Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 12:10 PM

1,359 posts, read 2,480,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenlime View Post
I just got in contact with a former co-worker. He was with me through it all. We were both reassigned to that project. At first I didn't want to include him as a witness since he was still employed by that company, but he just informed me that he left that company. So I can use him as my witness to verify that we were given ultimatum to go to alaska or get fired. He can also vouch they lied about when the job was leaving for alaska. Any thoughts on better way to utilize my witness? Thank you guys for the help.
Under "who attends the hearings" on the FAQ, the witness has to be given instructions on how to call in to the conference call.

Washington State Office of Administrative Hearings

You get a letter confirming that your appeal letter was received from unemployment (ESD), then you get a letter from OAH confirming that your appeal letter was received. THEN, you get a letter about a week or so later confirming the date and time of your hearing (which is generally over the phone, on a conference call).

If your witness is testifying on your behalf, make sure that you mention that he will be testifying on your appeal letter so the judge is aware.

Let me be clear: you want to make it clear to the judge that the employer was the one making the final act, not you. If the employer said, "Go to Alaska or you don't have a job", that is essentially the point. Be really clear and focus on what the issues really are:

Washington State Office of Administrative Hearings

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2014, 10:28 AM

11 posts, read 7,279 times
My hearing is tommorrow and I'm having problems writing my appeal. What exactly is the letter composed of. I plan to argue that my voluntarily quit was on a good cause. The employer changed my job location twice. The first occurrence.... I was relocated from a 20 minute drive from my house to a 75 minutes drive from my house, literally 100 miles roundtrip everyday driving. The second occurrence my boss wanted to send me to Alaska which was way too far for me. There was no option, either go to Alaska or get fired according to my boss. I have a witness who can verify everthing because it was two of us. I guess what Im asking how do I format all this without talking too much.

Old 10-06-2014, 10:48 AM

14,500 posts, read 31,072,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenlime View Post
My hearing is tommorrow and I'm having problems writing my appeal.
You don't write an appeal. You write an appeal REQUEST, but since you have a hearing tomorrow, that tells me you already did all the writing you were supposed to do. The hearing is ORAL testimony, and documentary evidence where available. You're not supposed to write anything, you testify to it, you have your witness(es) testify to things, and you have documents that you speak about.

Old 10-13-2014, 03:56 AM

11 posts, read 7,279 times
So I had my hearing on Tuesday Oct 7 th and I won due to No show on employer. I received my reversed letter two days later and fax the letter the same day to unemployment. How long does it take to get my payments? Does WA state have an office I can go to? I can't find anything on their website. Sorry if I come out impatient but I'm struggling to pay my bills for three months now. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment