Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2021, 03:16 PM
PVL PVL started this thread

152 posts, read 78,791 times

Advertisements

When my benefit year review was completed in March it was determined that I had earned enough to be put on another UI claim rather than continue on the PEUC 25. Thing is, the new UI claim only had 21 weeks on it rather than the 25 from PEUC. I guess I have two questions.
1: When the last of my 21 weeks is up will I be transitioned onto PEUC until 9/4?
2: Do I still qualify for EB 13 after that? I still haven't used any of the EB. I know that the unemployment threshold went down so it went from 20 weeks to 13 weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2021, 01:17 PM

3,259 posts, read 2,769,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVL View Post
When my benefit year review was completed in March it was determined that I had earned enough to be put on another UI claim rather than continue on the PEUC 25. Thing is, the new UI claim only had 21 weeks on it rather than the 25 from PEUC. I guess I have two questions.
1: When the last of my 21 weeks is up will I be transitioned onto PEUC until 9/4?
2: Do I still qualify for EB 13 after that? I still haven't used any of the EB. I know that the unemployment threshold went down so it went from 20 weeks to 13 weeks.
1. you should, however if you didn't use all weeks attached to your oldest eligible claim for PEUC you may be switched back to that claim to collect remainder of PEUC off of that claim through wk ending 9/4

2. likely EB 13 won't even be triggered on in NJ at that point in time so I think it will be a moot point. but on the long shot it is you have 20 base weeks so that satisfies the one wage requirement. it was 20 base weeks or total wages on your claim monetary determination have to be equal to or greater than 40x the WBR on the claim. Your claim can also have no refusal of work or any disqualification for misconduct on it.

Old 06-28-2021, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scraprsmith View Post
1. you should, however if you didn't use all weeks attached to your oldest eligible claim for PEUC you may be switched back to that claim to collect remainder of PEUC off of that claim through wk ending 9/4

2. likely EB 13 won't even be triggered on in NJ at that point in time so I think it will be a moot point. but on the long shot it is you have 20 base weeks so that satisfies the one wage requirement. it was 20 base weeks or total wages on your claim monetary determination have to be equal to or greater than 40x the WBR on the claim. Your claim can also have no refusal of work or any disqualification for misconduct on it.
Thanks again Scrap!

Old 09-01-2021, 05:51 AM

So......I was unable to certify yesterday. I got an error message that said no benefits are available to you at this time. Any suggestion?

Old 09-01-2021, 09:08 AM

Quote:
So......I was unable to certify yesterday. I got an error message that said no benefits are available to you at this time. Any suggestion?
is the claim balance zero? were you running off of PEUC on the claim? and the next load of PEUC needs to be added to the claim you were reverted back to?

Old 09-01-2021, 01:57 PM

Quote:
is the claim balance zero? were you running off of PEUC on the claim? and the next load of PEUC needs to be added to the claim you were reverted back to?
My balance is now zero. I was running off of the new claim filed on my behalf after my BYE but it only went through week ending 8/21 so I assumed I would be put back on PEUC for the remaining 2 weeks.

Old 09-01-2021, 05:10 PM

Quote:
My balance is now zero. I was running off of the new claim filed on my behalf after my BYE but it only went through week ending 8/21 so I assumed I would be put back on PEUC for the remaining 2 weeks.
so benefits exhausted 8/21 were the remaining UI 21 week claim balance? it sounds like a reversion needed back to the march 2020 claim to collect any remaining PEUC off of that claim. What was the march 2020 claim date? If an older claim has any or all of PEUC 13 attached to it they have to revert to the older claim. Otherwise PEUC 13 should have loaded by the next day on the claim.

Old 09-01-2021, 06:11 PM

Quote:
so benefits exhausted 8/21 were the remaining UI 21 week claim balance? it sounds like a reversion needed back to the march 2020 claim to collect any remaining PEUC off of that claim. What was the march 2020 claim date? If an older claim has any or all of PEUC 13 attached to it they have to revert to the older claim. Otherwise PEUC 13 should have loaded by the next day on the claim.
So I need to call someone at NJDOL?

Old 09-02-2021, 03:41 PM

Quote:
So I need to call someone at NJDOL?
Yes or start emailing DOL contacts to get it reverted back.. otherwise you're waiting about 16 weeks. Adjustments is now running 16 to 18 weeks behind.

Old 09-02-2021, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Yes or start emailing DOL contacts to get it reverted back.. otherwise you're waiting about 16 weeks. Adjustments is now running 16 to 18 weeks behind.
Damn. Okay. Thanks Scrap!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment