Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 09:20 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,083,682 times

Advertisements

As someone that got fired, the stuff about adjustments, postponements, and subpoenas won't be something you'll be much concerned about, but your employer would be inclined to attempt to use those techniques, as the other poster is pointing out, the ALJ.

Last edited by Chyvan; 03-05-2015 at 09:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2015, 03:25 PM

145 posts, read 149,179 times
I'm going to send off my appeal letter tomorrow. In the letter I was just planning to write that I don't agree with my benefits decision and would like to request a hearing. Is that simple enough?

Old 03-10-2015, 03:54 PM

That's perfect.

Old 03-31-2015, 07:10 PM

I received a letter today saying something about no unemployment will be paid to me until I make at least 10 times my weekly benefit rate. What does this mean?

Old 03-31-2015, 09:46 PM

That is your denial letter or "notice of determination," or "notice of redetermination." Compare it to your old one and see if it the same one or a different one with a different date.

It should have appeal instructions. Type it in.

Depending on what it says, you might thave to appeal again to trigger the granting of a hearing.

Last edited by Chyvan; 03-31-2015 at 10:13 PM..

Old 03-31-2015, 11:43 PM

The top of the paper says it's a revised determination. The letter reads:

No Unemployment insurance benefits will be paid to you for the period beginning 1/21/2015 until you have subsequently worked for an employer and earned at least 10 times your weekly benefit rate. Employment and earnings from non covered, excluded or self employment will not count.

You were discharged for misconduct in connection with your employment with the above employer. As a result of this determination the wages earned with this employer prior to 1/21/2015 cannot be used to establish any subsequent claim for unemployment insurance you may file.

You were discharged because on 1/5/2015 you disclosed the home address of a customer to someone other than the account holder. Your actions were detrimental to the employer's and customer's best interests and are considered to be misconduct. This will be included in your hearing.

The instructions on the back are the same as the original determination letter. Basically stating that I can request a hearing within 30 days.

Old 03-31-2015, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBoss View Post
it's a revised determination.
Some states do this to annoy and trick you. A REdetermination is about as worthless as a determination in a situation like this. Send in the same appeal as before, and the next time you will get a hearing notice, and we can go from there.

It's the appeal hearing that is the MOST important part in the process, and you're not there yet. Sorry this is happening to you because it just drags out the wait with no UI. However, if you win, you will get all the benefits you've claimed for.

Old 04-01-2015, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chyvan View Post
Some states do this to annoy and trick you. A REdetermination is about as worthless as a determination in a situation like this. Send in the same appeal as before, and the next time you will get a hearing notice, and we can go from there.

It's the appeal hearing that is the MOST important part in the process, and you're not there yet. Sorry this is happening to you because it just drags out the wait with no UI. However, if you win, you will get all the benefits you've claimed for.
Ok thanks. I will send in another appeal tomorrow. I'm confused as to why they would do this though. 2 days after I sent my original appeal letter, I got a call from a representative from the Dept of Labor stating that she was working on my hearing and she wanted to know the address of my employer.

Old 04-01-2015, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBoss View Post
she wanted to know the address of my employer.
I'd have told her to send it to the address she had on file. Because so long as it got to where the employer wanted it to go, but if it happened to go to the wrong people, then so much the better for you.

Old 04-01-2015, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chyvan View Post
I'd have told her to send it to the address she had on file. Because so long as it got to where the employer wanted it to go, but if it happened to go to the wrong people, then so much the better for you.
I see. It may have went to the wrong people. The office that usually handles business is in another state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment