Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2021, 08:26 AM

1 posts, read 229 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone,

This got much longer than I expected it to be but I just wanted to make sure I explained myself completely. Hopefully someone has some information.

I separated from my ex-husband in Summer 2019. We were finally divorced March 11th, right before things shut down. I was a stay at home mom to 3 kids for 7 years before my divorce. Between being out of the work force for so long and due to the pandemic, I was unable to find a job. I applied for unemployment but received a notice in the mail shortly thereafter saying that I was ineligible due to insufficient work history.

On 12/18, I received an email saying that I was receiving benefits through PUA and that the amount of weeks had been extended.

Somehow, in the beginning of May, I missed an email sent by the state saying that I was eligible for benefits.

I "started" a job at the end of May. I had to take a class, pass a test to get my license, take another class, etc before I could actually start working. I started in September. It is a commission based sales job and, unfortunately, I have only made one sale thus far.

I have three small children (7, 5, and 3) and trying to work from home while also having the kids has been hard. They started off with a hybrid schedule and have been remote since the end of November. it has been nearly impossible to work consistently.

When I applied I wasn't working so I have been trying to get ahold of someone at Unemployment to let them know but I have not been able to get ahold of anyone ever. I have been constantly calling and get the "due to the high volume of calls waiting..." message. I got through once, was on hold for about a half hour, then was disconnected.

I have been living on my savings which is quickly decreasing. I decided to try and certify for benefits. I then got a message that said my claim expired since it was from last year. Is there anyway I would be able to claim the time that I was eligible but didn't certify? I would have certified before my claim expired but I wanted to notify them about the work and could never get ahold of someone. I submitted a new claim for now but I could really use the previous benefits.

If anyone can give me any sort of help or information (even just a way to speak to someone) I would be forever grateful.

Thank yoU!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment