Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2021, 04:19 PM

46 posts, read 47,913 times

Advertisements

Hi, my UI benefit year is from 03/15/2020 - 12/31/2020. I still have $2060 claim balance left.

It gives me this message:

Your claim has expired and benefits are no longer payable on this claim for weeks ending after 12/31/2020. If you are still unemployed or partially unemployed, you must reapply for unemployment benefits.

I'm confused to if I need reapply again since it also give me this message on the bottom:

If you are receiving Pandemic Unemployment Assistance benefits, do not submit a new application. You won’t be able to certify for weeks of unemployment after 12/26/2020 until we update our system based on the new federal legislation. You will receive a message here once you have weeks available to certify.

I received the PUA $600 extra and the $300 for a few weeks which both has ended months ago. I'm very confused and do not know what to do now. I'm not receiving any UI or PUA right now which is why i'm confused to weather I need to reapply or not. One message tells me I need to reapply and the other tells me not to. I was hoping that the system would automatically extend my UI benefit for another 11 weeks for the cares act II plus the $300 PUA on top of it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by anjing408; 01-07-2021 at 05:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2021, 04:28 PM

38 posts, read 51,736 times
They are doing the programming. Hopefully finished this week.

Old 01-07-2021, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socaljoeyb View Post
They are doing the programming. Hopefully finished this week.

so I don't need to reapply for Unemployment Insurance(UI) again? I'm not receiving any UI or PUA right now which is why i'm confused to weather I need to reapply or not. One message tells me I need to reapply and the other tells me not to. So confusing

Last edited by anjing408; 01-07-2021 at 04:51 PM..

Old 01-07-2021, 06:01 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,215,567 times
You don't reapply. Everyone is just having to wait. The "expired claim" is an automated email.

Old 01-07-2021, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scal2010 View Post
You don't reapply. Everyone is just having to wait. The "expired claim" is an automated email.
Thank you for the answer. I almost reapply today. So does that mean once the system updates we will received the extra 11 weeks extension for UI benefits plus the $300 extra on top per week?

Old 01-07-2021, 07:40 PM

38 posts, read 51,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjing408 View Post
Thank you for the answer. I almost reapply today. So does that mean once the system updates we will received the extra 11 weeks extension for UI benefits plus the $300 extra on top per week?
We should yes.

Old 01-07-2021, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socaljoeyb View Post
We should yes.

Old 01-10-2021, 07:24 AM

Just got this message when I logged in this morning 1/10. Should I click on reopen claim?

Reopen Your Claim

If you have not certified for benefits for a period of time or you have never certified during this benefit year, you must reopen your claim.

(Reopen Your Claim button to click here)

If you received a claim form from your employer or union, special handling is required to reopen your Unemployment Insurance (UI) claim. You must call one of the numbers below for assistance in reopening your claim.

For Work Sharing claims only: 916-464-3300

For all other claims visit Contact Us.

You cannot reopen a claim more than once within the same calendar week (Sunday through Saturday).

Old 01-10-2021, 07:43 AM

12,785 posts, read 15,005,798 times
^ I started a thread about the SAME new notification message about reopening your claim:

http:////www.city-data.com/forum/une...nefit-amt.html

BUT, we've all probably certified regularly & during our benefit year, so we probably DON'T click on that REOPEN YOUR CLAIM button unfortunately, right? It says to reopen only if you did NOT:
  • certify for a period of time
  • certify during your benefit year

I assume most if not all of us have certified regularly & during the benefit year because we of course want/need our money!

Old 01-10-2021, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
^ I started a thread about the SAME new notification message about reopening your claim:

http:////www.city-data.com/forum/une...nefit-amt.html

BUT, we've all probably certified regularly & during our benefit year, so we probably DON'T click on that REOPEN YOUR CLAIM button unfortunately, right? It says to reopen only if you did NOT:
  • certify for a period of time
  • certify during your benefit year

I assume most if not all of us have becuase we of course want/need our money!
Yep, so I'm really confuse now and not sure what to do. I was hoping when I logged in it will automatically extend our benefits for 11 weeks and have the certify option. Instead it gives us this message to reopen claim which confuse me even more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment