Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2020, 03:04 PM

131 posts, read 94,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbid500 View Post
Some people on the phone can be very helpful. Others act like you’re inconveniencing them, which is a joke. And that’s even before the recent shot show.

My advice? Send an email and a letter to your state representative and also call them. Usually doing this will expedite a resolution.
The fact that these people get paid to do this but act like we're an inconvenience is an absolute joke.

I'm going to call each of the three direct numbers I have starting at 7-730am and try to get this resolved. This is absolutely ridiculous. I understand that NJ generally had a lag period between filing and getting paid, but this is absurd.

And Murphy's twitter team, whether it's him or he has a PR guy, keeps posting ridiculous **** on twitter instead of seemingly trying to take care of this mess.

They should have upgraded the unemployment system YEARS ago. This is the same exact interface they had in 2011 or 2012.

It also makes me wonder if the $600 payouts truly will be coming this week, and if they will, do they still come to people like me who keep receiving these "not payable at this time" messages from the normal UI interface?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2020, 03:34 PM

I just PM'd you JLW1280.

Old 04-05-2020, 06:04 PM

1,314 posts, read 1,157,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonp1102 View Post
The fact that these people get paid to do this but act like we're an inconvenience is an absolute joke.

I'm going to call each of the three direct numbers I have starting at 7-730am and try to get this resolved. This is absolutely ridiculous. I understand that NJ generally had a lag period between filing and getting paid, but this is absurd.

And Murphy's twitter team, whether it's him or he has a PR guy, keeps posting ridiculous **** on twitter instead of seemingly trying to take care of this mess.

They should have upgraded the unemployment system YEARS ago. This is the same exact interface they had in 2011 or 2012.

It also makes me wonder if the $600 payouts truly will be coming this week, and if they will, do they still come to people like me who keep receiving these "not payable at this time" messages from the normal UI interface?
Imagine your world if you were on the other end of the line.

Old 04-05-2020, 06:37 PM

76 posts, read 71,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonp1102 View Post
Week #3, "your claim is not payable at this time."

HOW IS MY CLAIM NOT PAYABLE? HOW DO I SHOW 7500 DOLLARS BUT MY CLAIM IS NOT PAYABLE?

WHAT IS THIS?

This state is an absolute JOKE. I have ZERO faith that I will ever see a dime from this unemployment claim. ZERO faith. The guy I spoke to from the number JLW1280 gave me couldn't have shown any less interest in helping if he tried. Kept talking over me, not allowing me to finish a sentence, and gave me generic answers that did not help me AT ALL with any sort of clarification on why my claim is not being paid out three weeks later. Dude wouldn't even take my claim number to even attempt to see if there was anything I needed to clarify ie the case of OP I believe. WHY is my claim not payable if I show no appointments and to this date have not received anything in the mail that would show that my claim is being questioned or disqualified?

Literally a joke.
You got to chill man. They need to verify your wages with your employer, then process it.. I had the same thing.. then it started paying me out in a matter of a week

Old 04-05-2020, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter7280 View Post
You got to chill man. They need to verify your wages with your employer, then process it.. I had the same thing.. then it started paying me out in a matter of a week
some of my coworkers have already had their certifications paid out when they filed the same day or after me. it has been THREE weeks since i filed, not just one.

Old 04-06-2020, 06:21 AM

130 posts, read 222,580 times
Question: in New Jersey. I now (after I filed my claim already) want to get 10% taken out for taxes. Does anybody know anyway of doing it without calling? There are no options on line after you’ve already filed.

Old 04-06-2020, 06:37 AM

1,314 posts, read 1,157,546 times
Quote:
Question: in New Jersey. I now (after I filed my claim already) want to get 10% taken out for taxes. Does anybody know anyway of doing it without calling? There are no options on line after you’ve already filed.
Why? It's highly unlikely that you'll have any real tax burden from it, and every dime right now is better to have in your hands than the government's hands.

Old 04-06-2020, 06:40 AM

3,259 posts, read 2,769,240 times
Quote:
Sounds like you would have had to request it when first applying. After the fact you have to send a request to them in writing. Here's the link with info.

https://myunemployment.nj.gov/before...ly/taxes.shtml

Old 04-06-2020, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scraprsmith View Post
Sounds like you would have had to request it when first applying. After the fact you have to send a request to them in writing. Here's the link with info.

https://myunemployment.nj.gov/before...ly/taxes.shtml
Awesome! Thank you!

Old 04-06-2020, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipito View Post
Why? It's highly unlikely that you'll have any real tax burden from it, and every dime right now is better to have in your hands than the government's hands.
I’m looking at the long haul. $1,300.00 a week untaxed (almost $700 a week + the additional $600 federal) is no problem for a month. But that **** adds up after a while. Normally I don’t get taxes taken out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment