Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2020, 09:20 AM

1,314 posts, read 1,165,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNew2this View Post
Well I just claimed for the two weeks. Claim still isn’t payable. I’m so lost. I call the numbers but can’t get through. I think it may have something to do with one of my employers being in NY and Federal and maybe they haven’t gotten my wages. Even though I sent them in as well smh. I’ll keep you guys posted. Thanks for your help
When did you file first?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2020, 09:46 AM

23 posts, read 16,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbid500 View Post
Something is going on because they now have certifications spread out over two days. Probably volume
Almost 100% positive its volume...

Old 04-05-2020, 09:59 AM

94 posts, read 64,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipito View Post
When did you file first?
2-28-2020 Claim dated for 2-23-2020

Old 04-05-2020, 10:07 AM

Quote:
2-28-2020 Claim dated for 2-23-2020
And you’ve received nothing in the mail?

The OP in this thread has an apparently magic phone number that a couple of people have been able to get through on. Send them a DM and see if they can help. You absolutely need to talk to someone.

If that doesn’t work, call the office of your local state representative and raise hell.

Old 04-05-2020, 10:31 AM

94 posts, read 64,482 times
Quote:
And you’ve received nothing in the mail?

The OP in this thread has an apparently magic phone number that a couple of people have been able to get through on. Send them a DM and see if they can help. You absolutely need to talk to someone.

If that doesn’t work, call the office of your local state representative and raise hell.
I received a wage form that I filled out and sent in with some pay stubs. 3 weeks later I recieved the same form again giving me the impression they nvr recieved them the first time I sent them. Nonetheless I sent them again. Someone here was kind enough to provide me with a few numbers but I haven’t gotten through to any of them yet. I sent an email to my states legislator last week just wait for to hear back. Thanks again everyone

Old 04-05-2020, 10:54 AM

Quote:
I received a wage form that I filled out and sent in with some pay stubs. 3 weeks later I recieved the same form again giving me the impression they nvr recieved them the first time I sent them. Nonetheless I sent them again. Someone here was kind enough to provide me with a few numbers but I haven’t gotten through to any of them yet. I sent an email to my states legislator last week just wait for to hear back. Thanks again everyone
Call your state legislator. Don’t wait on email. Call

Old 04-05-2020, 10:57 AM

76 posts, read 72,085 times
Quote:
Has your claim already been reopened and have you been able to certify the weeks since 3/17?

If so, it looks like you’ll be getting your regular pay PLUS a $1200 check, PLUS the tax refund advance check possibly all this week.

For the sake of so many that are in this position, I really hope this all comes to fruition this week in the heavily impacted states (CA/NY/NJ), that 2-3K will go a long way toward helping everyone, including those that are still working through this.

Just remember, when it does show up, spend every dime that you can locally and not with the giant corporations (Walmart/Amazon/etc). Those companies are the ones profiting right now and have done absolutely nothing to help.

Plus, we all need a little positive right now in our lives.

Yeah,Jeff Bezosisa cheap bastard. He's worth 130 Billion and paying his employees like $15 an hour to work like robots.

This is what I just pulled

"At the annual earnings rate Business Insider calculated — again, an estimation based on the change in his Forbes net worth year-over-year — Bezos has earned $6.54 billion a month, more than $1.5 billion a week, and more than $215 million a day in the last 12 months.Jan 9, 2019"

That was last year... I believe he's worth much more now...

I won't be getting that stimulus check despite qualifying. I almost never file my tax returns. I shouldn't say that but I don't care much to not disclose thst... $1200aweek on the next 4 months is good enough for me..

Some of the other folks like in Alabama I think can only collect like $200 a week max and then there was some states with like a$185 or so max limit..

Old 04-05-2020, 01:58 PM

268 posts, read 219,717 times
Quote:
Yes there are 3 working numbers--you will need to keep hitting redial until it rings. I usually get through within 1-2 hours of trying-but I always get through--

Old 04-05-2020, 02:10 PM

131 posts, read 95,409 times
Week #3, "your claim is not payable at this time."

HOW IS MY CLAIM NOT PAYABLE? HOW DO I SHOW 7500 DOLLARS BUT MY CLAIM IS NOT PAYABLE?

WHAT IS THIS?

This state is an absolute JOKE. I have ZERO faith that I will ever see a dime from this unemployment claim. ZERO faith. The guy I spoke to from the number JLW1280 gave me couldn't have shown any less interest in helping if he tried. Kept talking over me, not allowing me to finish a sentence, and gave me generic answers that did not help me AT ALL with any sort of clarification on why my claim is not being paid out three weeks later. Dude wouldn't even take my claim number to even attempt to see if there was anything I needed to clarify ie the case of OP I believe. WHY is my claim not payable if I show no appointments and to this date have not received anything in the mail that would show that my claim is being questioned or disqualified?

Literally a joke.

Old 04-05-2020, 02:49 PM

130 posts, read 223,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonp1102 View Post
Week #3, "your claim is not payable at this time."

HOW IS MY CLAIM NOT PAYABLE? HOW DO I SHOW 7500 DOLLARS BUT MY CLAIM IS NOT PAYABLE?

WHAT IS THIS?

This state is an absolute JOKE. I have ZERO faith that I will ever see a dime from this unemployment claim. ZERO faith. The guy I spoke to from the number JLW1280 gave me couldn't have shown any less interest in helping if he tried. Kept talking over me, not allowing me to finish a sentence, and gave me generic answers that did not help me AT ALL with any sort of clarification on why my claim is not being paid out three weeks later. Dude wouldn't even take my claim number to even attempt to see if there was anything I needed to clarify ie the case of OP I believe. WHY is my claim not payable if I show no appointments and to this date have not received anything in the mail that would show that my claim is being questioned or disqualified?

Literally a joke.
Some people on the phone can be very helpful. Others act like you’re inconveniencing them, which is a joke. And that’s even before the recent shot show.

My advice? Send an email and a letter to your state representative and also call them. Usually doing this will expedite a resolution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment