Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 10:09 PM

26 posts, read 13,890 times

Advertisements

Hello. I received a package on January 26th 2018 sand by hearing coordinator. Package has documents and evidence agains me.Some of this paper's I never see before or was signed by me? Very surprised, how this people's can lie like that? NOW, I'm not afraid any more! We see!
I'm sorry but I was not sure if they sand me package on time? I even try to call them but nobody answer.I'my very happy I received documents on time. I apologize if I make you upset but this is my first time not everything is a understandable for me. I worked for this company 26 years and is very sad how they treated me lately. If I get my unemployment that fine, if not that's OK too! I will never come back to this company! Thank you so much for everything and I will keep in touch if I win or not. God bless you and your family!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2018, 10:52 PM

13,131 posts, read 20,995,508 times
For the last time, please type in from your determination letter, the reason for denial of benefits. With that, we can provide advice on how to handle the hearing, what to say, what to ask the employer, what not to say and how to use the regulations to your advantage. However, if you continue to refuse providing that information, why should we care if you get benefits or not?

Old 01-27-2018, 11:52 PM

Issue 003 602A-Misconduct

Deny Effective 12/10/2017- 12/31/9999
What's the claimant discharged for misconduct connected with the work? The evidence shows the claimant was discharged from
CTA BUS BOARD/ RTA because there was an incident with a passenger which she did not report it to her supervisor where it was found she made unwanted contact with the passenger. Since the reason the claimant was discharged was within the claimant's control to avoid, the claimant was discharged for misconduct connected with the work. The claimant is ineligible for benefits from 12/10/2017 and will be determined ineligible until she meets the requirements.

Old 01-28-2018, 12:11 AM

Sorry! I was not refusing providing information for you, I just misunderstood the question! Thank you so much for helping me!

Old 01-28-2018, 12:44 AM

14,500 posts, read 31,079,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu6 View Post
there was an incident with a passenger which she did not report it to her supervisor where it was found she made unwanted contact with the passenger.
Finally. Here's the deal. That passenger is NOT going to be at your hearing. Only two people know what happened during that incident, and you are the only one that is going to be at the hearing that has first-hand knowledge.

When the employer tries to submit or say anything that has to do with the passenger, be sure to object as hearsay. You'll probably be told "hearsay is allowed," but it puts the judge on notice that you know what hearsay is. It also makes for an appealable issue to the board of review if it's relied upon.

You need to go with the events as described by the passenger never happened.

However, I'm really worried for you. You could have told us this a month ago. I just don't think by tomorrow that you can grasp the concepts of hearsay and the significance that the first-hand witness against you won't be at your hearing and how you can make that work to your advantage. This is winnable if you do it right.

The thing is if the employer says things about this encounter, and you say, "well yeah, but she was a disruptive passenger," you will single-handedly with your own mouth confirm that something happened. You need to keep saying, "this never happened. They weren't on the bus. They don't know."

Old 01-28-2018, 09:43 AM

13,131 posts, read 20,995,508 times
Your employer must prove you did something wrong. Unless they have a video, an in person at the hearing witness, or an admissible written statement from you, you must never admit to the incident at all. So, did you sign anything with the employer, or was there video of the event, or was another employee present?

I'm going to say this now, as Chyvan stated, had you told us this weeks ago, we could have walked you through the whole process. Now we have to pick just the important issues. You need to be monitoring and responding quickly to our post otherwise your chances are slim of getting through the hearing without making a mistake.

Old 01-28-2018, 01:02 PM

Continues explanation the incident my company's referral to his is group of students from high school that's supposed to be two buses,one only for students one other for other passenger for three months prior to this incident my bus, regular bus was only one available on this route. I constantly inform my manager about problems of overloading with only bus he told me he would take care of it but things get only worse he told me to use my judgment . On the day of the incident I was only buys again and the uruly group of boys are pushing and shoving to get on the bus there were getting tangled with their backpacks So to avoid them from getting hurt I stood up to detangle and direct them so they could continue loading and not tripping over each other I was by myself with no assistance from school or my company I use my judgment to stand up to a assist because if I did nothing someone will be hurt and I will be liable for that and I was .I also suggest to my students to tell parents how unsafe situation is and call headquarters and report it. two days Later I was removed from the job bus company using video because I touched his students nobody was hurt nobody was complaining when children was leaving I wish him good day my company was trying to force me write statement I beat up their students when I refuse after 7 weeks I was discharged

Old 01-28-2018, 01:22 PM

I have ugly history with this company I was discharged 3 times and proximately 26 years this is my third time the first time was 1999 I was wrongful discharge for having accidents with the bus and not reporting .Another bus operator damage not report.I I won my case and return to work only keep it for another 3 years I was discharge again. Took me 6 years to come back to this company winning with Supreme Court for wrongful discharge and retaliation. Company don't want me to be there they didn't help me with any problems when I reported. This incident with the students when I ask for help I ask everyday everyday. Company on purposely ignore my crying for help. They knew about the problem from the gecko.

Old 01-28-2018, 01:33 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,079,420 times
You're not getting it. We don't care WHY you were really fired. What we care about is the potential evidence against you at the hearing. For the employer to be successful, the student that complained about you MUST be at the hearing, you signed a confession, or there is video tape. If none of those things are present, you are NOT to tell this story even if you are asked. You just say, "it never happened."

It is your right to face your accuser, have them under oath, and subject to cross-examination.

I guarantee you that this student is not going to be at your hearing. He's probably going to be in class. His parents can't testify to what happened because they weren't on the bus. Your employer reading from a complaint is NOT evidence either.

I hope that you get this right at your hearing. The stuff you keep saying tells me that you really don't understand what a UI hearing is like.

Since you probably had an attorney for the wrongful termination and won, why don't you pay that guy to come to your hearing. He sounds like he knows what he's doing.

Old 01-28-2018, 02:16 PM

819 posts, read 572,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu6 View Post
two days Later I was removed from the job bus company using video because I touched his students
Have you seen the video? Or did they just tell you that they have one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment