Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2016, 08:34 AM

2 posts, read 1,328 times

Advertisements

Okay I applied for benefits on 10 -2- 2016. Received letter in mail stating I will receive a call for interview on the 18th. On the 15th (Saturday )a phone number appeared on my screen and I pause for a second. Didn't answer it, but number looked familiar from years ago I guess using the number. (EDD).Hmmmm????? Was that my interview?????. 22 hours later I have an email stating Im able to certify for weeks benefits. Am I approved??????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2016, 09:56 AM

14,500 posts, read 31,208,015 times
If you get money or waiting week credit after submitting your weekly claim, then you know you're approved. However, just being reminded to submit your weekly claim doesn't mean anything. You're allowed to submit claims even when denied because you're allowed to appeal it, and that takes time.

Old 10-26-2016, 12:53 AM

2 posts, read 1,328 times
Default Approved For unemployment benefits. Now 2nd interview scheduled (5 days later)

Ok,

9/31. Wasn't able to complete route due to prior engagements. Underestimated time frame to get job done. During job coworker injured back. Called it in. Already exhausted going into 9th hour on a unexpected 12 hour shift, came back to Warehouse clocked out. Informed manager had a prior engagement wasn't able to finish,clocked out. Arrive next day 10/1 and was informed he had my shift covered and recoup over weekend. I informed I was ready to work and able to. Instructed me to go home. Arrived back at work on 10/4 and was informed that they were letting me go. Informed me he had to substitute two extra guys and himself to complete rest of day. (Part of being manger got to adust to unexpected things. Not the first wont be last.) Discussion went on for about 15 minutes on departure from company. Discussion involve history of me working with company. My personal characteristics have changed over the years I didn't seem pleased with the job anymore. I have gotten bitter. And other attributes and conversations about life aspects. Especially how he mentioned he couldn't believe people were still here for so long. Not making more or just about what I was making in the time I was there, (6yrs) .Many things of course attributed to my release but at same time just trying to survive there. Over the course of my last year there the working environment was challenging, and made challenging. You know when you been there too long and they know it. Anything next will trigger action. Like any relationship over the course of time there's ups and downs. This is your second family and seperation is needed to save the sanity of both parties. Sometimes we fall into the, ( are we living to work, or working to live ),syndrome. Been written up for not informing in adequate time for day off. Usually inform the day before I go home, not like calling in the day of, but ok. We forget sometimes as humans. Not taking a lunch. Let's see,5 years ago a verbal dispute with a former supervisor (he still there 17yrs). It was determined that we both had strong demeanor. (Supervisor has record of conflict with past co-workers during his 15 plus years. So basically I just outlined my faults and environment . Some of these write ups I signed in protest and wrote that on the write up. So I verbally told I'm signing this in protest. Anyway approved for benefits on 10/18, I didn't tell the rep any of the previous. Just told the rep we had a private conversation and new changes were be implemented and I wasn't part of the the new process. First payment sent 10/21. Not even 5 days later, being informed that second interview needed to determine eligibility. Wow. Well I do have two support cases. Shows the 25% reduction. Hmm what could it be. Promoted 2 times within my six years there and received numerous pat on the back awards for work achievements. They out number my right ups. Lol. So basically odds???? Stick to original poker hand. ( we had a personal conversation and new changes was being implemented and I wasn't part of the process?

Old 10-26-2016, 12:49 PM

25,603 posts, read 56,675,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgone1113 View Post
Anyway approved for benefits on 10/18, I didn't tell the rep any of the previous. Just told the rep we had a private conversation and new changes were be implemented and I wasn't part of the the new process. First payment sent 10/21.

Not even 5 days later, being informed that second interview needed to determine eligibility.
If, in fact, CA did a separate interview after you filed and this is a second request, then it sounds like the employer objected or returned its reply late citing some form of possible misconduct.

You can take the interview, or not.

If you take the interview, stick to your original story and do not say any more than that. This is not a quit, therefore the pay reduction is not relevant. You were discharged because "new changes were be implemented and I wasn't part of the the new process."

Your other option is to not take the interview at all. If employer is accusing you of anything, in most cases nothing you tell the interviewer will change the outcome. CA lets the appeal tribunal sort out the issues.

Fortunately, you are in claimant-friendly CA. If you need to appeal, you have an excellent chance of overturning an unfavorable decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment