.

Old 01-10-2013, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
Unfortunately, my Vietnamese is non existent.

You don't need to speak Vietnamese to get through.
I know right. I tried to be cool with the Vietnamese but I think I just placed and order for some bangin Thai with Thin Noodles and boba tea. lol

Old 01-10-2013, 10:15 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,330,693 times
I got my funds transfer notice tonight. Next week, I'll see what the latest claim form says in the way of a benefit amount.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:39 PM

UPDATE:

After receiving the January 3rd letter, I also submitted a question via the AskEDD system and the answer just arrived back today:
It simply told me that I am good for the rest of Tier 1, and Tier 2 though Tier 4.

The EDD did not even lose a day in my transition over the New Year holiday.
I hope everyone else has the same good fortune.

Old 01-20-2014, 06:31 AM

1 posts, read 731 times
I too received the exhausted federal extension letter. I then received a letter stating that I would be moving into tier 3, CONFIRMED! So I waited for my form, while listening to the news stating that extensions were going to be canceled. So I began calling EDD just to make sure, 3 days later I finally got a hold of a real human who told me that it didn't matter if I had 10,000 or 1 dollar, 7 weeks or 1 day I would not be receiving any more extensions. Even though the letter I received said I would and that I have money in my EDD account. Everything I've read says that I would be eligible so I'm not sure what that means, update your info EDD??? This whole thing has been frustrating to say the least.

Old 01-20-2014, 12:34 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staydown30206 View Post
Everything I've read says that I would be eligible so I'm not sure what that means, update your info EDD??? This whole thing has been frustrating to say the least.
The federal legislation authorizing extensions EXPIRED. Congress has not renewed.

Do you ever check the EDD website? It has been warning about a cutoff for months and clearly shows last payable date of 12/28/2013.

New Developments on Federal Unemployment Extensions and Benefit Cuts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment