Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2013, 03:05 PM

1 posts, read 4,196 times

Advertisements

I have called the unemployment office and received two different answers after waiting anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes on hold. Can anyone tell me what extension 607b is exactly? I was told if I worked and made three times my benefit amount of 320.00 I could receive another extension. First I was told I needed to make this amount during the time I have been on unemployment and today I was told after my unemployment has ended I need to make that much. Also I live in Indiana and now I work in Indiana as before I worked in Chicago but lived in Indiana. Which one is it? Please help!!!

Last edited by Torrie43; 07-30-2013 at 03:06 PM.. Reason: Forgot information
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2013, 03:37 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,497,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrie43 View Post
I have called the unemployment office and received two different answers after waiting anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes on hold. Can anyone tell me what extension 607b is exactly? I was told if I worked and made three times my benefit amount of 320.00 I could receive another extension. First I was told I needed to make this amount during the time I have been on unemployment and today I was told after my unemployment has ended I need to make that much. Also I live in Indiana and now I work in Indiana as before I worked in Chicago but lived in Indiana. Which one is it? Please help!!!
In order to open a "requalifying claim" at the END OF YOUR BENEFIT YEAR, the answer is "during the time you were on unemployment."

Section 607 of the Illinois Code refers to wages required to requalify for a new claim at the END OF YOUR BENEFIT YEAR.
Quote:
Some claimants using the traditional base period could file a second claim just after the end of their first benefit year, using wages from the quarters that were disregarded when they first filed because they fell in the original filing quarter and the quarter previous thereto. And, absent any statutory limitation, if those wages were enough to qualify again, the claimant could begin to draw regular benefits again during a second benefit year without working again after the initial layoff (Footnote 14). But Section 607 of the IUIA, 820 ILCS 405/607, requires that, to qualify for benefits again after a claimant's first benefit year has expired, a claimant must have worked again, subsequent to the beginning of the prior benefit year, and earned at least 3 times his/her wba.

Illinois Legal Advocate | Claimants' Rights to Unemployment Insurance Benefits in Illinois
Otherwise, if you have been working in Indiana and have not been claiming from Illinois and your benefit year has expired, at this point, you couldn't even reopen a claim in Illinois but would have to apply in Indiana, first.

Or, are you working in Indiana part-time and still claiming from Illinois?

What is it you are trying to do, exactly?

What is your exact claim and work history?

Did you ever begin federal extension (EUC) benefits on that Illinois claim?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment